• 331(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
Hi,

still having two issues with these builds:

1. On AC3 and DTS Passthrough there are still dropouts happening, every few minutes the sound goes away for a second and will return then.

2. When using yatse to browse the files of scanned folders, kodi restarts without any new lines in kodi.log / kodi crash log.

Browsing the tv shows or movies without accessing the files itself it works without issues. Browsing the files within kodi works as well. Just browsing the files in yatse leads to a crash.

The sources are system-mounted nfs folders - mounted via autostart.sh
(2018-04-03, 14:24)Catscrash Wrote: 1. On AC3 and DTS Passthrough there are still dropouts happening, every few minutes the sound goes away for a second and will return then.

2. When using yatse to browse the files of scanned folders, kodi restarts without any new lines in kodi.log / kodi crash log.
It is useful if you can confirm if the same issue occur with last stable LibreELEC release, and if earlier nightly build worked correctly.
(2018-04-03, 15:36)popcornmix Wrote:
(2018-04-03, 14:24)Catscrash Wrote: 1. On AC3 and DTS Passthrough there are still dropouts happening, every few minutes the sound goes away for a second and will return then.

It is useful if you can confirm if the same issue occur with last stable LibreELEC release, and if earlier nightly build worked correctly.  
both are not the case on current libreelec stable and have been the case since at least build 120 or something - I had posted about the AC3 thing earlier too and someone else sad he had the same issue.
(2018-03-31, 12:30)delinend Wrote: Hi.

For very long time (also back to KODI 17.x), there has been a problem, when resuming playback of DVD iso images and when using OMXplayer (MMAL is working OK).
Problem: When stopping a DVD iso movie, and resume playback again, the video is stalling on the resume time (no playback, but the play timer is counting up).
When resumeing after a reboot, the DVD iso is starting playback from time 00:00:00 (the beginning).

Here a log: KODI log

Hope someone can fix it. Thanks..

Best regards
delinend
@popcornmix Maybe this is an OMXplayer issue ?
(2018-04-03, 15:47)Catscrash Wrote: both are not the case on current libreelec stable and have been the case since at least build 120 or something - I had posted about the AC3 thing earlier too and someone else sad he had the same issue. 
Identifying the build where problems start is very helpful.
@Milhouse

Have you already updated xorg-server to 1.20 RC3? I'm running 1.20 RC1 based on your commits this works fine but I only get a blank / black screen when I update to RC3.

https://github.com/MilhouseVH/LibreELEC....30f4593c38
https://github.com/MilhouseVH/LibreELEC....e4eae7ea7f
(2018-04-03, 15:47)Catscrash Wrote: 2. When using yatse to browse the files of scanned folders, kodi restarts without any new lines in kodi.log / kodi crash log.
It's unusual for there not to be a crashlog. Can you enable debug logging, reboot, have Yatse crash Kodi then after Kodi has restarted run "journalctl -a | pastebinit" and - just to humour me - "cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crash.log | pastebinit" the post the links.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello milhouse & popcornmix,

i have an older problem (since vers. 17.6 ) with buffer on playing a BluRay over the network.

smb => fritzbox7490 with 1GBit/s (power-mode)     => LAN to Netgear GS108 Power Switch => LAN to Pi3 : BR 50 Video and Audio is stuttering in br-Menue.
smb => fritzbox7490 with 100 MBit/s (green-mode) => LAN to Netgear GS108 Power Switch => LAN to Pi3 :  all is playing fine without any problems.

We have spoken about this problems, you have make some suggestions in cmd line like: 

boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet smsc95xx.turbo_mode=Y smsc95xx.packetsize=2560

... but there is also no improvment.

So i have to pull / regulate down to 100Mbits all my devices who are connected on this Powerswitch -  it's a pity. ;-) 

Is there any way to resolve that?

Thank You
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0403: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 67708869e2e4c5b88e8c3637d47187c428cee6e488bbd086cad273555a172133 (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 4b894c12c112fccadb961d861f8eeb86f54ed5c6b585fd6f02ace2927797043e (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.14.32 #1 Tue Apr 3 23:32:56 BST 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 23 2018 16:35:52
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version d92349b3d22c277e44d508a2aae6af2b1e5bb224 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180403233101-#0403-g1fed43a [Build #0403]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA2 Git:72f69fc). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (1fed43a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (3ad7f43, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.14.32 kernel
  2. [xbmc] Allow enter an user domain in GUI for SMB protocol.
  3. Use OpenSSL for hash calculation
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • graphics package updates (PR:2533, 4 commits, 3 files changed)
      • libdrm: update to 2.4.91
      • llvm: update to 6.0.0
      • mesa: update to 18.0.0
      • mesa: disable libunwind
  2. XBMC:
    • HOW-TO: Clean up logic (PR:13717, 7 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [xbmc] Allow enter an user domain in GUI for SMB protocol. (PR:13725, 6 commits, 8 files changed)
    • [win32] fix crash after #13722 + cosmetics (PR:13728, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
    • [filesystem] fix cosmetics after #13725 (PR:13729, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Use OpenSSL for hash calculation (PR:13681, 5 commits, 29 files changed)
    • Fix missing include in StringUtils.cpp (PR:13732, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. inputstream.adaptive:
    • [AndroidJNI] Set ServerCertificate (e6ddfdb)
    • version bump 2.2.10 (d129e4b)
  4. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [rpi] Protect against null GetGUI (5417acde)
    • Commits no longer in build:
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2627 (perma): linux: update to linux-4.14.31
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-04-03, 18:28)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-04-03, 15:47)Catscrash Wrote: 2. When using yatse to browse the files of scanned folders, kodi restarts without any new lines in kodi.log / kodi crash log.
It's unusual for there not to be a crashlog. Can you enable debug logging, reboot, have Yatse crash Kodi then after Kodi has restarted run "journalctl -a | pastebinit" and - just to humour me - "cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crash.log | pastebinit" the post the links.  

