Kodi 18 - LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
@SharpCoder: Can you test without any other software boot manager, and test only the standard LE disk image. It's difficult to know what firmware/overlays/kernel modules you have installed when using something like Berryboot (for this reason its use is discouraged).

NOOBS *is* a supported option, however while investigating this issue (that is not being seen by others) it would help to eliminate additional variables if you used the plain two partition disk image.

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
find quote
Sholander Offline
(2017-06-01 21:16)SharpCoder Wrote:  
(2017-06-01 20:25)Sholander Wrote:  
(2017-06-01 15:41)SharpCoder Wrote:  on enabling wifi, it crashes the entire pi3

this is on latest #0531

Not my Pi3 also on #531, works OK as before...

did you disable the wifi and then re-enable it and then putting in passphrase?

I disable/re-enable my (built in) WiFi adapter several times during the day (when playing h265 video) and it never asks me to put passphrase again, it just connects instantly to my router's WiFi...
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-02 01:32 by Sholander.)
find quote
fsman1967 Offline
Does Libreelec 8.0.2 have the same HEVC updates as the current millhouse builds. I noticed from the changelog that HEVC support has been updated.

Also, I have tried a [email protected] HEVC using 8.0.2 on Rpi3.

It plays smoothly, but CPUs are between 50-90% and causing the "tempurature warning icon" to display and cpu temp to reach 80C.

I am using a passive heatsink in a half open case.

I had hoped that the CPU would be a little lower and therefore avoid active cooling or maybe a FLIRC case.

If the millhouse builds have a different implemention of hevc than I guess I can retest.

Thoughts?
find quote
RappaSan Offline
Same thing here: No problems with wifi. Tried that abt. 10x.
find quote
popcornmix Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2017-06-02 13:19)fsman1967 Wrote:  Does Libreelec 8.0.2 have the same HEVC updates as the current millhouse builds. I noticed from the changelog that HEVC support has been updated.

Also, I have tried a [email protected] HEVC using 8.0.2 on Rpi3.

It plays smoothly, but CPUs are between 50-90% and causing the "tempurature warning icon" to display and cpu temp to reach 80C.

@milhouse builds have an additional optimisation that improves performance when the overlays are blank (i.e. no subtitles or OSD visible), but otherwise they are currently the same.

You can add "avoid_warnings=1" if you just want to avoid seeing the temperature warning.
But a better heatsink solution would be the best option. The flirc (or kodi) case is very good for this.
find quote
ManiacKill Offline
Hello popcornmix,

Is there already something new about Amazon and Netflix? Is it already possible?
find quote
popcornmix Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2017-06-02 16:38)ManiacKill Wrote:  Is there already something new about Amazon and Netflix? Is it already possible?

Not yet.
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0602: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.11.3 #1 Fri Jun 2 21:05:12 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 30 2017 15:27:20
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version b8cdd5ae76f39d9f353dfa8fb48bf7e33b74903c (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170602210407-#0602-gc6a4377 [Build #0602]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:423072a). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (c6a43777, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (c8da3706, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. HEVC improvement
    popcornmix Wrote:I've pushed an hevc update. A couple of small optimisations that each improve jellyfish by about 2% (although can help other streams by more)
  2. [addons] next binary addon gui interface step
  3. Revert SIGTERM change (for now)
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [addons] next binary addon gui interface step (PR:12208, 1 commit, 10 files changed)
    • Stop application on SIGINT and SIGTERM (PR:12207, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • X11 Cleanup (PR:12196, 5 commits, 22 files changed)
    • [TexturePacker] Silence warnings (PR:12201, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [cleanup] silence compiler warnings (PR:12194, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [Fix]Merge album type and label correctly (PR:12216, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fix in-tree add-on build environment (PR:12218, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • ffmpeg: hevc: Update to latest version (18d5673c)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Reverted: [env] PR:12207: Stop application on SIGINT and SIGTERM (reason: need to test/accomodate LE version)

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
find quote
smp1 Online
@Milhouse
How do I properly build an image using the scripts and config files included in a .tar file? I'm just trying to build an image identical to your latest build with all newclock5 patches and stuff.
I tried building with "PROFILE=pi2 ./autobuild.sh" command but the resulting image is not fully functional (HEVC doesn't work) and Kodi is an older version from current LE master...
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
@smp1 should work, presumably something went wrong when packaging kodi if not building with latest Kodi. Assuming you have the latest oebuild.tar.gz and have followed the steps here then it should just work (and build the "latest" version). I update oebuild.tar.gz after each public build and currently it should match the contents of #0602 as far as scripts and config is concerned.

If you really want to build a specific version from a tar file then you need to run the "config/reset.sh" script you'll find within the tar as this will prepare your LibreELEC repo to build using the exact same commits and packages - however this is really only useful/necessary when trying to reproduce a build issue (and generally requires a good understanding of the build scripts/build system so not something I'd recommend).

If you didn't set a github username and password/personal access token then you may be exceeding the github hourly rate limit.

Beyond that I can't really comment without seeing your build log (post a link to the file called "log") as that will help me to understand what went wrong.

(This post was last modified: 2017-06-03 05:10 by Milhouse.)
find quote
smp1 Online
Here's what I did:
mkdir ~/projects
cd ~/projects
git clone https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
then copy the scripts into ~/projects
then run "PROFILE=pi2 ./autobuild.sh"

Here's the log https://pastebin.com/qFQzbsfB
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-03 06:41 by smp1.)
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
@smp1 you've missed the final command from the "build steps":
Code:
mv build.conf.sample build.conf
Everyone seems to miss that. I thought I'd already added a sane default for OE_KODI_VER, however reviewing that code I now realise the default will only be set if build.conf exists (which isn't very useful). I've corrected that error and pushed a new oebuild.tar.gz (the fix is in "functions") so pull the new oebuild.tar.gz and/or create build.conf.

find quote
CygnusHyoga Offline
Hi milhouse!

I've update shadertoy visualization from the lastest version:

http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/addo...lhouse.zip

The config dialog is still not working, i've tried to enable RANDOM visualization from setting.xml from .kodi/userdata/addon_data/visualization.shadertoy

<settings>
<setting id="lastactiveidx" value="0" />
<setting id="lastfilehash" value="0" />
<setting id="lastpresetidx" value="5" />
<setting id="random" value="1" />
<setting id="randomise" value="true" />
</settings>

Any help on how to entable the random value from settings.xml?

Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-03 10:28 by CygnusHyoga.)
find quote
friedensstifter Offline
Hi,

i've updated to Version #530 a few days ago.
But now i've got a Problem with Audio Upscaling. Since Update Kodi ignores Upscaling Settings to 5.1 wich worked perfect before.
Has there anything changed? (i was on an older Versionabout #320 if i remember right)

Thanks for your help Smile
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2017-06-03 10:27)CygnusHyoga Wrote:  Hi milhouse!

I've update shadertoy visualization from the lastest version:

http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/addo...lhouse.zip

The config dialog is still not working, i've tried to enable RANDOM visualization from setting.xml from .kodi/userdata/addon_data/visualization.shadertoy

I don't see a way to select a random preset at all. I think this comes via Kodi rather than the add-on itself - there's a VIS_ACTION_RANDOM_PRESET message that the addon handles but I've no idea how that is configured.

As far as config settings are concerned, there are none - this is all there is:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings>
    <setting id="lastpresetidx" type="integer" default="0" visible="false" />
</settings>
and that setting is hidden from the user.

find quote