• 1(current)
Sony AndroidTV KD-55XD8005 no DolbyDigital AC3 output
Hello,
i got a Sony Android TV and i installed the Kodi app from play store. My AVR is connected via optical out (S/PDIF) with the TV. When i play movies with DTS, the passthrough is working and my AVR can decode the audio signal. But when i play movies with DD AC3, i have no audio output. I tried all available options. My AVR shows: DolbyDigital2/0 and i can hear nothing.
The tv is running android 6.0.1, and official release of Kodi 16.1 "Jarvis"

When i play Netflix movies with DD AC3, the audio output works OK, also when i use the Sony own videoplayer app for the same video files, DTS and DD AC3 works fine.

Can somebody give me some hints? Should i create i log-file?
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
Yesterday i created a debug file.
After starting the mkv file, my AVR shows DD 3/2 decoding, but without any audio.

The logfile is available here:
Link
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
Jarvis uses a deprecated forced PCM/16 pseudo passthrough - retry with v17. It uses what your OS version allows in the way it wants it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch, thank you for your support. I installed Kodi 17 beta 6, but the video playback hangs at beginning. An there is no audio tone at dts and dd movies. I created a log file
Link
My TV has some strange audio settings and i am not sure, which i should use to get DD and DTS via Kodi.

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4

Which options should i use?
Your sample with AC3 is 640kbps with which the MediaTek driver might still have problems. Such samples also don't play with my Lollipop based Sony in Kodi Krypton.

In case of DTS, the Sony finally seems to provide the respective capability under Marshmallow, but the API fails according to the log.

Seems like Passthrough in the Sony Marshmallow images is still severely broken, thanks to bad MediaTek drivers.
Use this workaround:

1) Use the build I provide with 384000 AC3
2) Enable Sync Playback to Display (yes) <- this will disable all passthrough but has a special handling when AC3 Transcoding is enabled.
3) Enable AC3 and AC3 Transcoding
4) Set Number of speakers to 2.0

This way _everything_ including AC3 input will be transcoded to this lower quality AC3 and you can output it on this shitty Sony. Furthermore it uses the DisplayClock to perfectly sync video.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-12-05, 11:18)fritsch Wrote: Use this workaround:
1) Use the build I provide with 384000 AC3

Where can i find this build?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=290439&page=4
If I remember correctly, 448kbps AC3 would also work.
Do you hear the difference? Or will there come the next shitty device that only does 384? :-)
I never tried Wink .

Both issues are now in my Sony Bug Tracker though.

To people... don't buy Sony and return it while you still can!
Impressive. Now do the following: Put it on a website and twitter it with @koditv and include sony we will retweet it, which will have massive impact.
I neither have a website where I can put it nor am I using Twitter. If somebody wants to do that, feel free to use my tracker for whatever purpose.
I will try later the new build.
@CiNcH, what else should we buy? Runing with Android, in 55", with twin tripple tuner? And at about 1000Euro?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony AndroidTV KD-55XD8005 no DolbyDigital AC3 output1