• 56(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
For now everything looks good. in the previous builds (#0202, #0203) were still crashes in #0204 works well as far.

Thanks Milhouse and ksooo !
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2017-02-02, 08:53)ksooo Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 23:57)raptorjr Wrote: Got a crash with #0131 watching a PVR recording.

http://sprunge.us/cRSg

Only this, working fine afterwards.

I know about this crash and I'm working on a fix. It's a really old one, I've seen it first months ago, but it's very difficult to reproduce.

fyi, I fixed this for Krypton 17.1 and 18
(2017-02-05, 12:11)Aux_ Wrote: For now everything looks good. in the previous builds (#0202, #0203) were still crashes in #0204 works well as far.

Thanks Milhouse !

Cool. Thanks for reporting back. So I can go ahead and merge the fix soon (for 17.1 and 18).
Sending commands to TV via cec still doesn't work very well.
I'm trying to switch off my Samsung TV via "echo "standby 0" | cec-client -s -d 1 ".
In #0202 it works - but only sometimes. In #0204 never. The connection of the TV remote-controller to kodi always gets lost after the command. After a reboot the remote works as usual.
Maybe i didn't understand the cec-commands correctly. Is there a way to reconnect the TV remote to kodi again without rebooting?
(2017-02-05, 13:39)RappaSan Wrote: Sending commands to TV via cec still doesn't work very well.
I'm trying to switch off my Samsung TV via "echo "standby 0" | cec-client -s -d 1 ".
In #0202 it works - but only sometimes. In #0204 never. The connection of the TV remote-controller to kodi always gets lost after the command. After a reboot the remote works as usual.
Maybe i didn't understand the cec-commands correctly. Is there a way to reconnect the TV remote to kodi again without rebooting?

Are you running these commands with kodi running? I think that is not supported - only a single cec client is supported.
Does this work better with a previous build?

Does #0204 work any better when adding "hdmi_debug=1" to config.txt?
Why such a paucity of information in the new info bar? No bitrate or frequency output. Like was before. Bitrate don't particularly need, but the frequency output I would be glad to know, because not always use autorefresh. My tv itself can't show it. Also with music. Flac is 44, 48 or 96?
Thanks.
This is a little off topic, but I just finished setting up Alexa to control Libreelec. It is very cool and supplements remote control with CEC.

https://github.com/m0ngr31/kodi-alexa

**EDIT**

Regarding CEC, it is interesting that if I initiate play with "Alexa ask Kodi play music by RUSH", Kodi (PLAY) will not switch on the TV or Receiver. If I do the equivalent operation from the iPhone app, the TV and Receiver come on. To get the system ready to play music, using Alexa, I start with a "Alexa ask Kodi to REBOOT". Rebooting results in Kodi turning on the TV and Receiver.

This is especially odd since the iPhone App and Alexa connect the same way, through the HTTP port.

There seems to be no end to CEC oddities. I am beginning to wonder how much of this is the limitations in CEC standard.
#204 tv remote not working after kodi dimmed, need to use phone remote once then tv remote works again.
Happened when I switched away from KODI hdmi as source and switched back to KODI hdmi later on AV Receiver.
(2017-02-05, 19:02)nuwonda Wrote: #204 tv remote not working after kodi dimmed, need to use phone remote once then tv remote works again.
Happened when I switched away from KODI hdmi as source and switched back to KODI hdmi later on AV Receiver.

I don't use dim, but I do notice that if I go to the Samsung TV settings menu and back to KODI, I loose the CEC connection. Changing sources back and forth restores it. Some of this may be beyond Kodi's control (no pun intended).
(2017-02-05, 19:26)bill_orange Wrote:
(2017-02-05, 19:02)nuwonda Wrote: #204 tv remote not working after kodi dimmed, need to use phone remote once then tv remote works again.

I don't use dim, but I do notice that if I go to the Samsung TV settings menu and back to KODI, I loose the CEC connection. Changing sources back and forth restores it. Some of this may be beyond Kodi's control (no pun intended).

Works great on Pi2 and Rasp7" Display, Thank you
I'am using "PitsOff" Screen Saver instead of "Dim" to switch off/on the backlight, works fine.

There is one problem with the shut down Button in Kodi, the Display wont shut down and the backlight is still on.
Is there any solution out ther?
(2017-02-05, 20:02)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-02-05, 19:26)bill_orange Wrote:

No change in behavior from build 0125 to build 0204 with "hdmi_debug=1". I suspect that we are bumping up against the limitations of CEC control. These issues are annoyances that do not significantly affect the usability of the program.

A short time after reloading build 0204 after testing build 0125 Kodi crashed and restarted. Since this only happened once, I am not sure if it means anything but here are the logs:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmXKqAwyCrbxhqQ-stVe_OID55b68Q
niwa2 Wrote:Has anything changed regarding ISO playback within the last month or so?
I was on 0224 and I believe ISO playback started much quicker than today. For example the same ISO used to start in under 10 seconds and now it takes over 30s for the same movie to start.

@niwa2 - you reported this long ago - are you still testing these builds? How long does it take to open the same ISO now?
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0205: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.9.8 #1 Sun Feb 5 22:01:56 GMT 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  3 2017 17:32:26
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 12dfe2223aa88c5d7ce0e701e9fb7746914decc3 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170205220050-#0205-g7d91f2e [Build #0205]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:d829753). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (7d91f2e1, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (e21ca9b6, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Run kodi with jemalloc
  2. PR:1281: fix lirc cross-compilation and non-working left/right keys
  3. [games] Implement in-game saves
  4. Fix queueing .strm and .pls music files
  5. libnfs update
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • linux: update to linux-4.9.8 (PR:1278, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
    • busybox: cleanup getedid script (7d91f2e1)
  2. XBMC:
    • Add the missing bits to fully add details to a video ListItem (PR:11418, 9 commits, 8 files changed)
    • [games] Implement in-game saves (PR:11380, 2 commits, 10 files changed)
    • Fix queueing .strm and .pls music files (PR:11175, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. libnfs:
    • Allow passing void* buffers, and make write buffers const (PR:166, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • init: move static to beginning of declaration (PR:167, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. pvr.hts:
    • 4.0.7: fixed duplicate 'prevent duplicate episodes' timer settings values (PR:283, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] compare: jemalloc: add package
    • Added: [env] PR:1281: fix lirc cross-compilation and non-working left/right keys
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I also still have CEC disconnecs when I switch source from kodi to Samsung TV (e.g using Youtube from Samsung Smart Hub) and then back to kodi.
Though I am not sure if this is really a problem / bug?

1. from what I remember some one here mentioned, that he always had to reselect kodi as CEC device after using the remote for other things than controlling kodi and thought this to be normal
2. and since #0202 it now *is* possible for me to reselect kodi as source *without* having to reboot, what has been most annoying for me in previous builds.

I now am no longer sure if CEC functionality was ever designed to keep kodi as source all the time without having to tell the TV from time to time which exact device to control with the remote or if it was just coincidence in my case and I didn't notice this need before simply because I didn't use other devices but kodi with the remote for a really long time. But I think I didn't have to do these reconnects each time...

Should CEC work instantly after switching between sources without having to reselect kodi each time after another device has been controlled by the TV remote?Huh
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24