• 62(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
I've been running the latest builds on Pi2 and i have had very little problems. Received my new pi3 today, installed Libreelec from Noobs screen, updated to the latest version (0209) and have problem with installing add-on from zip. When i click the icon,nothing happens. I know this was working on the pi2 with version few days older. I ended up going to original build on noobs and was able to install add-ons from zip, updated to 0209 the add-ons are installed and working but i cannot install new ones. Anyone else having this problem?
Yes, me. You have to first click on "Addons", so that you are really on this screen and then click on the little packet icon in the top left and then choose install from zip.
That's quite weired, not just for you. I myself for example had to ask how to remove items from favorites and was told, I first have to click on "favorites" so that I am really on favorites screen and then pressing the context key will work to remove the items.

It is the same with the music playlist. You always have to be on the music screen first, until you are able to click to left to open the menu where you can choose to show the playlist.

I am not sure if this is really user friendly, but meanwhile I am used to it Smile
(2017-02-09, 22:03)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-02-09, 20:12)linkinsoldier Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 16:31)linkinsoldier Wrote: It looks beautiful (to me) but unfortunately it is not displayed on the homescreen (as for example the TV/pvr addons or the movies or the addons in general), but I first have to open the file section (and it looks like other screens with no data). I tried to get the first screen on the home screen... Can anybody help/pinpoint how to do this? I unfortunately wasn't able to find a way!

edit: might be interesting:: savegame works perfectly with a gameboy gsme for me! Thanks for adding the save game support!
Should I rather post this in the skin thread?

Ping @garbear

This should be enabled in main kodi settings

Code:
@xmlstarlet ed -L -u '/settings/section[@id="games"]/category[@id="gamesgeneral"]/group[@id=1]/setting[@id="gamesgeneral.enable"]/default' -v "true" "$_PATH-TO-BUILT-KODI"/usr/share/kodi/system/settings/settings.xml
(2017-02-09, 20:40)Sholander Wrote: On #0104 CEC is working OK, the same way as on 7.09.10 and 1130 but:
after the first change (after reboot) in CEC Settings the info "CEC configuration updated" appears, all subsequent setting changes are all saved and working, but there is no more "CEC configuration updated" info.
Ignore this. It is a kodi settings bug. You can only change CEC settings once per boot. You need to reboot if you want to change again.
Bug has been present in Kodi forever.

Quote:On #0113 (also on #0124 and on #0208 ) CEC is not working OK. After making the first change and exiting with OK, the info "CEC configuration updated" appears, and all changes are saved, but CEC does not work any more. Rebooting Pi brings it back to life.
This sounds like a regression that would be nice to get fixed. Let me produce a test firmware to narrow it down.
Hi Milhouse,

Can you see any changes between 0205 and 0206 that would cause high memory usage.
My pi3 sit around 50% with 0205, but within a couple of minutes with 0206-09 im the mid 80s, and things get slow.

Kind Regards

Bucky
(2017-02-10, 15:39)bmonster Wrote: Can you see any changes between 0205 and 0206 that would cause high memory usage.
My pi3 sit around 50% with 0205, but within a couple of minutes with 0206-09 im the mid 80s, and things get slow.
Presumably:
Code:
Drop jemalloc, switch to MALLOC_MMAP_THRESHOLD_=512KB

I didn't notice this. Anyone else seeing this issue?
Milhouse, is it possible to manually disable this setting o 0206 just to be sure this is the culprit.
(2017-02-10, 11:58)asavah Wrote:
(2017-02-09, 22:03)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-02-09, 20:12)linkinsoldier Wrote: Should I rather post this in the skin thread?

Ping @garbear

This should be enabled in main kodi settings

Code:
@xmlstarlet ed -L -u '/settings/section[@id="games"]/category[@id="gamesgeneral"]/group[@id=1]/setting[@id="gamesgeneral.enable"]/default' -v "true" "$_PATH-TO-BUILT-KODI"/usr/share/kodi/system/settings/settings.xml

Thank you for your help asavah and milhouse! Unfortunately I can't write garbear since I am a new user and it looks like i am not allowed to write PMs (yet). @Milhouse: If you want to keep this seperate, I will open a new thread but i dont want to spam anywhere in the forum.

@asavah: I tried your solution via putty, however it says sh: xmlstartled not found. When i try to nano the settings.xml and manually change the part in the default here to true, it tells me the file is read only (and sudo doesnt work on libreelec). Is it possible Milhouse needs to enable this in the build?

Code:
<section id="games" label="15016" help="35200">
    <category id="gamesgeneral" label="16000">
      <group id="1" label="35201">
        <setting id="gamesgeneral.enable" type="boolean">
          <visible>false</visible>
          <level>0</level>
          <default>false</default>
          <control type="toggle" />
        </setting>
@linksoldier
My solution won't work for you, it should be applied at build time, it's rather a hint for Milhouse,
the snippet I pasted actually toggles
Code:
<default>false</default>
to true.
@garbear mentioned about this in some thread in retroplayer subsection.

