• 225(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-09-22, 04:04)Milhouse Wrote: I've noticed something similar when "unpausing" a video, but in my case (RPi3 into computer monitor with 2.0 channel audio) after unpausing a video I sometimes hear a brief burst of white noise (or "click"), and then all audio is lost until playback is ended. It can also happen when starting playback. Seems to affect most videos - h264, hevc - with 2.0 or 5.1 audio but I couldn't trigger it on a VC-1 video with TrueHD audio.

I believe it started with #0910.

Can you confirm "ActiveAE - large audio sync error" does not appear in debug log? (it didn't for pyrodex so I'm assuming that part of PR12785 is not to blame).
(2017-09-22, 13:01)popcornmix Wrote: Can you confirm "ActiveAE - large audio sync error" does not appear in debug log? (it didn't for pyrodex so I'm assuming that part of PR12785 is not to blame).

It doesn't appear to be there.

This is a debug log: http://sprunge.us/BiVE

I pressed PlayPause several times until I lost audio between these two key presses:
Code:
12:07:44.245 T:1943306352   DEBUG: OnKey: homepage (0xea) pressed, action is PlayPause
<"click" heard, then audio lost>
12:07:46.994 T:1943306352   DEBUG: OnKey: guide (0xe0) pressed, action is Stop

GUI sounds are working normally after playback is stopped.

In case it is my computer monitor freaking out I tried powering it off after audio is "lost", and then back on again while the video continues to play, but audio is not restored.

I checked "vcdb log msg" (http://sprunge.us/efjd) but don't see anything being added there at the time of the "click".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I've been able to reproduce and have pushed a minimal revert of PR12785 to newclock5. Does that fix it for you?
I just noticed another quirk/bug but it is more in Kodi.

I have a show that is partially watched, 15:42s remaining of 22:03s, and Kodi correctly identifies it as so but in the show list when I filter on UnWatched it is not showing up. Only when I change the filter to Watched (Unexpected) or All Videos (Expected) it shows up. This used to be previous behavior but not sure when this fully happened since I regularly clean out my shows when they are finished being watched.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
(2017-09-22, 13:26)popcornmix Wrote: I've been able to reproduce and have pushed a minimal revert of PR12785 to newclock5. Does that fix it for you?

Thanks - that's fixed it!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Milhouse,

a quick question: do your builds already include support for the xbox usb tuner (as discussed (in German) at kodinerds)?

Cheers,

chessplayer
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Clients: RPi3, Wetek Play, Nvidia Shield
Server: Cubietruck with VDR; RPi3, Wetek Play
With Sundtek DVB-C Sticks (and Wetek Play tuners)
(2017-09-22, 14:47)chessplayer Wrote: Hi Milhouse,

a quick question: do your builds already include support for the xbox usb tuner (as discussed (in German) at kodinerds)?

Cheers,

chessplayer

No it's not in these builds, as we've made the decision not to take this patch into LE master at this time, mainly because we're trying to avoid intrusive kernel patches like this as they almost always break with new kernels. It has however been merged in LE8.2 since the kernels in that branch are stable.

The hope is that the Xbox tuner patch will make its way into the mainline linux media_tree, and we'll pick it up once that happens.
(2017-09-22, 15:18)Milhouse Wrote: The hope is that the Xbox tuner patch will make its way into the mainline linux media_tree, and we'll pick it up once that happens.

