[REQUEST] Hulu (hulu.com) plugin or script
Hey all. You do know about PlayOn, right? If not, check it out at http://www.themediamall.com/playon. I use it on my Linux XBMC setup and it works great! Only drawback is that PlayOn will only run on Windows.
PlayOn... Of course I have heard of it but I would not pay for it. Especially when boxee is free and it supports hulu and netflix. Also I do not use windows at home...

So NO PlayOn is not an options.

Anyway I dont see why soo many people are in love with playon... Boxee supports netflix much better... PlayOn only does your personal list where boxee you can pick new releases and suggested movies... much better in my mind.

Ok sorry for ranting... but I do not No see the big appeal PlayOn. Why would I want another computer running in my house. I am trying to slim back and only have my linux file server and my linux desktop... dont want to have to run another machine just for this windows only software... Sad

Have a great day,
SoBBie
super_sobbie Wrote:PlayOn... Of course I have heard of it but I would not pay for it. Especially when boxee is free and it supports hulu and netflix. Also I do not use windows at home...

So NO PlayOn is not an options.

Anyway I dont see why soo many people are in love with playon... Boxee supports netflix much better... PlayOn only does your personal list where boxee you can pick new releases and suggested movies... much better in my mind.

Ok sorry for ranting... but I do not No see the big appeal PlayOn. Why would I want another computer running in my house. I am trying to slim back and only have my linux file server and my linux desktop... dont want to have to run another machine just for this windows only software... Sad

Have a great day,
SoBBie
+1. It sure would be nice if the Boxee code could be utilized.
Fact of the matter is that they've somehow integrated flash into Boxee for Hulu. If flash is based on proprietary license, then the code integrating it can't be used for XBMC.

Work on scripting an interface can be undertaken... it just might be incredibly complicated, though, in order to simulate the flash app that plays the video.

EDIT: Thank God that python is the scripting framework...
A plugin has been created Hulu Plugin 0.1
Nice job on the plugin. Works as advertised. It's a great start.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Hulu (hulu.com) plugin or script1