[REQUEST] Hulu (hulu.com) plugin or script
I would love to be able to watch to Hulu on my xbox!!! This would be another awesome feature!
lightx Wrote:I would love to be able to watch to Hulu on my xbox!!! This would be another awesome feature!

did you even read the thread?
it isn't possible at the moment.
It looks like it will be shortly.
Xbmc is in the process of adding experimental rtmp support.

Once that is done, the gates of Agartha open.

Do a search for Rtmp.
So does this mean the a Hulu plugin could now be a possibility?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32114&page=3
A Hulu plugin would be glorious on so many levels. Seriously WOW!
Hulu is great when they put on videos you really like. That is why I use a nice program called Orbit Flash Video Grabber. It will find the .flv file after the video is loaded and let you download the Hulu videos. It usually takes me about 30-45 minutes to download a movie, then I just play it off my PC onto to xbmc. I have probably downloaded 15 movies and dozens of TV shows off there since it started. By the way the flash video grabber is free and even takes out all of those annoying Hulu commercials!
I use another similar program, and I recommend using the DVDPlayer to play them in XBMC. If you use mplayer, the sound is not synced, even if you change the audio delay, within seconds its not synced and you really cant fast forward. If you select it to play with DVDPlayer it will be synced and although it lags a bit to catch up when fast forwarding or rewinding once it does it is still synced,
jess
My Blog
Fused0ne Wrote:I use another similar program, and I recommend using the DVDPlayer to play them in XBMC.
What is the "another similar program" you use? And, when you say you recommend using DVDPlayer to play "them" what "them" do you mean?

Quote:If you use mplayer, the sound is not synced, even if you change the audio delay, within seconds its not synced and you really cant fast forward. If you select it to play with DVDPlayer it will be synced and although it lags a bit to catch up when fast forwarding or rewinding once it does it is still synced,

I thought mplayer is the dvd player. How do you select "DVDPlayer" to play a video differently than how you would normally play a video?

Thanks in advance for any clarification... Smile
Quote:How do you select "DVDPlayer" to play a video differently than how you would normally play a video?

Highlight a video, open the context menu, select "play using..."
is this something that anyone is working on? I would love to see this available...
If you're willing to have a PC act as the intermediary between Hulu and XBMC, this is now possible. Check out my post on a different thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post212042

Granted it's not a plugin, as much as a piece of software that turns hulu, youtube, and (will eventually turn) netflix into a uPNP server. But from the end-user perspective, it's pretty elegant. Still has a few bugs to work out, but I was pretty impressed when I was messing around with it last night.

For those not wanting to read the other post, it's called PlayOn media and available at:

http://www.themediamall.com/playon
It's also a non-free windows only solution. I would rather go without, thanks.
Would be great to somehow get hulu working for linux im sure there is a way
I can read thanks. It still would be an awesome feature ... !
Alright, thanks to the 2 new patches from frosty - the last patch isnt merged yet.
Rtmp streaming is very possible and working well on xbox. BBc iplayer -= works and so does southpark studios rtmp streams. Lets play with Hulu, eh ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Hulu (hulu.com) plugin or script1