v17 PVR not skipping commericals properly
Windows 10 - Kodi 17 beta 5 - Mediaportal 1.5 final - comskip (paid)

Using Mediaportal PVR to record live tv. Running comskip to create the cut file. In Kodi 13 - 16 this configuration worked flawlessly using comskip's .txt cut file. With 17 (all betas including 5) the player built into Kodi will begin the skip accurately but will either:

a. skip to a random point much later in the recording

or

b. shut the recording down and return to the listing menu.

I have tested both the .txt cut file and the .edl cut file created by comskip and with either the same behavior is observed.
To further test, when playing the same recordings using the same .txt or .edl file the skip is correct in Kodi 16.1

I have posted a debug log here: http://pastebin.com/3YFpsLb2

Any ideas on what I may have misconfigured or perhaps a bug?
I would suggest that you ask this in the Video support section.
The MediaPortal PVR addon does not do anything with comskip. It is Kodi itself that detects and handles the cut file next to the recording file.
This of course only works when the PVR addon is in TSReader mode without RTSP enabled (which is the default setting).
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
You can see on line 1756, Kodi is seeing the file and adding the cuts. On line 2111/2319 you can see Kodi skipping.
If someone's post helps you out, click the thank user button.
(2016-12-14, 23:35)hackthis02 Wrote: You can see on line 1756, Kodi is seeing the file and adding the cuts. On line 2111/2319 you can see Kodi skipping.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, Kodi is skipping but it is not returning at the correct place. After the skip, kodi will either come back at some random place in the recording, or just shut the player down and return to the files menu.
Hi there, I have been experiencing this issue as well. For me what appears to be happening is the commercial segment length is getting cut twice. When I play a video with an edl file, the video seamlessly cuts out the commercials so I'm left with just the show. However, when Kodi reaches one of those cut points it seeks the video the length of the break it already cut, putting me randomly in the middle of the show. If I seek past a cut point I can avoid it getting cut twice. Hope this helps
I'm having an issue where it skips a split second too early and i had perfect playback with previous versions of kodi (16.1). Has there been a change to the player in the new version of kodi 17?
Experiencing the same issue as the above two users.

@shipman - I had that problem so reverted to txt files instead of edl. Once I did this,it seems to resolve the skipping, but I started to experience the slightly early skip (about 1 sec) as flyingsubs. Running Kodi 17 beta 6
Complaining in this thread won't help. The MediaPortal PVR client does NOT implement commercial skipping at all.
It is Kodi itself that recognises the edl files next to the played recording.
If it works in Kodi 16 and not in Kodi 17 and you want to have it fixed, please report this in the Video Support thread. The video player in Kodi 17 had a major rewrite, so it could be that something is broken now.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I had this happening but found it seemed to be related to having .txt and .eld files in folder. in 16 it wasn't an issue (although skip forwards or backwards were broken) but in 17 it was not working as described by everybody above. I deleted the .edl files trying to stop the skipping completely (as no skipping was better than badly broken skipping) and it just started working, so perhaps you should all check that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR not skipping commericals properly0