• 60(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-02-08, 10:05)RappaSan Wrote: Still the same cec problem with switching the tv off via cronjob. The last version that worked (mostly) was #0113. Tested all versions up to #0207.
But: after switching off Kodi didn't react on TV remote commands anymore until rebooting. When rebooting the TV always switches to "on". That's annoying.
Nevertheless: Milhouse version of Kodi is still my favourite one...

Running a cron job to use cecclient while kodi is running is just not going to work.
Perhaps doing a "systemctl stop kodi" before doing your cecclient commands will work better.
(2017-02-08, 12:55)guldfisken1982 Wrote: I grab the log file after updating to 205
but I can not upload zip files through here

Upload it to Dropbox/Google drive/Microsoft drive etc. Paste the link.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-02-08, 13:31)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 10:05)RappaSan Wrote: Still the same cec problem with switching the tv off via cronjob. The last version that worked (mostly) was #0113. Tested all versions up to #0207.
But: after switching off Kodi didn't react on TV remote commands anymore until rebooting. When rebooting the TV always switches to "on". That's annoying.
Nevertheless: Milhouse version of Kodi is still my favourite one...

Running a cron job to use cecclient while kodi is running is just not going to work.
Perhaps doing a "systemctl stop kodi" before doing your cecclient commands will work better.
OK, but when i restart Kodi the TV also restarts. Is there any way to prevent TV from starting?
And by the way: In #113 it's possible...
(2017-02-08, 14:58)RappaSan Wrote: And by the way: In #113 it's possible...

And #114 isn't? That doesn't seem likely as there were no CEC related changes in #114.
Is it possible to re-initialize the cec-connection between TV and Rpi/Kodi via command?
@popcornmix:In 114 it isn't possible.
(2017-02-08, 04:51)Milhouse Wrote: Have you turned your TV off at the mains for 30 seconds, and then tested with #0206+ again?

I (yet) did not test with #0207, but of course I tried unplugging my TV from mains a lot. You (or @popcornmix) told us to unplug TV from mains a while ago, and since then I unplugged TV from mains any single time after I tested a new build. But this never worked for me. (it did not help for the builds with broken CEC, so weather I unplugged TV from mains or not, didn't cause anything for me)

Well, sometimes when I read people are using cronjobs to shutdown their TV's via certain CEC commands, I doubt, all of us have the same opinion, what it means, if CEC is working (not meant to be offensive at all, I also do many things using cronjobs and daemons, e.g. my AVR doesn't switch into standby if no audio is played, so I have to turn off AVR using a script cURL'ing http-requests every few minutes)

Nonetheless when I myself am reporting "CEC working fine for me" I mean, TV remote is completely usable for me for kodi on the one hand and for my smart tv's menues on the other hand without all this "need to permanently reselect kodi"-stuff. Nothing more.
And *this* is working absolutely satisfying now for me.
I uploaded a short video, so everybody who is interested can see, HOW I prefer my remote to work. It's just 1:55, so you may wish to take a look at.
This is taken from build #0206 and of course I solely use the TV's remote to control Samsung Smarthub and libreelec and no attached keyboard and things like that (which can be seen by the remote-signal-indicating red flashing LED at the bottom right edge of my Samsung TV btw)

Video is with German userinterfaces, so here is a short description:
In this video I start navigating through libreelec's menues for a while. Then I press the smarthub button on my Samsung remote, select Amazon Prime and use my remote to navigate through Amazon Prime menues for a while. Then I terminate Amazon Prime and instantly navigate through libreelec's menues again. Right after this I press the source key on my remote, select "TV" as source (which causes a "no signal" message for me, because I don't have sat/cable connected to this TV) and finally select libreelec again (TV recognizes this as my AVR because I switch hdmi sources via AVR) and am able to use remote with libreelec again.

Video: Video showing working CEC without need to reselect CEC device

I think this is what almost everybody wants when talking about "working CEC" with Samsung TV's, isn't it?

@nick_w I read your private message but for some unknown reason I cannot answer via private message. Thank you for telling me about Samsung's CEC issues and updating. I didn't update my TV since Octobre 2016 and CEC is working for me as shown in the video. I NOW updated the TV, just because I am aware of a new update since your private message, but I did this AFTER CEC already was working fine for me.

Edit: Of course I tested powering the TV off and on as well, and this also works now without CEC issues. I didn't show this in the video, because I do not want everybody to see my private email address which my Samsung TV is displaying when powered on and logging into Samsung services.
(2017-02-08, 14:51)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 12:55)guldfisken1982 Wrote: I grab the log file after updating to 205
but I can not upload zip files through here

Upload it to Dropbox/Google drive/Microsoft drive etc. Paste the link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3cf4b...2xCUS1mUWM
(2017-02-08, 16:58)guldfisken1982 Wrote: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3cf4b...2xCUS1mUWM
Thanks for the logs!

You have a local copy of [email protected] file, dated Jan 12th in /storage/.config/system.d that's now interfering with the recent lirc changes. Just remove it and you should be fine again.

so long,

Hias
(2017-02-08, 20:02)HiassofT Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 16:58)guldfisken1982 Wrote: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3cf4b...2xCUS1mUWM
Thanks for the logs!

