• 125(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-05-26, 23:51)Milhouse Wrote: [*]Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
  • Added: [pkg] PR:352: Fix: set wrong variable (libcec)
[/list]

Just updated to this release and I can confirm that the TV will not only switch on when the Pi3 is powered but now it switches to the correct HDMI channel where the Pi3 is fitted.

It works well Smile

Many thanks.
@Vimes great, I'll continue to include the Pulse-Eight PR until it is merged by @opdenkamp.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-05-27, 09:09)Vimes Wrote: Just updated to this release and I can confirm that the TV will not only switch on when the Pi3 is powered but now it switches to the correct HDMI channel where the Pi3 is fitted.

It works well Smile

Comment on PR:352 to show the PR was successful.
(2017-05-27, 10:04)Milhouse Wrote: @Vimes great, I'll continue to include the Pulse-Eight PR until it is merged by @opdenkamp.

Thanks, it works well Smile

Considering that opdenkamp has been absent since the start of April does it rely on him only to be able to merge that fix....?

(2017-05-27, 11:41)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-05-27, 09:09)Vimes Wrote: Just updated to this release and I can confirm that the TV will not only switch on when the Pi3 is powered but now it switches to the correct HDMI channel where the Pi3 is fitted.

It works well Smile

Comment on PR:352 to show the PR was successful.

I have commented now, sorry that I forgot to do that.
(2017-05-27, 12:01)Vimes Wrote: ... does it rely on him only to be able to merge that fix....?

No, every distro using libcec could integrate it by creating a patch for it(like Milhouse did for this version). But in general it is better if it is fixed upstream, so everyone benefits from it.

Edit: But to merge it upstream we rely on him.
(2017-05-27, 12:21)flubshi Wrote:
(2017-05-27, 12:01)Vimes Wrote: ... does it rely on him only to be able to merge that fix....?

No, every distro using libcec could integrate it by creating a patch for it(like Milhouse did for this version). But in general it is better if it is fixed upstream, so everyone benefits from it.

Edit: But to merge it upstream we rely on him.

Ah, thanks. Just replying and I noticed your edit. So to merge upstream would require him to do that.

Thanks for what you have done and for sharing it.

Great to have the TV switching to the correct input when the Pi powers on or when the TV is in standby and using the PI remote, which will then activate the TV.
Typically opdenkamp only responds sporadically to libcec issues.
Every few months there is a flurry of activity where issues get responded to and PRs get merged and then quiet again.

Not much can be done now except make sure there is enough evidence of the problem and the solution so it will get resolved next update.

It's up to Milhouse and LE and OSMC etc whether they carry fixes before they are merged by libcec.
(2017-05-27, 17:08)popcornmix Wrote: Typically opdenkamp only responds sporadically to libcec issues.
Every few months there is a flurry of activity where issues get responded to and PRs get merged and then quiet again.

Not much can be done now except make sure there is enough evidence of the problem and the solution so it will get resolved next update.

It's up to Milhouse and LE and OSMC etc whether they carry fixes before they are merged by libcec.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I wasn't sure of the typical process involved with how things get merged, and how often. At least the fix is there and in place, hopefully it will get merged when he sees how it has been resolved.
I now understand why it is important to comment on the fix being successful to add to the evidence of the solution fixing the problem.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0527: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.11.3 #1 Sat May 27 21:09:16 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 15 2017 17:01:07
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 9469ea3706e34c4de62f38a5008f69a429b4b43e (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170527210756-#0527-g856d624 [Build #0527]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:61e98fd). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (856d6246, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (423072a0, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. cmake changes
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [cmake] improve addon related version handling (PR:12172, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [cmake] platform changes (PR:12134, 1 commit, 27 files changed)
  2. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:1655: add intel_nuc_led control
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I have installed fresh 8.0.2 and updated to millhouse #0527 (RPI2)

I am trying to play jellyfish 1080p nevc 3mbps test files.
also tried
alps 1080p from here http://www.h265files.com/
and this 1080p liked from the kodi site https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-obtC...NrNkk/view

looks like h/w decoding isn't working
CPU maxed
player showing as ff-hevc-mmal (SW)

I guess I had assumed that the player would show as h/w accelerated.

what have I done wrong?
Hevc h265 8bit files are SW decoded on Pi; hardware decoding is not possible.

FYI, both above mentioned samples (alps & test1) play OK on slightly overclocked Pi3 with SW decoding. Test1 video is more processor demanding, all cores 60-80% as opposed to "alps" which plays with cores 20-40%.

I guess that you need to overclock your Pi2 to get hevc playback
(2017-05-28, 12:10)Sholander Wrote: Hevc h265 8bit files are SW decoded on Pi; hardware decoding is not possible.

I understand that Millhouse and popcornmix have made some great efforts to offload the decoding onto the GPU.
I'd like to test on my RPI2

Does it still show as the S/W player?
(2017-05-28, 12:23)fsman1967 Wrote: Does it still show as the S/W player?

Yes, because it's software decoding "assisted" by hardware.
Shows as "ff-hevc-mmal (SW)"
The addons from the "LibreELEC Retroplayer Add-ons" repository (the one using http://lrusak.libreelec.tv/addons/) no longer work in current nightly.
Is there some other repo with updated binary addons for Retroplayer? or any plan to rebuild the ones in that repo?
@Ferk http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2589482
  • 125(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24