[Feature Request] Option to disable on-screen keyboard
Option to disable on-screen keyboard. On-screen keyboard is useless when you control your HTPC with mini-keyboard. It is impossible to use navigation keys and Enter.

Screenshot from Kodi v17.0 “Krypton” Nightly build with Estuary Next Gen skin:

yes please
I agree, this have annoyed me for years.
i would love an option to disable it, too.
Trying to use the search function while using a regular mouse + keyboard drives me nuts...
Count me in.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

Please!
Thumbs up!

An OSD keyboard with a physical one makes no sense, I think more people will get a keyboard in their living rooms once they just get over the idea =)
I agree!!!
i think you can get it working easy, with an extra skin setting and set the required controls and groups unvisible.
empty signature
yes, it's skinable. text edit controls can be given input directly upon selection from physical keyboards, only when they are clicked the vkeyboard will pop up.
+1
+1
Even better idea:
Make onscreen keyboard configurable such:
- when last key press was from a "keyboard"-like device, no onscreen keyboad is displayed
- when last key press was from a "TV remote"-like device, always show oncreen keyboard
- (gaming controllers? racing wheels? ...)

This would ensure that devices like FLIRC ( https://flirc.tv ) which emulate a USB keyboard device can still be configured like a TV remote.

options dialog:
For each of your registered input devices (HIDs) you can disable showing the inscreen keyboard.
Default behavior is of course the current default: show onscreen keyboard for all input devices.
(The config file would only contain the devices for which NOT to show the onscreen keyboard.)

This is a common modern usability design principle.
This dynamic adaptation of behavior is also common in modern PC games
where switching your input device will instantly switch visible control scheme hints ("press X" instead of "click left mouse button")
or enables imprecise aiming mode ("aimbot") when switching from using mouse/keyboard to a gaming controller.
Threre may even be complete menu changes depending on the input method...
(similar to responsive design in websites)
Most remotes can‘t be distinguished from keyboard thoug cause they simply emulate a keyboard.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2018-06-16, 11:31)Memphiz Wrote: Most remotes can‘t be distinguished from keyboard thoug cause they simply emulate a keyboard.
Back to original request then: Option to disable this annoying feature.

+1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Option to disable on-screen keyboard4