Kodi 18 - LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
MMXT Offline
I changed output latency to "max" a few times during my tests as well as the other options which you mention. I am pretty sure solely the resample quality setting is determining (at least for me and my setup: output via hdmi to Denon X1000 AVR).
Right after beginning to listen to the 300 Hz sample (44.1) I started to play with fixed output at various sample rates. I then switched everything back and if I get it right, if I set output to "optimized" it does no longer count, that I had set a samling rate limitation to the max of 192bit (simply because I was curious if my receiver would be able to handle it).
I generated the 300 Hz sinus file using an online generator, and my prime reason why I merged it with cox was because I was unsure if this web generated file would have an accurate sine wave and listened to the merged file a while on my laptop to ensure not the sine wave itself could produce bad distortions due to false beginning/ending. But it has been absolutely smooth playing.

What might be remarkable: I have deactivated audio passthrough because I am satisfied with libreelecs multichannel output and find it annoying if my AVR (slowly) switches between DTS, DD and so on.
But I also had gaps and clicks with passthrough and also with deactivated passthrough WITHOUT resample quality set to low as well as whatever else option (which I as user am aware of) without resample quality set to low.
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-06 22:31 by MMXT.)
find quote
popcornmix Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2017-02-06 22:29)MMXT Wrote:  But I also had gaps and clicks with passthrough and also with deactivated passthrough WITHOUT resample quality set to low as well as whatever else option (which I as user am aware of) without resample quality set to low.

Passthrough only applies to AC3 and DTS. mp3/wav/flac etc won't passthrough so that setting will have no effect.
find quote
MMXT Offline
Ah okay, good to know Smile

Edit: Without hdmi passthrough I had some audio drops while watching an episode of The Blacklist, so I reactivated hdmi passthrough. After watching series I once again tested gapless playback of the wav files as well as usual audio files and still experience seamless playback with resample quality set to low and gaps/clicks without this setting.
You already told me, hdmi passthrough option would not affect playback of mp3/wav/flac so this didn't surprise me, but I wanted to mention this for others who might have read that I temporarily had disabled hdmi passthrough.
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-06 23:49 by MMXT.)
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0206: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.9.8 #1 Mon Feb 6 23:10:36 GMT 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  3 2017 17:32:26
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 12dfe2223aa88c5d7ce0e701e9fb7746914decc3 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170206230933-#0206-g5b258c7 [Build #0206]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:d829753). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (5b258c79, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (6f0d7b0f, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Drop jemalloc, switch to MALLOC_MMAP_THRESHOLD_=512KB
  2. Controller fixes
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • game add-ons update and cleanup (PR:1283, 111 commits, 130 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • cmake: fix handling of X11 (PR:11611, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • Controller cleanup (PR:11621, 3 commits, 7 files changed)
    • Fix analog sticks (PR:11616, 3 commits, 17 files changed)
    • [PVR] Fix trac17246 - another approach (PR:11615, 4 commits, 5 files changed)
    • Have the JSON handler sent a custom CEvent to the slideshow class (PR:11613, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. peripheral.joystick:
    • Improvements to button mapping (PR:84, 2 commits, 7 files changed)
  4. pvr.mythtv:
    • 4.3.1 (PR:62, 4 commits, 12 files changed)
    • update README (c68b7ab5)
    • add new setting 'livetv_recordings' (93124590)
    • get/set setting 'livetv_recordings' (dc0198f9)
    • show/hide livetv recordings (7ff47571)
    • add translations en,fr for setting 30067 (269f64f2)
  5. kernel 4.9.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • gpio_mem: Remove unnecessary dev_info output (#1830) (f9249189)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: temp: set MALLOC_MMAP_THRESHOLD to 512KB for all platforms

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Weekly Linux 4.10-rc7 build #0206x: RPi / RPi2

Same as #0206, but without media_build extensions (not compatible with this kernel).

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
find quote
haliz Offline
Hi All,

I am a newbie regarding raspberry and kodi and played with the multimedia capabilities and think it's great! Smile
Now i go with next step, trying to see online streaming tv channels using tvheadend and need help with installing tvheadend with build #0205:

The issue is that nothing happens (actually screen goes back to menu) when i click on "install" button. It's both tvheadend 4.0 and 4.2 that has the problem. Tvheadend power package seems to install and run without problem.

