• 115(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0511: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.11.0 #1 Thu May 11 21:06:04 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May  4 2017 16:00:32
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 809412fa5f5f7d88833e076d71dc329367441601 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170511210501-#0511-g1a5dca9 [Build #0511]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:61e98fd). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (1a5dca9f, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (45519783, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. [Linux] EGL split up and cleanup
  2. libnfs: more changes
  3. PR:1616: glibc: update to glibc-2.25
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • projects/imx6: use galcore v5 on linux 4.4 (PR:1620, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [network][windows] GetNameServers(): use GetAdaptersAddresses (PR:11995, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [settings] fix custom localization of setting labels/options (PR:12063, 1 commit, 9 files changed)
    • changed: always expand iso images in music window (PR:12004, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [PVR] Fix time_t db insertion (typecast time_t -> uint) (PR:12069, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [Linux] EGL split up and cleanup (PR:11986, 3 commits, 46 files changed)
    • Fix bookmark thumbnails creation when using amcodec (PR:12056, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • spelling: [API] GetMininumGameAPIVersion (PR:11993, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • [buildsteps][windows] optimize keeping of downloaded files (PR:12077, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
  3. libnfs:
    • Allow autoreconnect to be disabled (PR:213, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Use clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC_COARSE) if/when available (2db08783)
    • Document the new url argument to disable autoreconnect (0e37be03)
    • Provide documentation for autoreconnect option (ef8c67e8)
    • Merge branch 'issues-212' of https://github.com/earlchew/libnfs into earlchew-issues-212 (79d1dc5a)
  4. newclock5:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • add WINDOW_SYSTEM_RPI to WinSystem.h (ee29980f)
      • add rpi to windowing (0ccbb75e)
      • remove rpi from egl (3709b0de)
      • egl: don't build mmal (6ec86bb7)
      • treedata/rbpi: add windowing/rpi (5e2ed0d0)
      • add WinSystemRpiGLESContext.h to WindowingFactory.h (d10ca678)
      • add amlogic to windowing (38b1fd97)
      • remove amlogic from egl (a8b8362b)
      • add amlogic windowing functions to AMLUtils (60010968)
      • remove amlogic from egl/CMakeLists.txt (48b29781)
      • add WINDOW_SYSTEM_AML to WinSystem.h (34ce632d)
      • add WinSystemAmlogicGLESContext.h to WindowingFactory.h (59e8d521)
      • xbmc/windowing: add amlogic subdir (27c4b711)
      • windowing/android: append CMakeLists.txt (0b3b3088)
      • add android to windowing (ed420f8e)
      • add WinSystemAndroidGLESContext.h to WindowingFactory.h (a9f81b6f)
      • remove windowing/egl for android (bc4d9d0c)
      • remove android from egl/CMakeLists.txt (e75ee354)
      • XBMCApp.cpp: change egl to android (1fe97d26)
      • add imx to windowing (6a9adfb0)
      • add WINDOW_SYSTEM_IMX to WinSystem.h (11bd4c9f)
      • add WinSystemImxGLESContext.h to WindowingFactory.h (b26ddfa6)
      • remove windowing/egl (5d7750dc)
      • remove windowing/egl from subdirs.txt (88ce10b4)
      • xbmc/windowing: add imx subdir (34273f7c)
      • fix VideoSyncIMX (de97555d)
      • fixup! add rpi to windowing (da07ab14)
      • fixup! add amlogic to windowing (5337d244)
      • fixup! add imx to windowing (e3b1c786)
      • fixup: Change class to struct (5fd68289)
  5. kernel 4.11.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • dwcotg: Allow to build without FIQ on ARM64 (f84a32f8)
      • drm/vc4: Add a mode for using the closed firmware for display. (6b1dfcb1)
      • drm/vc4: Name the primary and cursor planes in fkms. (9e28ef64)
      • drm/vc4: Add DRM_DEBUG_ATOMIC for the insides of fkms. (9aad0d49)
      • drm/vc4: Fix sending of page flip completion events in FKMS mode. (f69343bd)
      • squash: vc4_firmware_kms fixups (2994b71f)
      • vc4_fkms: Apply firmware overscan offset to hardware cursor (4f1e2231)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:932: fix same missing dependencies
    • Added: [env] PR:1616: glibc: update to glibc-2.25
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi

Having blown the dust off my Pi 3 I have decided to try out these builds Smile

But could anyone help to remind me what was the name and source of the addon which would automagically tell me of the new build when it is available and download it for me to the Pi, I can't even remember the repo where I grabbed it from for the Pre-17 builds.

