• 188(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
Yeah, I hear you. I guess I will have to narrow it down when I get time...

Skickat från min HTC 10 via Tapatalk
I'm useing the #0806 Build on RPI3. I have attached an exFAT formatted storage disk. But it doesn't get mounted.
I tried mount in the console but it also doesn't show me the device at all. Does anyone also have problems with external disk? Any ideas what I can try else or is it some bug?

With an FAT32 USB flash drive I facing no problems.
@Milhouse

It didn't actually take that long... (My testing route: #0105 > #0202 > #0401 > #0429 > #0430 < #0501)

Up to #0429 all is good and from #0430 things goes crazy.

http://sprunge.us/LMZW

Pause is pressed:
Video menu:
Stopped been pressed:

And a log with "clean" install:

http://sprunge.us/KPjA
(2017-08-09, 09:03)dascoco Wrote: Any ideas what I can try else or is it some bug?

Run "journalctl -a | pastebinit" after you have connected the exFAT drive, then paste the link.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-08-09, 09:45)Patrics83 Wrote: And a log with "clean" install:

What about with your overclock and overscan settings removed? Remove everything from /flash/config.txt apart from:
Code:
gpu_mem=320
and any codec licences.

Also, can you post your current config.txt, with all your extra settings, as there must be something in there that is causing this (hence why it's only your system that is affected).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-08-09, 10:37)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-08-09, 09:45)Patrics83 Wrote: And a log with "clean" install:

What about with your overclock and overscan settings removed? Remove everything from /flash/config.txt apart from:
Code:
gpu_mem=320
and any codec licences.

Also, can you post your current config.txt, with all your extra settings, as there must be something in there that is causing this (hence why it's only your system that is affected).

Found the issue!

It's because of my overscan settings.
Code:
#  1080p
  overscan_left=39
  overscan_right=39
  overscan_top=23
  overscan_bottom=24

Shouldn't I be able to use this anymore? I thought this method was better to use instead of the videocalibration tool inside kodi.

Config.txt

Code:
[all]
################################################################################
# Memory (System/GPU configuration )
################################################################################

gpu_mem_1024=320

# New SDCARD driver & Overclocking

dtoverlay=sdhost,overclock_50=85
# dtparam=sd_overclock=100

# Doesn't sent initial active source message.
#
# Avoids bringing CEC (enabled TV) out of standby and channel switch when
# rebooting.

hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

# framebuffer_depth
#  Console framebuffer depth in bits per pixel.
#
#  Value    Description
#  -------------------------------------------------------------------------
#    8      Valid, but default RGB palette makes an unreadable screen
#   16      (Default)
#   24      Looks better but has corruption issues as of 2012/06/15
#   32      Has no corruption issues but needs framebuffer_ignore_alpha=1
#           and shows the wrong colors as of 2012/06/15

framebuffer_depth=32

# framebuffer_ignore_alpha
#  Set to 1 to disable alpha channel. Helps with 32bit.
#
#  Value    Description
#  -------------------------------------------------------------------------
#    0      Enable Alpha Channel (Default)
#    1      Disable Alpha Channel

framebuffer_ignore_alpha=1

# Overscan settings

# Make display smaller to stop text spilling off the screen
# see also http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=15700
  overscan_scale=1
  disable_overscan=1

#  720p
#  overscan_left=26
#  overscan_right=26
#  overscan_top=15
#  overscan_bottom=16

#  1080p
  overscan_left=39
  overscan_right=39
  overscan_top=23
  overscan_bottom=24

hdmi_pixel_encoding=2

# Force HDMI even if unplugged or powered off

hdmi_force_hotplug=0

# Disable rainbow splash

disable_splash=1

[pi2]

arm_freq=1050
  core_freq=500
  over_voltage=6
  gpu_freq=360

sdram_freq=600
  over_voltage_sdram=5
  sdram_schmoo=0x02000020

decode_MPG2=0xdf0b5d25 
  decode_WVC1=0x1b2905a9

[pi3]

arm_freq=1300
  core_freq=500
  over_voltage=3
  gpu_freq=400

total_mem=1024
  sdram_freq=550
  over_voltage_sdram=3
  sdram_schmoo=0x02000020
  force_turbo=1

decode_MPG2=0xdde5ba49
  decode_WVC1=0xe0f83095
(2017-08-09, 11:08)Patrics83 Wrote: Found the issue!

Code:
#  1080p
  overscan_left=39
  overscan_right=39
  overscan_top=23
  overscan_bottom=24

Shouldn't I be able to use this anymore? I thought this method was better to use instead of the videocalibration tool inside kodi.

Actually I think you'll find "overscan_scale=1" is the critical setting.
Without overscan_scale, the other overscan settings will have no effect to kodi.

But, no. You should not be using any overscan settings in config.txt with kodi.

