• 3(current)
Release Banners - (Display ad-banners over full screen video)
Thanks for a great addon.

I am very exciting with this addon. It works very well.

I just have a trouble with the time between every banner. It always 5 sec for each banner even when I change "Change banner every (sec.)" in the settings.

Please show me how to keep the banner appear on screen longer?

Pause time is working exactly.

Thank you very much!
OK, I'll have a look

Yes - I have found it. Will upload fixed version later today.
v1.5
- Bug fix
hello DaLAnik,

Thank you for your update, Banner timer is working perfect now.

I just have one more question about the rule or format of the banner file name.

I have a list of image as:
a_01.png
b_01.png
beauty_01.jpg
beauty_02.jpg

I guess it will be appeared in this order but not (I don't check random)

So how can I get a rule for the banner appearing in order?

Thank you very much!
I just checked with my included banners and it is sorting them (displaying) by name. Regardless of extension. So it is just like you had in your example.
Just sent a donation,

Thanks for your great addon!
Aha, that was you, I was wonderin what that was for Smile Thanx!
Could this addon be adapted to display google adwords content ?, i know it doesnt at the moment and dont expect such a big change to be made but wondered if it was possible ....... Thanks
I don't think so. The google adwords content is javascript or html linking to javascript. This addon displays images.
Is it possible to trigger this from the API? rather than on a cron / schedule?

Im trying to get full-screen notifications going, but this could be an alternate route if i could specify the image file and time to display in a JSON API Call
I think something could be done, but I don't understand where the "API" calls would orginate from? What exactly do you need to notify?
I use kodi as office dashboards, they are viewed from long distances so the notifications are way too small. The API call will be coming from a js/php Web app I'm building.
I would generate an image file in the Web app and then use this to display it on top of whatever else was playing.
The only problem is how to "tell" the addon when to display image.... file copy seems easiest way to do it, I'll think about it, maybe there is another way to send messages to kodi addon.... i.e. you create an image somewhere, addon is monitoring that folder and if there is any change (new files), it displays this file.
Ideally the workflow would be.

I'd send an HTTP API call to Kodi along the lines of
http://localhost/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0","method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon","params": {"wait": false,"addonid": "service.banners","params":"image":"/storage/Pictures/img.jpg","displaytime":"20000"]},"id": 2}
from the webapp, which would display a picture already stored in /storage/Pictures/, for 20 seconds.
but the storage location could just as easily be smb://server/share/img.jpg
Hmm, sounds plausible Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Banners - (Display ad-banners over full screen video)1