If, of course, there is one for these builds Smile

Thanks
^^^
Add-on I am currently using atm is https://github.com/LS80/script.libreelec.devupdater which I installed via Leopold's latest repository by downloading and installing http://addons.leopold.me.uk/repository.l...-3.0.0.zip

http://addons.leopold.me.uk/
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Hi,

Has the splash screen been removed, not an issue, im just curious.
My pi 3 shows the video, then its blank till kodi loads..started #0505 for me

Thanks Bucky
(2017-05-12, 21:20)bmonster Wrote: Hi,

Thanks Bucky

Not really noticing anything different here... and I've gone back to builds from Oct 2016 (#1001[2016]) while testing this.

In all cases, including #0505, the LE splash screen appears (for 2-3 seconds), the splash video plays normally (for 6 seconds), and then after the video ends Kodi shows a blank black screen for 8 seconds while it loads the GUI (timings from RPi3/arm_freq=1300). The only way to avoid/minimise the blank screen is to use a longer video... or for Kodi to start more quickly.

Might possibly skin related - for example, a lightweight skin might load more quickly (I'm testing with stock Estuary). Or maybe a change in #0505 (stats?) is slowing down the loading process enough to be noticeable (which I'm not seeing with stock Estuary, as this has always been slow).

If you're sure something has changed, can you upload a video with before/after #0505 showing what you are seeing?

Edit: added approximate timings, which don't appear to have changed since at least #0401.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-05-12, 19:10)MikeKL Wrote: ^^^
Add-on I am currently using atm is https://github.com/LS80/script.libreelec.devupdater which I installed via Leopold's latest repository by downloading and installing http://addons.leopold.me.uk/repository.l...-3.0.0.zip

http://addons.leopold.me.uk/

Thanks for that. I might need to use that if I figure out....

I had installed the latest build here and a working LE 8.01 and ran into issues, it would not recognise any Windows SMB shares.
I then hard reset it and started to add shares via the wired Ethernet connection. Again Windows SMB shares can't be seen nor added. Using the Media servers name or IP address is not helping.

Swapping the card over and going back to the LE 8.01 build and all is well with the Windows SMB shares being there and others can be added, as to what is seen on the network.

I will need to take a look at this again when I have a little time.
(2017-05-12, 22:13)Vimes Wrote: Thanks for that. I might need to use that if I figure out....

I had installed the latest build here and a working LE 8.01 and ran into issues, it would not recognise any Windows SMB shares.
I then hard reset it and started to add shares via the wired Ethernet connection. Again Windows SMB shares can't be seen nor added. Using the Media servers name or IP address is not helping.

Swapping the card over and going back to the LE 8.01 build and all is well with the Windows SMB shares being there and others can be added, as to what is seen on the network.

With these test builds, which currently use Samba4 and allow Samba to negotiate SMB3 connections in preference to SMB1, you might need to force SMB1 if your server is buggy or misconfigured and claims it supports SMB3 when it doesn't.

See: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2560049

Edit: SMB1 is a security risk. Just ask the NHS...
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0512: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.11.0 #1 Fri May 12 21:07:07 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May  4 2017 16:00:32
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 809412fa5f5f7d88833e076d71dc329367441601 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170512210603-#0512-g5144109 [Build #0512]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:61e98fd). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (5144109e, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (1f291fac, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New MusicDB schema v64
  2. [Music] Handle duplicate MusicBrainzTrackID within the same album
  3. libnfs fixes
  4. BCM270X_DT: Tidy up mmc, sdhost, sdio overlays
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • projects/imx6: use galcore v5 on linux 4.4 (PR:1620, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • fix same missing dependencies (PR:932, 2 commits, 15 files changed)
    • imx6/linux: limit ethernet speed to 100mbits which works reliable (PR:1617, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [Music] Handle duplicate MusicBrainzTrackID within the same album (PR:12079, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [depends] libcec: don't query git information (PR:12081, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [cleanup] remove unused fields, variables and enum (PR:12073, 5 commits, 11 files changed)
    • Joysticks: Fix iMON conflicts by allowing users to enable/disable interfaces (PR:11944, 2 commits, 14 files changed)
    • Sorting using artist sort name tags (#11738) (ac10c3d3)
    • [cosmetics] Copyright year update, xbmc.org to kodi.tv (#11976) (46a04aff)
  3. libnfs:
    • Fix crash on timed out mount-nfs calls. (PR:220, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Deliver poll(2) errors to callbacks when running the sync event loop (PR:219, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Only process pdus once when propagating cancellations or errors (PR:217, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
  4. peripheral.joystick:
    • Fix iMON conflicts by allowing settings to enable/disable interfaces (PR:98, 4 commits, 34 files changed)
  5. kernel 4.11.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • BCM270X_DT: Tidy up mmc, sdhost, sdio overlays (6c51de52)
(2017-05-12, 22:22)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-05-12, 22:13)Vimes Wrote: Thanks for that. I might need to use that if I figure out....

