• 158(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-07-11, 17:06)Aux_ Wrote: Again occasionally PVR crashes when switching between the channel's

http://sprunge.us/ZdhH
http://sprunge.us/PCQJ

Can you disable the spectrum visualisation and check if crash still occurs?
(2017-07-11, 19:22)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-07-11, 17:06)Aux_ Wrote: Again occasionally PVR crashes when switching between the channel's

http://sprunge.us/ZdhH
http://sprunge.us/PCQJ

Can you disable the spectrum visualisation and check if crash still occurs?

Hi popcornmix,

I have disabled the spectrum visualisation, I restart the RPi, start the first channel from the channel list, unfortunately kodi immediately crash...

http://sprunge.us/GZfH

EDIT:
I use sat> ip for DVB-S over Panasonic TV and sat> ip DVB-C by Fritz.Box router. Does this have to do with it?
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
I have the RPi 3 and the newest updates ( amazon VOB + 0710 ).
It doesn't make an differenz if I have the resutions ( both ) ant max or 720, I got heavy lags in an Amazon prime video.

When i enable the omxplayer hardware acceleration and the mmal, I get an green screen in amazon.
Without omx and with mmal: lag.
Without omx and without mmal: lag.
With omx and without mmal: green.

What is my mistake?
Maybe your Internet connection? Working fine here with 707 and Amazon vod
(2017-07-11, 21:35)linkinsoldier Wrote: Maybe your Internet connection? Working fine here with 707 and Amazon vod

With the xbox One next to the RPi 3 ( same router and wired ) it works fine.

btw.: I sill miss the .rar support.
With my TP-Link TL-WN822N WiFi dongle I can't connect now. It discovers available networks but stays in association mode for quite long and returns an error "Network Error: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote App"

After trying to connect, the wired connection stops working as well if there is a cable attached, causing the system to freeze when trying to stream / download / upload anything.

Logs
(2017-07-11, 22:13)donnied Wrote: With my TP-Link TL-WN822N WiFi dongle I can't connect now. It discovers available networks but stays in association mode for quite long and returns an error "Network Error: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote App"

After trying to connect, the wired connection stops working as well if there is a cable attached, causing the system to freeze when trying to stream / download / upload anything.

Logs

When did it last work? I don't think anything has changed in recent builds with respect to this Atheros hardware (other than the addition of the firmware it required).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-07-11, 21:06)Aux_ Wrote: I have disabled the spectrum visualisation, I restart the RPi, start the first channel from the channel list, unfortunately kodi immediately crash...

The crash is occurring here:
Code:
#0  0x65206af0 in kodi::addon::CAddonBase::ADDONBASE_Destroy() () from /storage/.kodi/addons/visualization.spectrum/visualization.spectrum.so.2.0.1
so it looks like spectrum visualisation is enabled. If you play music do you see a visualisation and does it crash?
Can you try going to my add-ons and disabling visualisation.spectrum from there?
(2017-07-11, 22:24)Milhouse Wrote: When did it last work? I don't think anything has changed in recent builds with respect to this Atheros hardware (other than the addition of the firmware it required).

The last time we were talking I just checked if it was discovering networks, which it did and does. Then I was on a work trip the next morning and couldn't check further until today. It's very much possible that connection wasn't possible even that night.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0711: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.11.9 #1 Tue Jul 11 21:04:16 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 11 2017 12:33:03
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version aabbc2f1c981c560a6549fba5e3a0425145f8e02 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20170711210313-#0711-g7661973 [Build #0711]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:734cda1). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (76619734, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (6aceab23, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware (USB, IL ISP, MMAL/RIL fixes)
  2. RTL8812AU: Switch repo from zebulon2 to paspro
  3. net-booting: avoid hang on halt/reboot
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Jul 11):
    • bootcode: usb: Dont overwrite configured parameters
    • firmware: usb: Force MSD app to use CM3 pin conf
    • firmware: IL ISP: Fix typo in logging
    • firmware: IL ISP: Add black level and lens shading controls
    • firmware: isp: Correct ISP Bayer stride calcs for supported formats
    • firmware: Remove unused duplicate versions of vc_sm_defs.h
    • firmware: IL camera: add get_parameter for OMX_IndexConfigCustomAwbGains
    • firmware: IL resize: Support get_parameter OMX_IndexConfigCommonInputCro
    • firmware: MMAL/RIL: Add MMAL_PARAMETER_RESIZE_PARAMS / OMX_IndexParamResize mapping
    • firmware: ISP IL: Add lresize output
    • firmware: MMAL/RIL: Add mapping for OMX_IndexConfigCommon[In|Out]putCrop
    • firmware: MMAL/RIL: Correct handling of MMAL_PARAMETER_VIDEO_SOURCE_PATTERN
    • firmware: IL ISP: Add H & V flip support
    • firmware: IL ISP: Implement OMX_IndexConfigCommonInputCrop
    • firmware: imx219: Refactor exposure calculations
    • firmware: dmalib: Stop spinning on dma_pause if END is signalled. See: link
  2. LibreELEC.tv:
    • samba: update to samba-4.x (PR:1469, 8 commits, 43 files changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • VideoPayer: fix VideoBufferSysMem (PR:12463, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [addons] change OnEnabled and OnDisabled to use AddonPtr (PR:12444, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • ADD: [droid] network stuff via api (PR:12243, 2 commits, 10 files changed)
    • Modernize CEventGroup (PR:12458, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [cmake] use normalized to lower case CORE_PLATFORM_NAME in conditionals (PR:12465, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  4. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • MMAL: Fixup format/alignment for retroplayer (d8ac8318)
      • VideoPlayer: cleanup / fix RenderManager (c274f3ef)
      • VideoPlayer: flush renderer on channel switch (f8332677)
      • VideoPlayer: rework speed and tempo (055b360a)
      • squash (23e4bf77)
      • squash (019b9ebf)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • AddonVideoCodec: Switch to using CVideoBufferManager (3e30584e)
      • MMAL: Fixup format/alignement for retroplayer (a8399fa6)
      • fixup: Add back SAND formats (08f7bc48)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] compare: kodi updates
    • Added: [env] PR:1776: Don't cause system to hang on halt/reboot when net-booting
    • Added: [env] PR:1778: reduce $DEVICE complexity
    • Added: [pkg] PR:67: Revert "Revert "change smbd and nmbd location"" (service.libreelec.settings)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-07-11, 22:37)donnied Wrote:
(2017-07-11, 22:24)Milhouse Wrote: When did it last work? I don't think anything has changed in recent builds with respect to this Atheros hardware (other than the addition of the firmware it required).