For best quality fix the problem on the TV. Check the display menu options and disable overscan (it may be called "just scan", "screen fit", "HD size", "full pixel", "unscaled", "dot by dot", "native" or "1:1").
If you can't do that then use the kodi calibration settings. That will result in a resize by the TV which will make the image less sharp.
Using overscan_scale will result in a resize by the Pi, followed by a resize by the TV resulting in an even less sharp image.

I'll try to discover why the overscan_scale stopped working. Are you sure it was #0430 that was the first broken build?
There were no related changes there. #0501 did have some firmware related display changes so seems more likely.
(2017-08-09, 12:51)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-08-09, 11:08)Patrics83 Wrote: Found the issue!

Code:
#  1080p
  overscan_left=39
  overscan_right=39
  overscan_top=23
  overscan_bottom=24

Actually I think you'll find "overscan_scale=1" is the critical setting.
Without overscan_scale, the other overscan settings will have no effect to kodi.

But, no. You should not be using any overscan settings in config.txt with kodi.

For best quality fix the problem on the TV. Check the display menu options and disable overscan (it may be called "just scan", "screen fit", "HD size", "full pixel", "unscaled", "dot by dot", "native" or "1:1").
If you can't do that then use the kodi calibration settings. That will result in a resize by the TV which will make the image less sharp.
Using overscan_scale will result in a resize by the Pi, followed by a resize by the TV resulting in an even less sharp image.

I'll try to discover why the overscan_scale stopped working.

Oh yeah I know about this and normally I'm using it. But for some reason I had to do this workaround in the past to make all my connected stuff work without problem. (I have a receiver with only one hdmi to the tv)
Back in the past when I calibrated through xbmc the video menu was cut off if I remember right.

Edit: FYI you said that overscan settings didn't work. They actually worked because my screen was the same as before just that things went crazy during/after a movie was played.

Thanks for explaining!

(2017-08-09, 12:51)popcornmix Wrote: Are you sure it was #0430 that was the first broken build?
There were no related changes there. #0501 did have some firmware related display changes so seems more likely.

Yes I'm 100% sure. With that config.txt I had before the issue was reproducible when jumping between #0429 and #0430

This is exactly how I found the first build.
#0105 =good > #0202 =good > #0401 =good > #0501 =bad > #0430 =bad > #0429 =good
Star 
(2016-12-01, 06:34)Milhouse Wrote: ...
Thank you for your awsome work on kodi builds, works very well and much better hdmi cec support than the original one.
Is there a way to donate you for your work?
(2017-08-09, 10:24)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-08-09, 09:03)dascoco Wrote: Any ideas what I can try else or is it some bug?

Run "journalctl -a | pastebinit" after you have connected the exFAT drive, then paste the link.

http://sprunge.us/eeVj
(2017-08-08, 22:54)Milhouse Wrote: pvr.iptvsimple should be fixed tonight.

Not work . build #0808
T:1728803728 ERROR: 127.0.0.1 - - [09/Aug/2017 17:43:19] "GET /HD_zdf-live-......

https://pastebin.com/SpMYKNtd

the addon " Playlist Loader " plays the m3u list but,The m3u list is ok
(2017-08-09, 18:03)Malocher Wrote:

Not work . build #0808
T:1728803728 ERROR: 127.0.0.1 - - [09/Aug/2017 17:43:19] "GET /HD_zdf-live-......

Not really sure which addon is responsible for that error - could be script.module.requests, or could be pvr.iptvsimple. I'd suggest opening an issue on the pvr.iptvsimple github and take direction from the pvr.iptvsimple maintainer.
(2017-08-09, 20:06)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-08-09, 18:03)Malocher Wrote:

Not work . build #0808

Not really sure which addon is responsible for that error - could be script.module.requests, or could be pvr.iptvsimple. I'd suggest opening an issue on the pvr.iptvsimple github and take direction from the pvr.iptvsimple maintainer.

The m3u list is generated by " IPTV Proxy Addon " Then the access data will be entered .. User : Pass:
(2017-08-09, 17:41)dascoco Wrote:
(2017-08-09, 10:24)Milhouse Wrote:

http://sprunge.us/eeVj

Thanks.

Can you describe how this drive is connected to your RPi - is it connected directly, or via a powered USB hub? Does the drive (or hub) have it's own power?

I can see from the log that the 1TB HDD is spinning up, but then it disappears, which might suggest insufficient power.

You also have a MediaTek MT1887 optical disc drive attached, does the HDD work better when the optical drive is not connected?

The RPi can only supply a maximum of 1.2Amps to the USB ports, so if you need more than that then you'll need to ensure your connected devices are self-powered and not using power from the RPi.
(2017-08-09, 20:15)Malocher Wrote: The m3u list is generated by " IPTV Proxy Addon " Then the access data will be entered .. User : Pass:

OK. Sorry, I've no idea. Please contact the iptvsimple guys.
  • 188(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24