Ok, thanks, understood. Seems like an inexpensive and promising piece of HW, although it will never match the Sundtek Sticks w.r.t quality (which obviously has its price as well).
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0922: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.13.3 #1 Sat Sep 23 03:05:51 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep 12 2017 15:25:20
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3fbb171d1950eb3789eb8e37ba11e01079a37239 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20170923030442-#0922-g5ab8b2a [Build #0922]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:f97ea3c). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (5ab8b2a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f97ea3c, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.13.3 kernel
  2. [PVR] Fix channel OSD dialog channel preselection.
  3. Fix silence after unpausing
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • linux: update amlogic-3.14 kernel to 3.14-c8c32b4 (PR:2023, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • wpa_supplicant: change url (PR:2028, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • squashfs: change upstream, update to squashfs-1a6ffc7, add zstd support (PR:1992, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • AE: fix pause bursts (PR:12820, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • ActiveAE: Fix up bytes skipped in SyncStream (PR:12824, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [skin.estouchy] PVR Guide fix (PR:12815, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. inputstream.adaptive:
    • [ISM] force secure decoder (android) (dde3921)
  4. pvr.zattoo:
    • Fix selection of Quickline and crash while loading epg (d2ba3cc)
  5. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • ActiveAE: Revert SyncStream change 1 (b0f85467)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] PR:12823: [PVR] Fix channel OSD dialog channel preselection.
(2017-09-22, 18:18)chessplayer Wrote:
(2017-09-22, 15:18)Milhouse Wrote: The hope is that the Xbox tuner patch will make its way into the mainline linux media_tree, and we'll pick it up once that happens.

Ok, thanks, understood. Seems like an inexpensive and promising piece of HW, although it will never match the Sundtek Sticks w.r.t quality (which obviously has its price as well).

Just one more thing: I just got the tuner this morning, plugged it into an RPi3 with the official LibreELEC Beta (8.1.1) and, like they announced on their blog, it worked. So, I am afraid I do not fully understand the decision you guys took not to include it, but you seem to know what you are doing, so I respect that.
(2017-09-23, 11:38)chessplayer Wrote: So, I am afraid I do not fully understand the decision you guys took not to include it, but you seem to know what you are doing, so I respect that.

I thought I explained in my post. The LE 8.2 kernel is stable, while master is not. Supporting out-of-tree kernel patches with unstable (ie. constantly changing) kernels is a support headache. We decided to include the Xbox patch in LE 8.2 as a one-off decision as the expectation is that the Xbox driver will merge upstream before LE9.
(2017-09-23, 11:45)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-09-23, 11:38)chessplayer Wrote: So, I am afraid I do not fully understand the decision you guys took not to include it, but you seem to know what you are doing, so I respect that.

I thought I explained in my post. The LE 8.2 kernel is stable, while master is not. Supporting out-of-tree kernel patches with unstable (ie. constantly changing) kernels is a support headache. We decided to include the Xbox patch in LE 8.2 as a one-off decision as the expectation is that the Xbox driver will merge upstream before LE9.

You did indeed and it now made its way into my brain as well. Sorry about that!
With the latest Milhouse-builds (tested 1509 and above) I have a problem installing game addons.
Code:
11:38:37.579 T:1855976336   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[game.libretro.gambatte]: Die Abhängigkeit auf kodi.binary.global.main in Version 1.0.11 konnte nicht aufgelöst werden.
Is this a known issue with Milhouse builds and I have to use garbears builds?
There is a thread also here, but no one had posted a solution yet
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2647705

Thx for the answer
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2017-09-23, 13:38)Solo0815 Wrote: Is this a known issue with Milhouse builds and I have to use garbears builds?

Yes, game addons are broken since #0914 introduced more addon API changes. The game addons (and probably most others) need to be rebuilt.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0923: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.13.3 #1 Sat Sep 23 21:55:12 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep 12 2017 15:25:20
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3fbb171d1950eb3789eb8e37ba11e01079a37239 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20170923215403-#0923-gea8fa96 [Build #0923]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:ec3fc3d). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (ea8fa96, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (ec3fc3d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Updated OSD channel preselection PR:12823
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • projects/WeTek_Hub: build media support drivers as modules (PR:2029, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • projects/Odroid_C2: build media support drivers as modules (PR:2031, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • projects/WeTek_Play_2: build media support drivers as modules (PR:2030, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • scripts: update checkdeps for openjdk and libjson-perl on Arch (ea8fa96)
  2. XBMC:
    • [addons] add blocked addon call event to prevent problems after disable (PR:12473, 4 commits, 7 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: send cb notifications on exit via a job (PR:12817, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. pvr.zattoo:
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] e5dbcce3: X11: fix getting visual (kodi)
  • 225(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24