This time there was something - don't know what was different
Quote:09:38:31.114 T:1830794112   DEBUG: ffmpeg[6D1FB380]: Assertion frame->buf[0] failed at libavcodec/decode.c:610

journalctl: http://ix.io/16rJ
crashlog: http://ix.io/16rK
I've done a bit more testing on RPi3 B+ with 3D MVC files. After my recent Micro SD failure I disabled all additional settings on B+ including SD voltage and clocking chip setting and Turbo mode. All default.

Stuttering looks better. Still needs more time to evaluate. It's not obvious like it was on initial releases of Kodi with B+ support. Not too sure if there was some code change to address specific clocking requirement for B+ and MVC files. Very rare single frame skip within first second of the new complex panning scene. This could also be my TV motion processor. I will test this further.

Second issue is still there. Most of the time B+ will lock up repeating couple of frames with sound around and around within first half an hour of play of 3D MVC file. This is like a hardware lock. Network is down and I need to pull the plug to recover. I think this is specific issue to B+.

One more issue happening for a while now and probably related to recent builds rather than B+. During 3D MVC playback there are brighter flashes on right eye. It is a single frame and typically 3 to 10 times per movie. It is specific to a scene. I can rewind and play it again. It will always be in the same specific scene and time. It's like decoder error extracting 3D image. I tried to capture this in the picture but Kodi does not allow for frame by frame advancement and probability of hitting pause at the correct frame is very low. I can make a slow motion video if anybody wants to see the issue. It appears to be some colour range error. Looks like right eye gets a lot brighter with colours blown for a single frame. Very distracting.
I installed LE 8.2.4 on my new Raspberry 3b+ and made directly the update to the newest Build of LE 9
all fine except my own Add-On won't install because of missing os.libreelec.tv please help.
(2018-04-04, 12:49)3DBuff Wrote: Stuttering looks better. Still needs more time to evaluate. It's not obvious like it was on initial releases of Kodi with B+ support. Not too sure if there was some code change to address specific clocking requirement for B+ and MVC files. Very rare single frame skip within first second of the new complex panning scene. This could also be my TV motion processor. I will test this further.
Does OSD show skips or drops increasing when you see this?
Quote:Second issue is still there. Most of the time B+ will lock up repeating couple of frames with sound around and around within first half an hour of play of 3D MVC file. This is like a hardware lock. Network is down and I need to pull the plug to recover. I think this is specific issue to B+.
Could you add arm_freq=1200 to config.txt and report if that helps?
If not try adding over_voltage=2.
Quote:One more issue happening for a while now and probably related to recent builds rather than B+. During 3D MVC playback there are brighter flashes on right eye. It is a single frame and typically 3 to 10 times per movie. It is specific to a scene. I can rewind and play it again. It will always be in the same specific scene and time. It's like decoder error extracting 3D image. I tried to capture this in the picture but Kodi does not allow for frame by frame advancement and probability of hitting pause at the correct frame is very low. I can make a slow motion video if anybody wants to see the issue. It appears to be some colour range error. Looks like right eye gets a lot brighter with colours blown for a single frame. Very distracting.
Can you provide a small sample (e.g. 1m long) of a part of the video that has this effect? Upload to a hosting site like dropbox or google drive.
(2018-04-04, 09:46)Catscrash Wrote: This time there was something - don't know what was different
Quote:09:38:31.114 T:1830794112   DEBUG: ffmpeg[6D1FB380]: Assertion frame->buf[0] failed at libavcodec/decode.c:610

journalctl: http://ix.io/16rJ
crashlog: http://ix.io/16rK

Can you post the content of /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog_20180404093831.log ?
(2018-04-04, 12:59)tjost Wrote: I installed LE 8.2.4 on my new Raspberry 3b+ and made directly the update to the newest Build of LE 9
all fine except my own Add-On won't install because of missing os.libreelec.tv please help.

os.libreelec.tv is not missing, Kodi just claims it is because Kodi doesn't understand the concept of built-in add-ons and only expects to find add-ons online even though the required add-on is already installed. Just ignore the missing dependency message.
  • 331(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24