You have a local copy of [email protected] file, dated Jan 12th in /storage/.config/system.d that's now interfering with the recent lirc changes. Just remove it and you should be fine again.

so long,

Hias

thanks.
can you tell me how I go about it?
How do I determine the file?
(2017-02-08, 20:15)guldfisken1982 Wrote: can you tell me how I go about it?
On the shell type
Code:
rm /storage/.config/system.d/[email protected]

But if you don't have much experience with this better do a completely fresh install with the LibreELEC Installer.
Or do a hard reset via kodi settings->libreelec settings "Reset LibreELEC to defaults"

so long,

Hias
(2017-02-08, 15:58)MMXT Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 04:51)Milhouse Wrote: Have you turned your TV off at the mains for 30 seconds, and then tested with #0206+ again?

I (yet) did not test with #0207, but of course I tried unplugging my TV from mains a lot. You (or @popcornmix) told us to unplug TV from mains a while ago, and since then I unplugged TV from mains any single time after I tested a new build. But this never worked for me. (it did not help for the builds with broken CEC, so weather I unplugged TV from mains or not, didn't cause anything for me)

Well, sometimes when I read people are using cronjobs to shutdown their TV's via certain CEC commands, I doubt, all of us have the same opinion, what it means, if CEC is working (not meant to be offensive at all, I also do many things using cronjobs and daemons, e.g. my AVR doesn't switch into standby if no audio is played, so I have to turn off AVR using a script cURL'ing http-requests every few minutes)

Nonetheless when I myself am reporting "CEC working fine for me" I mean, TV remote is completely usable for me for kodi on the one hand and for my smart tv's menues on the other hand without all this "need to permanently reselect kodi"-stuff. Nothing more.
And *this* is working absolutely satisfying now for me.
I uploaded a short video, so everybody who is interested can see, HOW I prefer my remote to work. It's just 1:55, so you may wish to take a look at.
This is taken from build #0206 and of course I solely use the TV's remote to control Samsung Smarthub and libreelec and no attached keyboard and things like that (which can be seen by the remote-signal-indicating red flashing LED at the bottom right edge of my Samsung TV btw)

Video is with German userinterfaces, so here is a short description:
In this video I start navigating through libreelec's menues for a while. Then I press the smarthub button on my Samsung remote, select Amazon Prime and use my remote to navigate through Amazon Prime menues for a while. Then I terminate Amazon Prime and instantly navigate through libreelec's menues again. Right after this I press the source key on my remote, select "TV" as source (which causes a "no signal" message for me, because I don't have sat/cable connected to this TV) and finally select libreelec again (TV recognizes this as my AVR because I switch hdmi sources via AVR) and am able to use remote with libreelec again.

Video: Video showing working CEC without need to reselect CEC device

I think this is what almost everybody wants when talking about "working CEC" with Samsung TV's, isn't it?

@nick_w I read your private message but for some unknown reason I cannot answer via private message. Thank you for telling me about Samsung's CEC issues and updating. I didn't update my TV since Octobre 2016 and CEC is working for me as shown in the video. I NOW updated the TV, just because I am aware of a new update since your private message, but I did this AFTER CEC already was working fine for me.

Edit: Of course I tested powering the TV off and on as well, and this also works now without CEC issues. I didn't show this in the video, because I do not want everybody to see my private email address which my Samsung TV is displaying when powered on and logging into Samsung services.

I also seem fine on CEC control with an Onkyo media center and a Samsung TV.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0208: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.9.8 #1 Wed Feb 8 21:04:56 GMT 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  3 2017 17:32:26
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 12dfe2223aa88c5d7ce0e701e9fb7746914decc3 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170208210352-#0208-gd46b7ca [Build #0208]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:4c792db). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (d46b7ca4, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (c265c6b8, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Estuary fixes
  2. Increase Python processing period when videoplayer is not active
  3. PR:1295: lirc: simplify scripts
  4. PR:11163: Fix silent failure when game add-on can't be installed
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • add reworked retroplayer add-ons script (PR:1294, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
    • kodi: remove aarch64 patches that have been merged upstream (PR:1297, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • tvheadend: remove addon for 4.0 (PR:1233, 1 commit, 14 files changed)
    • net-snmp: initial addon (3e00e3b8)
  2. XBMC:
    • Remove AEDefines_override.h (PR:11636, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • support for image decoder add-ons (PR:11086, 4 commits, 35 files changed)
    • [xbmc][improvement][docs] Add missing documentation to appmessenger and IMessageTarget (PR:11531, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [skins] show video indicator in slideshow window (PR:11525, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [Estuary] fixes (PR:11482, 1 commit, 11 files changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Application: Add decay before python door closes (7066e497)
      • Application: Allow python door to open for up to 80ms (5d6c8abf)
    • Commits no longer in build:
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:1295: lirc: simplify scripts
    • Added: [pkg] PR:11163: Fix silent failure when game add-on can't be installed
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Please test add-ons with latest build.
Report if they are any faster and if you see any strange behaviour.
(2017-02-08, 20:27)HiassofT Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 20:15)guldfisken1982 Wrote: can you tell me how I go about it?
On the shell type
Code:
rm /storage/.config/system.d/[email protected]

But if you don't have much experience with this better do a completely fresh install with the LibreELEC Installer.
Or do a hard reset via kodi settings->libreelec settings "Reset LibreELEC to defaults"

so long,

Hias

Then I found the error.
It was because after I installed the latest LibreELEC-RPI2.arm-7.95.2.img.gz
Also I've been driving an old backup, so I got all my settings,Laugh it can not do, now does it all perfect thanks
Cec still doesn't work as was before. If you update cec setup in peripherals then link is lost till reboot. After rebooting, sometimes I have to reactivate cec link in source. That didn't happened few months ago. Connection never lost.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24