• 120(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-05-21, 01:38)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-05-20, 19:53)mcelliott Wrote:
(2017-05-20, 18:56)Milhouse Wrote: @mcelliot please provide your crashlog.

Please let me know if you can access this link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwo597f9gu9c41...9.zip?dl=0

Best wishes,

Mark

Unfortunately
Code:
Thread 1 (Thread 0x506943a0 (LWP 2549)):
#0  0x76f150bc in memset () from /usr/lib/libarmmem.so
#1  0x763831d0 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.57
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
isn't very revealing.

Can you try this debug-enabled build #0520z: RPi2 and post another crashlog (can you also enable debug logging and reboot before playing your file).

I've tested a dozen mp4 files here on an RPi3 with #0520 over smb:// (Windows 7 Ultimate PC, using "client max protocol=SMB3"), and no crashes, not that there were any smb-related changes between #0518 and #0519 so it shouldn't be a Samba issue if #0518 is working OK.

Do you experience a crash when playing the same mp4 files locally from SD card?

Hi. I haven't tried 0519. Because this system is my main family setup, I'm afraid that if I test a build and there are problems, I have to switch back to a working build VERY quickly or I get in trouble!

I'll try to do the testing you ask this afternoon.

Best,

Mark
Hey,

first of all, thanks for the great work, updated my RPi2 on LibreELEC with Kodi 18 Alpha #0520 and most works like a charm! Smile

But unfortunately I have a problem. When I try to install any Add-on from the "LibreELEC Retroplayer Add-ons" I get the error: "The dependency on kodi.game version 1.0.29 could not be satisfied"

Would be great if someone could help me with this problem. :-)
#0520 just keeps crashing on my rpi3 , cant even get a log it crashes that fast

cant even putty to it as i get disconnected as soon as it crashes also

will try going back to 0519 manually and see if it's the same as i went from 0518 straight to 0520
(2017-05-21, 14:38)CorTeX_at Wrote: Hey,

first of all, thanks for the great work, updated my RPi2 on LibreELEC with Kodi 18 Alpha #0520 and most works like a charm! Smile

But unfortunately I have a problem. When I try to install any Add-on from the "LibreELEC Retroplayer Add-ons" I get the error: "The dependency on kodi.game version 1.0.29 could not be satisfied"

Would be great if someone could help me with this problem. :-)
No game emulators until they're rebuilt which won't happen until the add-on changes in Kodi are complete. Until then the last version of these builds working with game emulates is probably #0428/#0429.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-05-21, 19:15)SharpCoder Wrote: #0520 just keeps crashing on my rpi3 , cant even get a log it crashes that fast

cant even putty to it as i get disconnected as soon as it crashes also

will try going back to 0519 manually and see if it's the same as i went from 0518 straight to 0520

Sounds odd, nothing in "journalctl -a"? No crashlog?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-05-21, 20:15)Milhouse Wrote: No game emulators until they're rebuilt which won't happen until the add-on changes in Kodi are complete. Until then the last version of these builds working with game emulates is probably #0428/#0429.

Thanks for the fast help.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0521: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.11.2 #1 Sun May 21 21:54:42 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 15 2017 17:01:07
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 9469ea3706e34c4de62f38a5008f69a429b4b43e (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170521215340-#0521-g0b589ed [Build #0521]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:61e98fd). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (0b589ed6, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (0ab00426, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.11.2 kernel
  2. PR:12145: SMBFile: Use 1MB chunks
  3. Remove SMB2 restriction from LE Samba Server (restoring SMB1 support)
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • Update kodi.txt.in - add libbluray2 (PR:12142, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [game] change to new addon to kodi callback way (PR:12133, 1 commit, 14 files changed)
    • [windows][uninstaller] set SetShellVarContext to current for removing $APPDATA\${APP_NAME} (PR:12140, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cmake] fix addon depends check if headers are in separate folders (PR:12132, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: some codecs have no extradata (PR:12139, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [python] fix ListItem being forced to be a video item after 27dc9a69 (PR:12137, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • platinum: Fix upnp:lastPlaybackPosition parsing (PR:12119, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: vaapi - temp disabled runtime check (80e67ba7)
  2. inputstream.adaptive:
  3. pvr.mythtv:
    • change to automatic depends set on addon.xml (PR:74, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
  4. kernel 4.11.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • config: Add FB_TFT_ST7789V module (103b0ca9)
      • config: Add CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_EDT_FT5X06 (1ac79745)
      • config: Add CONFIG_I2C_ROBOTFUZZ_OSIF (b3677456)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: imagedecoder.raw: update to imagedecoder.raw-33c1d1c
    • Added: [pkg] PR:12145: SMBFile: Use 1MB chunks
I am on build #519 currently and the Pi is not shown anymore in the Explorer under Network on Windows 10 and Windows 7 also. I can access the shares manually if I type \\LIBREELEC but before it appeared as LIBREELEC itself.