LE root filesystem is readonly and settings.xml can not be easily edited at runtime
(2017-02-10, 06:47)tonytoronto Wrote: I've been running the latest builds on Pi2 and i have had very little problems. Received my new pi3 today, installed Libreelec from Noobs screen, updated to the latest version (0209) and have problem with installing add-on from zip. When i click the icon,nothing happens. I know this was working on the pi2 with version few days older. I ended up going to original build on noobs and was able to install add-ons from zip, updated to 0209 the add-ons are installed and working but i cannot install new ones. Anyone else having this problem?

"Install from zip file" via the Add-ons home screen widget has always been broken in stock Estuary - nothing has changed with this recently.

You need to drill into Add-ons, navigate to the add-on browser ("box" icon) then click on "Install from zip file".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-02-10, 15:56)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 15:39)bmonster Wrote: Can you see any changes between 0205 and 0206 that would cause high memory usage.
Presumably:
Code:

Milhouse, is it possible to manually disable this setting o 0206 just to be sure this is the culprit.

The environment variable has no effect on RPi2 as it only affects 64-bit systems. With #0205 I did apply jemalloc to both 32-bit/64-bit systems (ie. it was applied to RPi/RPi2) but now with #0206 we have dropped jemalloc and switched to applying the environment variable but only for 64-bit systems. So as far as RPi/RPi2 is concerned #0204 and #0206 should be the same.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-02-10, 22:57)asavah Wrote: the snippet I pasted actually toggles
Code:
<default>false</default>
to true.

This just enables the Games menu (which would otherwise be be enabled by the Konami code) - it doesn't resolve the current issues with the Games menu (ie. nothing appearing).
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0210: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.9.9 #1 Fri Feb 10 21:13:12 GMT 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  8 2017 19:38:24
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version d61adb766e5712326bba636c81017fbac3b8419f (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170210211202-#0210-g2c59d7d [Build #0210]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:4c792db). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (2c59d7d4, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (958d4530, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.9.9 kernel
  2. add config scripts for RPi Wolfson/Cirrus Logic audio card
  3. Fix libnfs memory leak
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [controller dialog] Ignore delayed axes (PR:11641, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • explicitly pass rrefs for move semantics (PR:11650, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. libnfs:
    • Memory leak fixes and some tiny bits (PR:170, 4 commits, 2 files changed)
  3. peripheral.joystick:
    • Don't trim trailing space from joystick name (PR:85, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  4. pvr.hts:
    • Revert "[htsp v26] implement server based playcount and playposition" (PR:285, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
  5. kernel 4.9.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • irq-bcm2836: Avoid "Invalid trigger warning" (8b97175a)
      • sound: Demote deferral errors to INFO level (bac9ec6a)
      • sound: Suppress error message about deferrals (bc589fd7)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • Merge pull request #1810 from HiassofT/cirrus-rpi (a5204ea3)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:1313: add config scripts for RPi Wolfson/Cirrus Logic audio card
    • Added: [env] PR:1314: linux: update to linux-4.9.9
    • Added: [pkg] patch: alsa-lib: conf: Add card config for Intel HDMI/DP LPE audio (alsa-lib)
(2017-02-10, 23:30)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 15:56)popcornmix Wrote:
Presumably:
Code:

The environment variable has no effect on RPi2 as it only affects 64-bit systems. With #0205 I did apply jemalloc to both 32-bit/64-bit systems (ie. it was applied to RPi/RPi2) but now with #0206 we have dropped jemalloc and switched to applying the environment variable but only for 64-bit systems. So as far as RPi/RPi2 is concerned #0204 and #0206 should be the same.

Just tries 0204 on my rbp3 and im also seeing high memory usage, the same as 0206, within a couple of minutes its in the high 80s, and the system becomes really unresponsive.
But for some reason with 0205 it can be used all night and never goes above 50%, i will post some logs if you think theyll he!p.

Kind regards

Bucky
(2017-02-10, 23:36)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 22:57)asavah Wrote: the snippet I pasted actually toggles
Code:
<default>false</default>
to true.

This just enables the Games menu (which would otherwise be be enabled by the Konami code) - it doesn't resolve the current issues with the Games menu (ie. nothing appearing).

Thank you for the clarification - so i stop trying Smile
I had some RPis get fried on a wired lan connection, so I am changing everything over to wireless connections. (lightning through the DSL phone line, took out a bunch of network things, and has happened more than once)

I've have had some (studdering) issues with both audio and video, nothing major, but it does happen at times.

I read the kodi wiki on caching http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache but don't know how that really relates to the Rpi3 with it's limited amount of RAM. All my content comes from a local server, now also wireless...

Would this be acceptable and beneficial in advancedsettings.xml on a RPi3 running these nightly builds? I am assuming the Kodi 17 tag name changes apply to this v18 build as well?

Code:
<cache>
  <memorysize>31457280</memorysize>
  <buffermode>1</buffermode>
  <readfactor>4.0</readfactor>
</cache>

The studdering video causes artifacts, but the audio never drops out while watching a movie.

When playing just music from the file server, I do get drop outs, which is strange since MP3s are only a few MB, I'd have though the whole song would have been transferred and cached at once. Is there a way to cache/buffer music audio?
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24