With these test builds, which currently use Samba4 and allow Samba to negotiate SMB3 connections in preference to SMB1, you might need to force SMB1 if your server is buggy or misconfigured and claims it supports SMB3 when it doesn't.

See: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2560049

Edit: SMB1 is a security risk. Just ask the NHS...

That gave me a very big clue, thanks.

I used an elevated command prompt on the Server to enable SMB 2 (does 3 as well) and added a reg entry and used a poweshell command to set the smbserverconfiguration. Rebooted and now I have shares Smile It does it from the name of the server as well, rather than from its IP address.
Still got things to sort tho to see how well it works Smile

At least there is progress...!
@popcornmix,

Is there any progress on the PVR tv channels recognised at first as audio?
Still on build 0502.
(2017-05-12, 22:01)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-05-12, 21:20)bmonster Wrote: Hi,

Thanks Bucky

Not really noticing anything different here... and I've gone back to builds from Oct 2016 (#1001[2016]) while testing this.

In all cases, including #0505, the LE splash screen appears (for 2-3 seconds), the splash video plays normally (for 6 seconds), and then after the video ends Kodi shows a blank black screen for 8 seconds while it loads the GUI (timings from RPi3/arm_freq=1300). The only way to avoid/minimise the blank screen is to use a longer video... or for Kodi to start more quickly.

Might possibly skin related - for example, a lightweight skin might load more quickly (I'm testing with stock Estuary). Or maybe a change in #0505 (stats?) is slowing down the loading process enough to be noticeable (which I'm not seeing with stock Estuary, as this has always been slow).

If you're sure something has changed, can you upload a video with before/after #0505 showing what you are seeing?

Edit: added approximate timings, which don't appear to have changed since at least #0401.

I will see if i can do a video to explain,
i get the le splash then video, and before 0505 i then used to get a kodi v18 L**** splash screen straight after the video, but thats gone..

Thanks
Ah right, I have the Kodi splash turned off with <splash>false</splash> in as.xml so I always see your post-#0505 behaviour with every build. I'll do some more tests with the kodi splash enabled.
(2017-05-13, 01:29)Milhouse Wrote: Ah right, I have the Kodi splash turned off with <splash>false</splash> in as.xml so I always see your post-#0505 behaviour with every build. I'll do some more tests with the kodi splash enabled.

Thank you.

You should see it display fine with 0504 and not with 0505 onwards.
I dont think its anything ive done, as everythings stock apart from iplayer and youtube and i dont use advanced settings.
Hi Milhouse,

Any update on Retroplayer being rebuilt?

Thanks
(2017-05-13, 01:54)bmonster Wrote:
(2017-05-13, 01:29)Milhouse Wrote: Ah right, I have the Kodi splash turned off with <splash>false</splash> in as.xml so I always see your post-#0505 behaviour with every build. I'll do some more tests with the kodi splash enabled.

Thank you.

You should see it display fine with 0504 and not with 0505 onwards.
I dont think its anything ive done, as everythings stock apart from iplayer and youtube and i dont use advanced settings.

OK I see the same different behaviour with #0504/#0505.

With #0505 (and /storage/.config/splash.disable ie no splash video), there is a period of blank black screen before the Kodi splash image appears (but only for a fraction of a second) and then immediately the Kodi GUI loads. With #0504, the Kodi splash appears seamlessly after the LE splash, and then remains visible for 2-3 seconds before the Kodi GUI loads. It's difficult to say if the the Kodi splash image is appearing if you have the splash video enabled, it probably is but only for a very brief period.

The only difference when showing the splash video is that the frame buffer (which is showing the LE splash image) is killed with "/sbin/fbset -g 1 1 1 1 32" *before* kodi.bin is started, while without the splash video the frame buffer is not killed until kodi is started (it's killed from within xbmc/Application.cpp).

So now, in #0505+, it appears as though the Kodi splash image may only be being rendered for one or two frames immediately before the main GUI is rendered.

@popcornmix could the "remove gui" commits be preventing the Kodi splash from being rendered correctly? There is no Kodi splash (or text) displayed during a database migration with #0505 (there is, with #0504), so it looks like the rendering of the splash and (also any text) is now a little broken since #0505.
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24