smb.conf (default)

[global]
preferred master = no
local master = no
domain master = no
client lanman auth = yes
lanman auth = yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536
lock directory = /storage/.smb/
name resolve order = bcast host
client max protocol = SMB3
@kkoa you're looking at the wrong config file - that's for the client. Try #0520 as this reverts the SMB2 restriction.
And Windows 10 only shows SMBv2 shares?
I don't use Windows 10, but this OS generally has all sorts of issues accessing Samba shares (regardless of SMB version) - search the web for various registry hacks that may improve the situation. The SMB2 restriction on connections to the LE Samba Server was added in #0515 (removed #0520), so try and determine when the issue started and see if it's related. I also don't know what version of these test builds you were using prior to #0519 as you failed to mention that.

Bear in mind that Samba can behave differently depending on which servers in your network are operating as the master browser - it's a quality piece of software design (sarcasm) - so what works today might not be working tomorrow. And if you change the configuration of a Samba server/client it's probably best to restart everything on your network, particularly anything running Windows.

Or use NFS, which just works. Smile
sorry, I haven't kept up2date in regards of known issues etc. I updated my PI1 (yes, I still use one) to #0520 the other day and noticed some issues with liveTV. F.e. when I start playback of a channel it first starts to buffer (which it didn't do in the previous build [unfortunately don't know which one I used]) and then won't play unless I switch the audio stream from AC3 to mpeg2. Passthrough is disabled, since my TV doesn't support AC3 or DTS, and since it's a PI1 I'm using omxplayer instead of dvdplayer/mmal for hw-decoding, as dvdplayer has more overhead. I have to admit that I haven't tested the behavior with dvdplayer yet, will do tonight. Just wanted to know if there are known issues before I start further investigation. Thanks.
@Milhouse 520 crash

Crashlog

Remote hang then crash at main menu
Just updated to the latest build 521 but, although I joined late to these builds, I have noted with the Official LibreELEC 8.0.1 the Pi3 when powered on switches on the TV and the TV goes to the HDMI input for the Pi3. When the Pi3 is powered off the TV goes into standby. This has always worked this way with no issues.

However with these builds when the Pi3 is powered on (Panasonic TV still in standby as typical) the TV powers on but goes to a DVB channel and not the HDMI input of the Pi3. So I manually switch the TV over and all is well. When the Pi3 is powered off the TV will go into standby.

Ths repeats.

Regardless of the CEC settings for the Pi3 the TV will only power itself on to a DVB channel and not a HDMI input that the Pi3 is on but only when using these tests builds.

Go back to the LibreELEC 8.0.1 and the TV will power on to the HDMI 1 channel of the PI3. If I move the Pi3 to any of the four HDMI inputs the TV will follow, but only with the 8.0,1 release.

The cable is not the issue as it works great with the 8.0.1 release but changing it makes no difference.

Not a big issue but just curious how the TV detects the HDMI input to power on but not switch to that input on these builds.

Just to add on the Official LibreELEC 8.01 the libCEC is version 4.0.2 and on these builds it is 4.0.1. Not sure if that makes a difference.
Both are set to switch the source to this device on startup, but only the 8.0.1 version will do that.
(2017-05-22, 10:45)Vimes Wrote: Not a big issue but just curious how the TV detects the HDMI input to power on but not switch to that input on these builds.

Are you using hdmi_edid_file in config.txt?

Basically the edid of the display contains its physical address which includes the hdmi port used.
If you were to capture an edid to file and then swap HDMI ports this would no longer be correct
and you may find kodi requests to switch to Pi's input actually go to another device.

The other obvious thing to try is swapping the hdmi inputs of Pi and DVB device.
Also powering off all HDMI connected devices from the mains for a minute can help force devices to forget state information about connections.
  • 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24