The last time we were talking I just checked if it was discovering networks, which it did and does. Then I was on a work trip the next morning and couldn't check further until today. It's very much possible that connection wasn't possible even that night.

Can you check if it works with LE 8.0.2?
(2017-07-11, 22:47)Milhouse Wrote: Can you check if it works with LE 8.0.2?

It works with build #0430 but tell me and I will check again with LE 8.0.2 or another build you'd suggest.
(2017-07-11, 22:49)donnied Wrote:
(2017-07-11, 22:47)Milhouse Wrote: Can you check if it works with LE 8.0.2?

It works with build #0430 but tell me and I will check again with LE 8.0.2 or another build you'd suggest.

Right, but we dropped the ath9k_htc firmware in #0522 so presumably your WiFi works from #0430 up to #0521, or are you saying that's not the case? There's nothing in #0501 (the next build after #0430) that would affect WiFi so I'm assuming your WiFi continues working after #0430, and quite possibly all the way up to #0521.

Assuming it does work all the way up to #0521, it should be possible to continue testing later builds by manually installing the missing firmware - while booted into #0521 or #0711, run the following and then you can continue testing builds that don't include the firmware (ie. #0522 up to #0704):
Code:
mkdir -p /storage/.config/firmware
cp -r /usr/lib/firmware/ath9k_htc /storage/.config/firmware

It's also not clear from the logs you posted why it's not now working - I can see you have a wired connection while the WiFi dongle is connected, but the wlan0 interface doesn't appear to authenticate in your logs, there's no error or anything to suggest a problem.

Once you've identified the first non-working version can you try again without the wired ethernet connection? You should boot with only the WiFi dongle connection (and no wired ethernet - it wouldn't be the first time the wired ethernet and a WiFi dongle haven't played well together), reproduce the WiFi error, and then connect a wired ethernet cable to extract the latest log file zip.
(2017-07-12, 06:21)Milhouse Wrote: Once you've identified the first non-working version can you try again without the wired ethernet connection? You should boot with only the WiFi dongle connection (and no wired ethernet - it wouldn't be the first time the wired ethernet and a WiFi dongle haven't played well together), reproduce the WiFi error, and then connect a wired ethernet cable to extract the latest log file zip.

I've tried that but the system didn't connect to the wired internet after trying to connect by dongle anymore.

I'll try what you've said and give feedback then.

Thank you for your help and suggestions.
(2017-07-11, 05:33)Milhouse Wrote: It would be great to get feedback from anyone using RTL8812AU-based USB WiFi dongles, as in the last build we're using a new repo that's supposedly more up-to-date (v5.1.5 instead of v4.3.20).

iperf results with a 8812au is giving me 250+ mbps on an wireless AC connection. (same as 8.0.3)

Unfortunalely, its hanging while playing a video every minute or so, but nothing in the kodi.log file or even in dmesg! When it 'hangs', ssh is also unresponsive, but will come back after a few seconds. This was playing ~20mbps h264 mkv.

8.0.3 with 8812AU filled dmesg with messages (sorry, dont have them handy, but can post them later if you want)

On 8.0.3, if I forced 8812au just to use wireless N over 5ghz it worked fine, but on AC 8.0.3 would basically hang the pi after 3-4 minutes of video playback. There was a post on some other forums (cant find it at the moment) which described the exact problem and fix, cant find it, but if I do, I'll edit the post.

edit: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/6133-r...#post47796 thats the thread! and as stated in the post, 7.0.x worked fine for me with 8812au on AC just fine.

If need anything else, let me know.

Heres a debug log of about 3 minutes of it playing or so;

in 12:42 and 12:43 there were pauses.

http://sprunge.us/ZCKU

edit: iwconfig if you care

Code:
wlan0     IEEE 802.11  ESSID:"myap"  
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:5.765 GHz  Access Point: somehexstuff  
          Bit Rate=867 Mb/s   Tx-Power=12 dBm  
          Retry short limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off