• 308(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-03-04, 23:59)dantist Wrote: I went back to a previous version (February 28), long press-scrolling through lists is working fine there.

Yes the long press/repeat issues are due to the libinput changes introduced in #0302 - stick on #0301 until we've worked out a fix.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0304: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 85781a47bdec8499a82365153eea20ee6be50441973837130892bc9c604e0797 (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 296b92864f3db344fd9d09761fcf67244333480d3f57e1e377e1d5573024761e (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.14.22 #1 Sun Mar 4 21:06:03 GMT 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 26 2018 19:49:36
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version d5ab8ea53b81ccfed06faddca8f86380243d39fd (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180304210413-#0304-g000cee7 [Build #0304]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:89a53e4). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (000cee7, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (2ed79a4, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Kodi master is now Kodi 18.0a2
  2. [PVR] Direct channel number input improvement
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • projects/WeTek_Play: fix distorted sound during a video playback (PR:2547, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: vaapi - do not destruct postproc if buffers are still in (PR:13605, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [PVR] Direct channel number input improvement (PR:13611, 3 commits, 10 files changed)
  3. inputstream.adaptive:
    • [depends][windows] fix expat for uwp (PR:115, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2511 (perma): kernel-firmware: use project specific firmwares and cleanup
    • Updated: [env] PR:2528 (perma): kodi: Early March 2018 update
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Installed #0304 ensuring clean reboot, went to bed and noted that kodi crashed and restarted during night.  kodi crash log
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2018-03-05, 08:37)MikeKL Wrote: Installed #0304 ensuring clean reboot, went to bed and noted that kodi crashed and restarted during night.  kodi crash log

Different crash this time - now it's the Python interpreter. I'd hazard a guess this might have something to do with it:
Code:
22:50:17.520 T:1810690944 WARNING: CAddonSettings[script.xbmcbackup]: cannot reference setting (relative index: -8; absolute index: -1) in another category in old setting condition "eq(-8,3)" for "remove_auth_button"
22:50:17.520 T:1810690944 WARNING: CAddonSettings[script.xbmcbackup]: failed to parse visible condition "eq(-8,3)" of old setting definition for "remove_auth_button"
22:50:17.520 T:1810690944 WARNING: CAddonSettings[script.xbmcbackup]: cannot reference setting (relative index: -9; absolute index: -2) in another category in old setting condition "gt(-9,1)" for "remove_auth_button"
22:50:17.520 T:1810690944 WARNING: CAddonSettings[script.xbmcbackup]: failed to parse visible condition "gt(-9,1)" of old setting definition for "remove_auth_button"
Looks like the Settings refactor is still causing headaches. Maybe contact the script.xbmcbackup add-on author/maintainer. Or just disable or uninstall it, as it's not a useful add-on in LE.
Hi,

A while ago i mentioned about lots of ActiveAE - large audio sync errors when using MMAL, just wanted to give an update as of #0304..
I seem to see this error more and more with recent builds, but no such problems when using OMX, its also happening with all video files and pvr.
Hopefully its something that can be sorted over time, as i do now prefer MMAL as a player..

Also one thing ive noticed with omx, when changing a live tv channel from bbc1 to bbc2, kodi will still think its playing bbc1, if I then switch to another channel from BBC2 to ITV kodi will crash. No problems if i physically stop the current channel before starting to next one, only happens if i switch while watching a channel...

Kind Regards

Bucky...
I accidentally (and perhaps a little prematurely) moved this thread to the Garbage Forum when splitting the post about FireTV, and this action may have unsubscribed everyone from the thread so please re-subscribe if you want to receive notifications in future!
First of all: Extremely impressive job by you @Milhouse  and all others involved. Been following the thread for some time and tried a couple of builds some months ago mainly for LiveTV/PVR. Reverted then due to some irritating issues that i think now are solved.

Are we still in alpha state here or are we in beta? Since the first build came 15 months ago, is there a date set for leaving alpha/beta state and build a general and official release?
(2018-03-05, 17:29)moje1977 Wrote: First of all: Extremely impressive job by you @Milhouse  and all others involved. Been following the thread for some time and tried a couple of builds some months ago mainly for LiveTV/PVR. Reverted then due to some irritating issues that i think now are solved.

Are we still in alpha state here or are we in beta? Since the first build came 15 months ago, is there a date set for leaving alpha/beta state and build a general and official release?
The core component of these build is kodi, so alpha/beta/release status will be related to kodi. Kodi has just gone into alpha state (from pre-alpha): https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v18-leia-alpha-1
As kodi gets to beta and RC/release state you may expect these builds to get more stable as changes to kodi are more focused on bug fixes rather than new features and restructuring.
 But as these are nightly builds, they are not designed for sticking with a single version and using it in the long term. Users should update regularly and if there are issues be willing to submit bug reports to get the issues resolved.
This is what helps the stable releases of kodi/LibreELEC to be as bug free as possible.
was watching a hevc video, when it ended, Kodi crashed and rebooted
http://ix.io/SUw
just happened again, crash after stopping play of a hevc file
http://ix.io/SVm
(2018-03-05, 18:03)J_E_F_F Wrote:
Code:
was watching a hevc video, when it ended, Kodi crashed and rebooted
http://ix.io/SUw
 I've seen the same crash on the last few builds. Various media types. Doesn't happen every time.
From your crashlog
Always in the same place in libstc++ - std:Confusedtring:Confusedwap.
Quote:Thread 1 (Thread 0x35dd7380 (LWP 900)):#0 0x74fe6e14 in std:Confusedtring:Confusedwap(std:Confusedtring&) () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
#1 0x0077d7dc in ?? ()
#2 0x0077ddd4 in CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodeInfo(std:Confusedtring const&, CVideoInfoTag&, int, int) ()
#3 0x00781e1c in CVideoDatabase::LoadVideoInfo(std:Confusedtring const&, CVideoInfoTag&, int) ()
Anyone else seeing this?
Something is munging double colons...
@popcornmix - sorry, I hadn't have the time yet to pinpoint the build on which the PVR zapping behavior changed (the thing with seeing a still frame of the previous channel after the screen had already turned black for the new channel). But I noticed the other day (yes, I'm not watching much TV) that this is only happening when I switch between SD channels. It doesn't happen when switching from SD > HD, HD > HD or HD > SD, so only for SD > SD. Not sure if this is giving any pointers (maybe a HW deinterlacer is still having a stillframe in its buffer etc).

edit: btw, this has absolute no priority or anything as it's absolutely no show stopper. I was just mentioning in case it might give an idea where to maybe start looking.
@da-anda what format are the SD and HD channels? Are SD MPEG-2 and software decoded and HD H.264 and HW decoded? Or are they all the same?
Just to understand this right: the Kodi v18 Alpha (meaning in this case the LibreELEC Alpha 1) is based on #0303 and #0304 and later version will be alpha2? I am just asking because I noticed the change of the master.
Kodi 18.0 alpha1 has been tagged so master is now open for 18.0 alpha2 changes - this is now what we're working towards.
  • 308(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24