• 5(current)
Sony AndroidTV KD-55XD8005 no DolbyDigital AC3 output
@fritch, what about the audio settings for your testing release? Same as before?

1) Use the build I provide with 384000 AC3
2) Enable Sync Playback to Display (yes) <- this will disable all passthrough but has a special handling when AC3 Transcoding is enabled.
3) Enable AC3 and AC3 Transcoding
4) Set Number of speakers to 2.0

One remark to the release http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
I noticed a "huge" audio delay watching a 720p AC3 movie.
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
For the "PCM Hack build" I just linked:
You can enable DTS, AC3 whatever you like. If you want to watch e.g. TrueHD you additionally need to enable Dolby Transcoding. Sync Playback to Display is not required (but if implemented properly it should improve video display experience a lot - it will disable PT (cause it needs to adjust audio) in the case only AC3 transcode will output PT (in combination with 2.0 pcm channels)l).

The build with the reduced bitrate needs to use v21/v22 AC3 API - which sucks balls ... so dealy is inherent :-(
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I tested shortly in commercial break.

DTS was working, but AC3 not. No audio at all.
After activating Sync Playback to Display no audio in DTS and AC3 movies.
From which scenarios you need debug log?
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
Depends on the build.

Please read again what I told above. Sync Playback to Display will disable (!) Passthrough. As it needs to sync the audio to the video clock. So there won't be any DTS of any kind. If you enable AC3 Transcode, then all multichannel stuff is transcoded to AC3, but this will only have an effect the very moment PCM Output is set to 2.0 channels as we prefer PCM output and there is no need to reencode if it can be output as PCM again.

So one TV, two results. First results: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2476257 everything is fine including DTS and AC3.

So post me a log with the PCM hack build.
Speakers: 2.0
DTS: Enabled
AC3: Enabled
AC3-Transcoding: Enabled
Sync Playback to Display: Disabled.

what works and what not?

Something else: For Live Content PT (Transcode in combination with 2.0 pcm output will transcode) will be disabled by VideoPlayer (!) - so don't test with LiveTV, but local samples.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-12-11, 23:07)fritsch Wrote: So post me a log with the PCM hack build.
Speakers: 2.0
DTS: Enabled
AC3: Enabled
AC3-Transcoding: Enabled
Sync Playback to Display: Disabled.

what works and what not?

Something else: For Live Content PT (Transcode in combination with 2.0 pcm output will transcode) will be disabled by VideoPlayer (!) - so don't test with LiveTV, but local samples.

DTS works, AC3 not. When playing AC3, then no audio is in speakers. Only playing local (NAS) video files.

Link
So then. Curious on other people results. For now: 1 works, one not.
I know that PCM hack works for me for both, AC3 and DTS, because I am constantly comparing to SPMC, which gives me both possibilities. I knew it would not work for @mpiet for some reason as it also did not work for him in Jarvis/SPMC. Probably his AVR does not like the PCM packaging for DTS.

I still don't know whether I like the change or not, even though it solves the problem for me. I think we could put some preassure on manufacturers once Krypton is released. But I can also understand that people are not satisfied and you neither because of the nagging. But all they see is that it once worked and is now broken. So I am torn a bit back and forth...
(2016-12-12, 08:38)CiNcH Wrote: I know that PCM hack works for me for both, AC3 and DTS, because I am constantly comparing to SPMC, which gives me both possibilities. I knew it would not work for @mpiet for some reason as it also did not work for him in Jarvis/SPMC. Probably his AVR does not like the PCM packaging for DTS.

You think my receiver can not decode DTS playing over spmc? I am thinking to by a new used DD AVR, probably Sony STR-DN840. Mainly because of 2 reasons:
1. I want to power up my TV and the AVR must power up automatically
2. I want to use the TV remote to change the AVR speaker volume.
Then i will connect the AVR via HDMI ARC
Quote:You think my receiver can not decode DTS playing over spmc?
I think it can't handle the PCM hack which is what SPMC does in IEC Passthrough mode and what latest test build by @fritch does.
(2016-12-12, 08:53)CiNcH Wrote: I think it can't handle the PCM hack which is what SPMC does in IEC Passthrough mode and what latest test build by @fritch does.

I will look faster to get an new AVR. I hope this will be the third reason to get a new one.
(2016-12-12, 08:53)CiNcH Wrote:
Quote:You think my receiver can not decode DTS playing over spmc?
I think it can't handle the PCM hack which is what SPMC does in IEC Passthrough mode and what latest test build by @fritch does.

Please verify. @mpiet please check if it's a bitrates problem. I posted low rate samples somewhere here.
(2016-12-12, 09:31)fritsch Wrote: Please verify. @mpiet please check if it's a bitrates problem. I posted low rate samples somewhere here.

I think i found them in post "Realtime convert DTS to Dolby digital 5.1?"
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=290439&page=3

http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/samples/result-640.ac3
http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/samples/result-384.ac3

I will test it later on your release (http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk).
Should i also test it on SPMC 16.5.2 (2016/12/11)?
Not! This release, please. Use the one with hogfan in name.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
(2016-12-12, 11:07)fritsch Wrote: Not! This release, please. Use the one with hogfan in name.

Of course, i posted a wrong release. The hogfan release is already installed.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony AndroidTV KD-55XD8005 no DolbyDigital AC3 output1