• 38(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
Howto test:

Set readbufferfactor to 32
Increase internal cache to cache everything (500 MB or something)
Change the above value in NFS

and measure the throughput with iftop or something when filling that cache. For me it nearly increases linearly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0117: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.9.4 #1 Wed Jan 18 00:27:05 GMT 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jan 14 2017 13:03:37
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version ddb0018638eb8803bbb8f6dda5c39cff4995b3fb (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170118002524-#0117-g9e705dd [Build #0117]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:1f12c2f). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (9e705dd0, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (bd6be8c1, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Bump e2fsprogs and populatefs
  2. Restore caching for slow plugins
  3. Default to CONFIG_TCP_CONG_BBR (TEST)
  4. Disable ADSP support
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • config: set to devel (PR:1183, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • e2fsprogs: update to 1.43.3 (PR:1154, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • populatefs: update to version 1.0 (PR:1155, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • Crash on view current playlist with many items Ticket #17188 (PR:11475, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [StringUtils] Fix SecondsToTimeString() for negative values (PR:11360, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cmake] add PythonSwig.cpp.template to DEPNDS in python_binding (PR:11460, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cleanup] remove leftover from autotools (PR:11481, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • unify library node names (PR:11424, 1 commit, 12 files changed)
  3. peripheral.joystick:
    • Update NES30 buttonmap for latest firmware (PR:77, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Add PS2 converter buttonmap (PR:72, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • Fix trailing spaces and travis CI (PR:100, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Fix tvg-shift=0 (PR:99, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  5. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
  6. kernel 4.9.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • BCM270X_DT: Enable UART0 on CM3 (9c6c45f9)
      • config: Add CONFIG_MD_M25P80 and CONFIG_MD_SPI_NOR (8fab2eee)
      • ARM64/DWC_OTG: Port dwc_otg driver to ARM64 (17560026)
      • ARM64: Round-Robin dispatch IRQs between CPUs. (719ef48c)
      • ARM64: Enable DWC_OTG Driver In ARM64 Build Config(bcmrpi3_defconfig) (37545add)
      • ARM64: Use dwc_otg driver by default for USB. (8b0be887)
  7. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] df42b034: linux: Default to CONFIG_TCP_CONG_BBR (TEST)
    • Added: [env] PR:1186: kodi: update to Kodi 18 alpha 1
    • Added: [env] PR:1187: e2fsprogs: make e2fsprogs bumpable
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi,

I'm seeing the weirdest thing with recent test builds on RPi3, while watching TV. Not sure if it applies to other video types.

It's as if there are two thin horizontal rectangles near the bottom on the screen where the part of the picture showing in them has been swapped.

Not sure if this means there is a problem with my Pi, or with my SD card, or maybe a bug. In case it matters, I'm using MediaPortal for TV.

Happy to provide screenshots and logs, but just wondered if anyone had ever seen anything like this before.

Best wishes,

Mark
(2017-01-18, 10:59)mcelliott Wrote: Happy to provide screenshots and logs, but just wondered if anyone had ever seen anything like this before.

I've not heard of this. Post a screenshot and log.
Assuming this is a recent problem then identifying the first build with the problem would be useful.

Might be worth testing if disabling/enabling deinterlace has an effect.
Also try with omxplayer enabled. omxplayer disabled, mmal enabled. omxplayer and mmal disabled and report which have the effect.
(2017-01-17, 15:09)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 14:21)mm00 Wrote: Thank for your answer! I found the cause. When the "Adjust display refresh rate" Kodi option is off, the UI is fine. When I change it to "on start/stop" or to "Always" the UI seems overscale like on my photo.

I can't tell you when this bug popped up, as I might changed this settings some weeks ago to "Always" and I haven't noticed instantly the overscale, so I was not able to pair this bug to that specific settings.

This still sounds like more of an issue with the way your TV is configured - can you confirm that it is in pixel 1:1 mode and is not automatically zooming the display?

I have the same issue on Kodi 17 RC3 on Windows
(2017-01-18, 14:37)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-01-18, 10:59)mcelliott Wrote: Happy to provide screenshots and logs, but just wondered if anyone had ever seen anything like this before.

I've not heard of this. Post a screenshot and log.
Assuming this is a recent problem then identifying the first build with the problem would be useful.

Might be worth testing if disabling/enabling deinterlace has an effect.
Also try with omxplayer enabled. omxplayer disabled, mmal enabled. omxplayer and mmal disabled and report which have the effect.

Okay, I reverted to

LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-Milhouse-20161216042927-#1215-g7ab3814

and the problem has gone.

It is there by

LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-Milhouse-20161221212724-#1221-g2fc648a

so this narrows it down quite a bit. Do you have any suggestions which will help focus my testing?

At least it doesn't seem like there is anything wrong with my RPi3. I'll do more testing and try to narrow it down to one build. Then I'll post before and after logs and screenshots.

The problem doesn't happen with mp4 videos, but it does happen with MPG2 in TV. I haven't tried the same MPG2 files in the videos plugin, but I will test.

Here is a link to a screenshot. Let me know if you can't access it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbeif2maqtcsw2...2.png?dl=0

Best wishes,

Mark
I'll be taking a short break from builds while my ADSL is disconnected due to building work - it should be reconnected by Monday.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I read that thumbnail extraction was broken sometime ago. Is this still the case or is it supposed to work again now? I have tv series entries that do not show any thumbnail since a few builds, am on build 117 atm.

Aaand I just noticed that the time displayed is off.. it shows 4:33 while it should show 21:03, despite regional settings being correct.

Aaand it gets weirder.. on reboot the time is 4:17h... :O BTTF? ^^

Lastly, I noticed the date is set to Monday 16th January...
Okay, with regard to the weird video problem, here is the link to the screenshot again. I've circled the problem. It isn't that obvious in a static image, but it's annoying to watch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbeif2maqtcsw2...2.png?dl=0

The first build to show this behaviour is 1221. 1220 is fine.

Here's a link to a log. Please let me know if this contains enough information. I'm not that good at interpreting the logs, but hopefully this helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e1i2b2tah16ly...3.zip?dl=0

At least now I've pinned this down to the one build that introduces the problem, I can do whatever testing you need.

Best wishes,

Mark
(2017-01-18, 21:58)nuwonda Wrote: I read that thumbnail extraction was broken sometime ago. Is this still the case or is it supposed to work again now? I have tv series entries that do not show any thumbnail since a few builds, am on build 117 atm.

Aaand I just noticed that the time displayed is off.. it shows 4:33 while it should show 21:03, despite regional settings being correct.

Yes, thumbnail extraction is not yet working.

As for your date/time issue, check the system date/time at the command line - are you getting the correct time from the internet?
Is the thumbnail thing sth pi specific? Or just disabled?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-01-19, 07:36)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-01-18, 21:58)nuwonda Wrote: I read that thumbnail extraction was broken sometime ago. Is this still the case or is it supposed to work again now? I have tv series entries that do not show any thumbnail since a few builds, am on build 117 atm.

Yes, thumbnail extraction is not yet working.

As for your date/time issue, check the system date/time at the command line - are you getting the correct time from the internet?

yeah, date/time this morning works fine. Must have been the timeserver... never had that before.
(2017-01-19, 08:06)fritsch Wrote: Is the thumbnail thing sth pi specific? Or just disabled?

It was broken in the adaptation to ffmpeg 3.2 we are testing.
Not debugged it yet to find out exactly where it is broken.
Did you pick fernets decode rewrite with it?
(2017-01-19, 17:16)fritsch Wrote: Did you pick fernets decode rewrite with it?

I've cherry picked some. See PR93 for fix.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24