• 348(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-04-29, 09:44)brunis Wrote: A few comments, not specifically related to latest and greatest build.

1. Browsing movies, leaves the previously cached background image visible until a new one is fetched for the actively hoverede movie. I'm sure if you have a fast connection and live near imdb.com's servers you'll never see this. But i'm in Africa on 10 mbit. So if you could clear and show a blank background when you change title hover, until you fetched the new one?
2. Will some of the old more underlying issues ever be fixed? Like, will we ever see a hardware pointer? Will we ever move to other rendering form that doesn't suck the life out of a device like the Pi? I'm not assuming anyone will write a full vulkan driver for the Pi's chipset, but i'm still dreaming. Smile
3. After all these package updates, i think a few new default settings are in order. Like adding a default samba user, so it doesn't have to be an "expert" setting just to be able to browse your movie library. Same goes for your gigantic default overscan, it makes every side of the screen unreadable on every screen i ever used Kodi on. How about making it a bit smaller, so it'll fit by default and then leave it to the experts to expand it? Yes, the overscan setting is actually called video "calibration".

Hoping you'll consider some of these fixes/suggestions.

1. You could also avoid using remote artwork, and/or pre-load your cache overnight (see script in my signature, which is also included as standard in these builds)
2. Don't know
3a. Can you provide more detail on why a default Samba user (presumably for SMB Client settings) would be useful? I agree the SMB Client settings shouldn't be hidden away under Advanced/Expert, that's something we could consider changing.
3b. Have you configured the TV correctly to use 1:1 pixel mapping?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-04-29, 14:37)tjost Wrote: After reboot out off safety boot the settings still reset. I have to enable German, with timezone, my skin, my audio settings aswell. 

That's got nothing to do with Safety Mode, as Safety Mode doesn't touch your failing installation other than to temporarily rename /storage/.kodi to /storage/.kodi.FAILED. If the settings have been lost/reset/trashed then Safety Mode is not responsible for that - they were most likely lost before Safety Mode kicked in, because of the crash loop.

(2018-04-29, 14:37)tjost Wrote: What about the insecure repository. It is my own homepage and plug ins from your website as well. What can I do to my Homepage.

The insecure LibreELEC repository issue is being addressed. For your homepage, get a certificate and start serving your content with https. All repositories will need to switch to https.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-04-25, 15:11)b1m1 Wrote: Hi,

Upgraded from 329 to 422 and experienced severe stuttering audio and video.

Downgraded to 407 and all is ok.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Regards Phil
I don't know if this is related but I noticed yesterday on recent builds massive stuttering when playing interlaced video on both hardware players. Changing interlaced option from auto to one of the half modes fixes the issue. This would probably show up on interlaced TV channels as well.
(2018-04-28, 23:44)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-04-28, 07:56)aleksobs Wrote: 1. When playing music from the FILE menu, I can not see the FANART. (When playing from the media library, the fanart is visible). In the official firmware this works.

Are you able to identify the first build with this issue?

Can you post an example directory listing (to show filenames etc.)?

I've created a fanart.jpg file in various Artist and Album folders but never see any fanart artwork and I went back as far as #0301 so either this isn't a recent issue, or I'm not able to reproduce.  
 1. New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0428

2. LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.5

(2018-04-29, 17:54)aleksobs Wrote: 2. LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.5

Can you determine when it stopped working with *these* test builds - has it ever worked with these test LE9/Kodi 18 builds?
(2018-04-29, 17:59)Milhouse Wrote:

Can you determine when it stopped working with *these* test builds - has it ever worked with these test LE9/Kodi 18 builds? 
I most recently am in this topic and installed builds only later 0407. This problem was in all the test builds of KODI 18.
(2018-04-29, 19:17)aleksobs Wrote:
(2018-04-29, 17:59)Milhouse Wrote:

I most recently am in this topic and installed builds only later 0407. This problem was in all the test builds of KODI 18.

The first build that has "broken" fanart in Music > Files is #0120 which includes:
(2018-01-21, 04:56)Milhouse Wrote:
  1. XBMC:
    • Music Artwork Consistently Availlable To GUI (PR:13352, 1 commit, 8 files changed)

Please open a ticket on trac.kodi.tv for the attention of @DaveBlake.
@aleksobs my attention has been gained. Please don't bother with a Trac ticket, I am far more responsive to forum posts than Trac. I'll take a look first thing tomorrow.

I see the player screeshots. Have you added this music to the music library, or are you only using file view? Does fanart and artists thumbs show on the artists node (listing artists)?

If you could upload a copy of your music database - MyMusic70.db - somewhere and PM me a link that would be most helpful.

