• 97(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
Hi Milhouse,

Would enabling this be beneficial for Kodi in any way? https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...9&t=180420
(2017-04-15, 16:23)handbone Wrote: Hi Milhouse,

Would enabling this be beneficial for Kodi in any way? https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...9&t=180420

Maybe, maybe not.

It depends how much RAM you have spare when running Kodi (and any addons etc.). On a RPi2/RPi3 I'd imagine most people have more than enough free RAM to run Kodi comfortably so they won't see much if any benefit from the extra 16MB.

However, since it's available, there should be little harm in enabling it by adding "total_mem=1024" in /flash/config.txt

It's been supported for a while and I've had it enabled since it was available and not experienced any problems. However it currently remains disabled by default for the reasons outlined in your linked post.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-04-15, 16:23)handbone Wrote: Hi Milhouse,

This is the Fix?? In Build: Leia build #0322 Forum Linkor i am wrong?
Has anyone with Kodi doing PCM for audio any audible pops lately? It seems in the last few builds, maybe around the AE merge recently, I am hearing audio pops on files I didn't before. Mostly on files with audio channels >2.0 it seems.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0415: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.10.10 #1 Sat Apr 15 21:41:11 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr  4 2017 18:50:03
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3ca4cf4a663c5351eaec08b29d50d6e8324981b4 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170415214004-#0415-g0b6b07b [Build #0415]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:78cce57). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (0b6b07bd, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (bcbbc14d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. logging: always log skin name and version when loading
  2. paplayer: restore option for replaygain reduction as clipping protection
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • timezone-data: update to 2017b (PR:1519, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • projects/WeTek_Core: Fix kernel build after #1504 (PR:1533, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • mono: update to 4.8.1.0 (PR:1529, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • bcm2835 : deploy pkgconfig files as well (PR:1523, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [windows] DownloadBuildDeps: add parameters for target & native platform (PR:11966, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • FIX: [droid;leanback] Various fixes (PR:11970, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • logging: always log skin name and version when loading (PR:11973, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • paplayer: restore option for replaygain reduction as clipping protection (PR:11865, 2 commits, 8 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Reverted: [pkg] PR:11966: [windows] DownloadBuildDeps: add parameters for target & native platform (reason: breaks newclock5 build)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello @Milhouse,

Please find attached, crashlog for reboot that occurred while navigating Actors list - remote locked up and then it reboot.

http://sprunge.us/ETeQ
(2017-04-12, 21:54)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 17:13)-DH- Wrote: Just checked, it's fixed in #411 half the way. Wink Means, 3D iso playback still behaves like described above ... 3D MKV with MVC track works fine now.

I had a look and 3D ISOs looked okay here.
I did search through the code for incorrect use of "codec" rather than "codecpar" which was the change that fixed mkv playback,
and there were a few instances, so I've changed those.

Not sure if it will fix your problem, but try again with tonight's build and let us know.

Little more info on this 3D issue, checked with #415:

MMAL accel. enabled, OMX accel. disabled: 3D MKV/MVC works, 3D iso does not.
MMAL accel. disabled, OMX accel. enabled: 3D MKV/MVC works, 3D iso works.
(2017-04-16, 11:32)b1m1 Wrote: Hello @Milhouse,

Please find attached, crashlog for reboot that occurred while navigating Actors list - remote locked up and then it reboot.

Already fixed in #0410.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0416: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.10.10 #1 Sun Apr 16 21:13:32 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr  4 2017 18:50:03
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3ca4cf4a663c5351eaec08b29d50d6e8324981b4 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170416211227-#0416-g0b6b07b [Build #0416]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:78cce57). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (0b6b07bd, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (4d2479c1, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Fix EPG deadlock
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Reintroduce 'Delete' context menu entry for recording folders. (PR:11959, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [EPG] Guide window: Fix deadlock when switching grid views. (PR:11974, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
(2017-04-16, 20:08)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-04-16, 11:32)b1m1 Wrote: Hello @Milhouse,

Already fixed in #0410.

That's awesome, thank you.

Could I suggest that you implement the crashlog and kodi log "upload" as a standard alias or script so users just need to type a command to generate these, rather than having to create them or refer back to the forum. Also, Is there any reason why each different type gets loaded to a different website?

Thanks for all your work.
Yeah, some kind of auto-crashlog-upload and notify.
(2017-04-17, 03:45)b1m1 Wrote: Could I suggest that you implement the crashlog and kodi log "upload" as a standard alias or script so users just need to type a command to generate these, rather than having to create them or refer back to the forum.

I know what you're saying, but the problem as I see it is that if users can't remember the existing command(s) they're just as likely to forget the alias too.

I tell people to run:
Code:
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit
however that is only through force of habit - the simplest variation of the command is:
Code:
paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Just replace kodi.log with kodi_crash.log for a crash log.

(2017-04-17, 03:45)b1m1 Wrote: Also, Is there any reason why each different type gets loaded to a different website?

Each different type of... log? Not sure I follow. All logs uploaded via pastebinit are uploaded to sprunge.us. People can upload their logs wherever they like although I don't know why they wouldn't use pastebinit (unless it's offline).

What else is being uploaded to different websites?

(2017-04-17, 04:44)Xeno Wrote: Yeah, some kind of auto-crashlog-upload and notify.

Automatically uploading logs might result in spamming sprunge.us offline (DDOS). Smile
(2017-04-17, 07:04)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-04-17, 03:45)b1m1 Wrote: Could I suggest that you implement the crashlog and kodi log "upload" as a standard alias or script so users just need to type a command to generate these, rather than having to create them or refer back to the forum.

I know what you're saying, but the problem as I see it is that if users can't remember the existing command(s) they're just as likely to forget the alias too.

I tell people to run:
Code:
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit
however that is only through force of habit - the simplest variation of the command is:
Code:
paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Just replace kodi.log with kodi_crash.log for a crash log.

(2017-04-17, 03:45)b1m1 Wrote: Also, Is there any reason why each different type gets loaded to a different website?

Each different type of... log? Not sure I follow. All logs uploaded via pastebinit are uploaded to sprunge.us. People can upload their logs wherever they like although I don't know why they wouldn't use pastebinit (unless it's offline).

What else is being uploaded to different websites?

(2017-04-17, 04:44)Xeno Wrote: Yeah, some kind of auto-crashlog-upload and notify.

Automatically uploading logs might result in spamming sprunge.us offline (DDOS). Smile

That's great, thanks for the feedback. I am happy to used the "paste" command. I was confused about where these get uploaded. All clear now.
Tested with #414 and #416. If I try and install an addon (in this case TVheadend42 or Spotify Web Connect) it doesn't install when I click on Install, it just returns to the list of addons.

So I tried renaming .kodi and rebooting and it goes through the LibreElec setup but then when I try and select the LibreElec Add-ons repo (which contains those two addons) it says it can't be found.

I was able to install Watchdog from the Kodi Add-on repo

Log here https://pastebin.com/PycZ2Q0C
@doveman2 search button broken for you?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2560010
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24