Thanks in advance..
find quote
mcelliott Offline
Fan
(2017-02-07 11:09)haliz Wrote:  Hi All,

I am a newbie regarding raspberry and kodi and played with the multimedia capabilities and think it's great! Smile
Now i go with next step, trying to see online streaming tv channels using tvheadend and need help with installing tvheadend with build #0205:

The issue is that nothing happens (actually screen goes back to menu) when i click on "install" button. It's both tvheadend 4.0 and 4.2 that has the problem. Tvheadend power package seems to install and run without problem.

Thanks in advance..

1. TVHeadend is not for viewing online streaming channels (unless I am seriously mistaken).

2. These builds are produced so that the community can help with testing and provide feedback on new features and bug fixes. If you are new, I'd suggest sticking with the latest release for a while.
find quote
haliz Offline
(2017-02-07 11:23)mcelliott Wrote:  1. TVHeadend is not for viewing online streaming channels (unless I am seriously mistaken).

2. These builds are produced so that the community can help with testing and provide feedback on new features and bug fixes. If you are new, I'd suggest sticking with the latest release for a while.

mcelliott - thanks for the reply.

1) Ok, maybe i misunderstood what could be done with tvheadend.

2) You are right about this one Smile
find quote
popcornmix Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2017-02-07 11:23)mcelliott Wrote:  1. TVHeadend is not for viewing online streaming channels (unless I am seriously mistaken).

Actually it can. E.g. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258091
But that is a rather unusual set up for tvheadend, and discussion of how to set that up would be better in a tvheadend forum than here.
find quote
Skynet010 Offline
Hi Guys,
I have the following problem with the Retroplayer and hope for your help.

Have on my RP3 the last Testbuild (206), the ZachMorris repository and the IARL Addon installed.

As far as everything goes. If I want to start a game, however, the message "This game is not compatible with any available emulators". The emulator is still missing ...

Can remind me of an earlier version that a missing emulator was installed by "LibreElec Retroplayer Addons". If I look manually in the repositories and go to "LibreElec Retroplayer Addons", the message "Die Verbindung zum Repository kann nicht hergestellt werden" (The connection to the repository can not be established).

Is the Respoitory offline or is it at my system?
And if the Repo is offline, is there a way to install the emulator or core itself?

I hope one knows what I mean and can help me ... thank you ever.

Rejected my bad english. Google German to English translation.
find quote
raptorjr Offline
Fan
Noticed a problem with #206.
Was watching a recording with pvr.mythtv. Was expecting it to ask to delete the recording at the end, a new feature introduced a few builds ago. But I never got the question.

Instead, when playing the recording again, the first thing that happens when the recording is started I get a question if I want to delete the episode. I answer No, and move to the end of the recording to see what happens there. When the recording is done it does not exit, it just freeze whole Kodi and the only thing to do is to reboot the Pi.

Debug log here: http://sprunge.us/eAMO
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
@raptorjr is this with stock Estuary? Which is the last build that prompts correctly?

find quote
deuteragenie Offline
Today I paid close attention to CEC behavior when switching from Samsung Smart Hub:
1. Samsung Smart Hub is on and "used"
2. Select Kodi as source
3. -> At this point nothing happens, until 4.
4. Press a CEC key
5. Kodi / CEC are "activated"

I think that when selecting Kodi as source (step 2.), one would expect Kodi (and CEC!) to be activated.
Maybe it is a bug, or maybe a shortcoming of CEC or "select source" that cannot be overcome?
find quote
raptorjr Offline
Fan
@Milhouse Yes this is stock Estuary.

I have done some more investigation.

If the episode is marked as unwatched, recording exit playback as it should. Although not asking to delete the episode.
If episode is marked as watched, the question to delete the episode appears when playback starts. And the recording does not exit at the end, just freeze Kodi and need to reboot.

Tried #202 and it had the same problem. Don't know when the delete recording at end feature was added? Maybe this bug has always been there? Haven't used this function before.
find quote
niedi_74 Offline
good evening,

i want inform you guys that the pctv452 patch is not working ... just test it with the last version 205/206 ....

test it on new setup with the LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.95.2.img and its working fine and got /dev/dvb ...

after upgrade to the milhouse its not appear anymore

http://sprunge.us/MGOU

cheers

niedi
find quote