• 145(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
The log was stuffed full of banned addons (wiki) so isn't eligible for support here anyway. It's now in the bin.

The best solution would be restarting a brand new install.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you all 4 your help, didn´t know i´m using banned addons Wink
Yes - that emoji - very fitting ... oh man
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Is there an issue with building kodi at the moment?
Yes, no build for Saturday night.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
my post gets autodeleted?!
Yes. Find them in the Garbage bin. You can find the garbage bin at the bottom of the forum main page
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Not auto deleted. Done manually with finesse and care as they violate our forum rules (wiki) on piracy and banned addons (wiki).

Any device such as yours which contains them is not eligible for support here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for the info. Pardon and sorry for the noise.
Any idea what causes the spinning icon and the message "Preparing" on the top right when first booted.?
Sometimes mine will keep doing that and if I try to play something it will then freeze.
(2017-06-26, 21:27)Vimes Wrote: Any idea what causes the spinning icon and the message "Preparing" on the top right when first booted.?
Sometimes mine will keep doing that and if I try to play something it will then freeze.

Is it this? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2588614 (also see my reply in the next post).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0626: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.11.7 #1 Mon Jun 26 21:07:46 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jun 26 2017 17:19:37
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 431e1ed6e291705a1a6bfcd62082170e7fafd122 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170626210643-#0626-g7710554 [Build #0626]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:423072a). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (77105540, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (eea53e61, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. New 4.11.7 kernel
  3. Bump to 3.3.2-Leia-Alpha-1 (in kodi18a1 latest updates)
  4. [peripheral] change addon interface to new C++ style
  5. Drop inputstream.rtmp until it is compatible with latest Kodi master
  6. PR:1726: [WIP] lirc: update to 0.10.0
  7. VideoPlayer/MMAL updates
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Jun 26):
    • firmware: imx219: Extend line length for long frame times
    • firmware: 2ndstage: Improve i2c_gpio support
    • firmware: i2c_gpio: Improve implementation and usage
    • firmware: Camplus: Enable RAW12 support in the ISP input formatter
    • firmware: scalerlib: Don't flip tiled format and swap R/B
    • firmware: arm_display: Provide mechanism to request tiled format framebuffer. See: link
    • firmware: platform: Set BT LPO frequency to 32768Hz. See: link
  2. LibreELEC.tv:
    • fuse: don't run /usr/sbin/update-rc.d on install (PR:1718, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • openssl: update to openssl-1.0.2l (PR:1713, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • spotify-connect-web: remove addon (PR:1721, 1 commit, 9 files changed)
    • activate swap for all projects (PR:1717, 2 commits, 8 files changed)
    • mpd: update to 0.20.9 (PR:1722, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • tvheadend42: update to 4.2.2-75 (PR:1724, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • librespot: initial addon (PR:1676, 5 commits, 15 files changed)
    • intel-ucode: update to 20170511 (PR:1729, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • FIX: [amc] proper VP6 mime (fixes #17511) (PR:12349, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cleanup] Remove HAS_VIDEO_PLAYBACK nonsense. (PR:12346, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
    • [settings] add "masking" to "path" type (PR:12348, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [peripheral] change addon interface to new C++ style (PR:12333, 3 commits, 25 files changed)
    • [depends] - fixes for tvos (PR:12355, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • FFmpeg: Bump to 3.3.2-Leia-Alpha-1 (PR:12358, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [ios/ios64] - bump xcode and sdk to fix ios64 compilation (PR:12298, 3 commits, 1 file changed)
    • Fix MakeShortenPath (PR:12359, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • apple: code cosmetics, remove white spaces (PR:12364, 1 commit, 19 files changed)
    • [addons/settings] fix loading scraper settings from the database (PR:12360, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • start killing PlatformDefs (PR:12353, 4 commits, 29 files changed)
    • Avoid incorrectly matching years in mini-series titles during TV enumeration matching (PR:12344, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [GUI] Optimize InfoBools / additions / fixes for gui:Confusedmartredraw (PR12213) (0de583a5)
    • Addonvideocodec Implementation (#12340) (66233da3)
  4. inputstream.adaptive:
  5. peripheral.joystick:
    • Change to new C++ based addon interface style (PR:112, 1 commit, 61 files changed)
  6. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer: have platforms register their laform specific codecs into factory (86fbb144)
      • VideoPlayer: make AddonVideoCodec compile - fix me (ca7e8bcb)
      • VideoPlayer: vaapi - factor out egl interop (89b2447f)
      • VideoPlayer: vdpau - add register codec (d742045a)
      • X11: register vdpau and vaapi (41e14a5f)
      • MMAL: Register HW codecs from windowing (91966374)
      • MMAL: Add hevc support by allowing 4 planes (509a19f0)
      • MMAL: Pool should be created with unknown encoding type (ca659ccc)
    • Updated commits in this build:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • MMALRender: Allow advanced deinterlace with software decode (ea962bea)
      • VideoBuffers: Allow 4 planes (466a3d00)
      • MMAL: Add hevc support (a2dd5ddb)
  7. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: inputstream.rtmp: disable outdated addons that no longer build
    • Added: [env] PR:1726: [WIP] lirc: update to 0.10.0
(2017-06-27, 00:51)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-06-26, 21:27)Vimes Wrote: Any idea what causes the spinning icon and the message "Preparing" on the top right when first booted.?

Is it this? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2588614 (also see my reply in the next post).

It could well be, thanks for the pointer.

It has been happening for a little while and perhaps since the SMB changes. When I see this message....

I *think* that I am ok as it will wait until my media server is awake and then scan for media changes. I have always used, and need to use, the Advanced Wake on Lan addon. It will ping, with magic packets, my media server and it in turn will then wake from sleep. Then the media is available to scan.

This shows that the server has been woken and the library scan can start....

The above has always worked.

I got the screen shot today as that shows the "Preparing....0%" message. I am aware that when the issue I describe happens it will show "Preparing" with the spinning circle - the "....0%" is missing. Whilst that is showing I can access the menu and shut it down. If I do not do that it will freeze when trying to play anything.

I have now unticked the option to update the library at start up, perhaps that will help.

It is only since I have seen this as a pattern of behaviour, not consistent as yet, that I thought of raising the issue just to try and get an idea as to what could generate that message. I only have a few basic addons but still I wanted to eliminate those.
Great work, so far everything works very well except CEC gui
Is there any hope that the CEC settings will work again?

Thanx @ LE team
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
@Aux_ It will need a Kodi developer to look at it, maybe @opdenkamp as it's in the CEC settings code - perhaps the CEC settings don't agree with the new Settings Library methods. It might also be a Kodi Setting Library bug that is being triggered by perfectly good CEC settings code. You might want to open a ticket on trac.kodi.tv.
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24