Req PR #11008 - Disable Prompting for Auto-Skip
Stemming from this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2464246

I found on my RPi2, the prompts for auto-skip were actually killing the playback. My screen would black out for five seconds, I'm not sure if it was trying to change resolutions or something. Then it would only come back the moment the commercial skip engaged.

For others, this prompt is just an annoyance to an already, mostly, seamless video playback experience.

I just wanted the ability to disable this and so I have made an advanced setting boolean (promptskipcommercials) which is defaulted to true (the current Kodi v17 experience). Setting to false simply disables the notification and allows the m_SkipCommercials boolean to take over.

I am unable to test this as my build environment does not build properly for LibreELEC and so I have nothing to test on.
(2016-11-29, 03:43)nerddtvg Wrote: I found on my RPi2, the prompts for auto-skip were actually killing the playback. My screen would black out for five seconds, I'm not sure if it was trying to change resolutions or something. Then it would only come back the moment the commercial skip engaged.

I'd like to know why you are getting the blank screen. Can you test with deinterlace method set to bob?
If that doesn't help then post a debug log (wiki) with it occurring. Press a harmless key (or remote button) when the screen blanks to help find the place in the log.
The overlay from debug causes the flickering not to happen. I'm going to try running the debug and disable the overlay, but it seems to be a resolution change that causes it because my TV goes from reporting 1080 to nothing and back again.
After a reboot, my LibreElec updated to Beta6 from Beta5. It seems to have fixed the flickering.

I still would like to have an option to disable the commercial prompt though. It just seems to be an unnecessary distraction.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PR #11008 - Disable Prompting for Auto-Skip1