Ping me in your reply, it also may be clearer to split these posts and move them to the music support forum  rather than clutter this already huge thread.
Thanks DaveBlake.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0429: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: f6016f24a9b259db7e07a1ebc4e7e3a4db006863528a4f683ea1e6621016ce31 (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: b99165de782e0644c31470d5bb110fae7c45f7f4702104d5e5ce6cb14de3aadf (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.14.37 #1 Sun Apr 29 21:04:57 BST 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 26 2018 23:18:12
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version 90a06d6c6299583cfbf40033bbf895a45920fa71 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180429210303-#0429-gc84b177 [Build #0429]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA2 Git:cd6c3fa). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (c84b177, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (04a039d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Systemd 238, libinput 1.10.4, systemd power button handling
  2. [Music]Prefer scraped album covers to embedded images
  3. [PVR] Parental check fix; Profile switch fix
  4. libnfs updates
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • make: fix build against actual host glibc (PR:2672, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • retire DEVTOOLS (PR:2666, 7 commits, 6 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [Music]Prefer scraped album covers to embedded images (PR:13812, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • gui: improve limited color range (PR:13826, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
    • [PVR] Parental check fix; Profile switch fix (PR:13829, 2 commits, 10 files changed)
  3. libnfs:
    • Avoid underflow in readahead when offset < NFS_BLKSIZE (PR:247, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Use MSG_NOSIGNAL when calling send() to avoid SIGPIPE (PR:248, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Allow nfs_closedir to accept a nullptr for the nfs context (PR:250, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Add & export a call to initialize the pagecache (PR:252, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • nfs_opendir_cb should not queue a READDIR on error (PR:249, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Don't use portmapper to discover the port for NFSv4 (456e525)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2572 (perma): update dvb addons
    • Added: [env] PR:2650 (perma): libinput: update to 1.10.4
    • Added: [env] PR:2652 (perma): systemd: update to v238
    • Added: [env] PR:2658 (perma): systemd: don't power off when power button is pressed
(2018-04-28, 23:40)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-04-28, 11:44)agb2 Wrote: To try and pinpoint the problem, I cloned my installation to a fresh partition and renamed .kodi.
I then set the LE config to manually update from the Milhouse LE9 repo. and updated to #427.
I created 2 test profiles, added some media and tried logging on/switching profiles.
With all profiles using Estuary, this works fine.
I then installed Confluence and the common cache addon.
Profile test1 uses Confluence, Master and test2 use Estuary.

Switching to test1 crashed Kodi.
Crashlog here - http://ix.io/18Vp

Thread 1 (Thread 0x6cefc380 (LWP 1924)):
#0 0x00a6a3dc in CPythonInvoker::execute(std:Confusedtring const&, std::vector<std:Confusedtring, std::allocator<std:Confusedtring> > const&) ()
Hope this helps to identify the problem.
I will keep my main installation on #421 and test newer builds in the test installation.

I should add that this is all on a tweaked NOOBS setup, with several Kodi installations, each with their own 16GB partition on a 128GB SSD.
I will make one change to the test installation, as I noticed in the crashlog that it had become the 'master browser', which I do not want.

Thanks, yes - looks to be Python related. @peak3d any ideas?   
 There is may also infinite lock condition, it locks kodi and no more response(actually freeze) and no playback video on youtube addon.
Console still works. only way back control is restart kodi.
(2018-04-30, 00:17)DaveBlake Wrote: @aleksobs my attention has been gained. Please don't bother with a Trac ticket, I am far more responsive to forum posts than Trac. I'll take a look first thing tomorrow.

I see the player screeshots. , or are you only using file view? Does fanart and artists thumbs show on the artists node (listing artists)?

If you could upload a copy of your music database - MyMusic70.db - somewhere and PM me a link that would be most helpful.

Ping me in your reply, it also may be clearer to split these posts and move them to the music support forum  rather than clutter this already huge thread.
Sorry for my English. Thank you for paying attention to my problem.
1. I added this music to the music library.
2. Yes, fanart and artists thumbs show on the artists node (listing artists). Of course not all, but many.
Link to my MyMusic70.db
I just updated from 20180301 to the latest version because netflix and Amazon stopped working. Everything is running fine, except for two things:

- Holding down the up- or down-arrow to scroll through menus is way too fast now (Logitech Harmony @ FLIRC receiver)
- The frame rate of the TV no longer gets adjusted to the video, e.g. my TV stays at 60hz when playing 23.976hz material.
(2018-04-30, 22:06)dantist Wrote: - The frame rate of the TV no longer gets adjusted to the video, e.g. my TV stays at 60hz when playing 23.976hz material.
 Use resolution Whitelist
Crashes and 'slow mo' video going from 0407 to 0429 (Issue appears to be there on 0408 and above)

0407 Build

1. Everything good (omx enabled, mmal enabled) - http://ix.io/1986

0429 Build

Video is unwatchable, either crashes or 'slow mo'

1. Juddery performance (omx enabled, mmal enabled) - http://ix.io/1986
2. crash (omx disabled, mmal enabled) - http://ix.io/198d
3. Juddery performance (omx enabled, mmal disabled) - http://ix.io/198e
4. Juddery performance(omx disabled, mmal disabled) - http://ix.io/198
  • 348(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24