• 363(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
@bleep42 
I just tested builds #0424 and #0425 with that file. Build #0424 does indeed perform much better.
build #0424 = ~10 skipped frames
build #0425 = ~40 skipped frames

Maybe @popcornmix could take a look at that?
Is it possible downgrade somehow libreelec? Just put old version .tar file to .update folder?
(2018-05-18, 00:43)Jezze Wrote: Is it possible downgrade somehow libreelec? Just put old version .tar file to .update folder?
Yes, but depending on your level of downgrading: going from Leia back to Krypton can have unforeseen side effects.
Delete
(2018-05-18, 00:43)Jezze Wrote: Is it possible downgrade somehow libreelec? Just put old version .tar file to .update folder?

Do you mean within these tests builds? If so, Yes. I do it all the time without issue.
I have a new install of the #517 build running on a Raspberry Pi 2. Whenever I try to run an emulated game the kodi I see the option to select an emulator but once selected it crashes and the screen goes black and LibreELEC restarts. 
Here is my crash log: http://ix.io/1aGc and my system log: http://ix.io/1aGd
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0517: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: c6c769ec7e26751c1e8c8efef810f7ee75090eb4fc3029572b8b6fe73f656347 (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 43e376135849e4051969851741d267e30396d38e5dbc18c19d1d8e27fd70f4ed (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.14.41 #1 Thu May 17 21:05:17 BST 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 11 2018 10:25:45
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version aab36c8af1b6215d1b2d704cef981303a2f8022b (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180517210306-#0517-g2417476 [Build #0517]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA2 Git:48f1632). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (2417476, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (48f1632, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.14.41 kernel
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • samba: update to samba-4.8.2 (PR:2705, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • systemd: add patches to fix 3.14 aml (PR:2703, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • xf86-video-nvidia: update to xf86-video-nvidia-390.59 (PR:2704, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • cmake: fix minors (PR:13842, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Provide firewalld service definitions (PR:13845, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • [Win] New log group LOGWINDOWING for event message logging / allow disabling IRServerSuite in advancedsettings (PR:13896, 3 commits, 7 files changed)
    • [Android] add addon getter for main class name (org/xbmc/kodi) (PR:13902, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • vaapi: move setting constants out of CSettings (PR:13887, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • Updated commits in this build:
      • Revert "[omxplayer] Add ability to dump out audio/video data for later debugging" (0dca38f4 => 25afbabb)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2680 (perma): kodi: mid-May 2018
    • Updated: [env] PR:2682 (perma): linux: update to linux-4.14.41
    • Added: [env] PR:2685 (perma): buildsystem: use no-lto, when lto is disabled
    • Added: [env] patch: buildsystem: use no-lto, when lto is disabled (kodi fix)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
So you guys got me paranoid about cpu usage now.

On my rp3 im watching a 1080p video, and watching my cpu via top. Kodi.bin is averaging around 20% cpu. When I exit video and start navigating menus it jumps much higher , 50% or higher , but just briefly. Everything else is negligible. Does that seem normal?

I’m on the latest build 0517.
This morning I upgraded my Pi 3 B+ to build#517. But since build #508 the "Play from here" function doesn't work and after the first chosen video (e.g. from a series season) kodi stops. and after that kodi doesn't Play anymore Video. also i Choose to Play only 1 Video file. after a restart of kodi it's the same again. the latest working "Play from here" Version was build #508.
I dont get it. Example, i start watch movie. Kodi totally freeze with latest libreelec and nothing happens. I can still connect with ssh and check log file and everything seems normal, no errors etc but kodi is freezed.

Edit: i tested many different versions. 0415 is latest what works fine. Example when i use elementum addon and choose episode from list and start playing, nothing happens if version is newer than 0415.
this clip even did not play on vlc. core2duo 
it has really over 100Mbit stream?
@Milhouse can we please concentrate on the really important stuff? With a clip this high it is obvious that a sd card is to slow USB may good but I depends on what controller you are using. Over the Network come on 100Mbit is to slow. The CPU uses 100% these devices are not made for a high quality video like this.

Still no eject disk funktion

skip to next video I working now  

but new. playing a video Kodi won't play another video even LiveTV or music didn't work I do have to restart. No crash.

LOG
(2018-05-17, 00:13)charlieroot Wrote:
(2018-05-16, 08:40)Memphiz Wrote: Pushed down your throats? Unbelievable ...
That would mean that each super market is pushing all the products down our throats just by having them available to be bought? I really can’t understand that attitude.

I started to dislike games when every media device (smart-phones, smart-tv's, DVB-S/T/C tuners to name a few) had to have games pre installed. Why? Why would you want games on your smart-tv? Or cable tuner?

You can't uninstall those games, those pre installed games use resources, those games are a security risk because of poor programming (not always but very often) just to name a few reasons why I do not like pre installed games. Now Kodi is starting to pre install game repo's you can't uninstall, which use resources and are a security risk (why do all repo's use http?). Again, why?

So, just a question, not an attitude thank you very much.

Regs anyway,

I can’t tell you why - but the switch to more secure repositories is in the works (including usage of https).

Not quite sure how exactly repos are a security risk if you ignore them. They should do nothing just because they are installed.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Quote: but the switch to more secure repositories is in the works (including usage of https). 

Maybe someone can help me set up my server to more secure https. I don't know how.

But really I´ll say it again. These are Problems of only a single or small group of users. If these users have Problems with Repos that can't be deleted than switch to OSMC this is fully configurable And maybe a better solution to them, instead of moaning.  We should try to help making Libreelec 9 better and find bugs so Milhouse can fix them. He is doing an incredible Job and all for nothing, more or less.
(2018-05-18, 12:23)tjost Wrote: Still no eject disk funktion

skip to next video I working now  

but new. playing a video Kodi won't play another video even LiveTV or music didn't work I do have to restart. No crash.

When did the Eject issue start (you may have mentioned this already - sorry).

Does the drive have a manual eject (in case the disk is stuck)? My USB drive doesn't have an eject mechanism, unfortunately.

(2018-05-18, 12:23)tjost Wrote: but new. playing a video Kodi won't play another video even LiveTV or music didn't work I do have to restart. No crash.

LOG

I'm not seeing anything relevant in the log, unfortunately.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-05-18, 12:20)Jezze Wrote: I dont get it. Example, i start watch movie. Kodi totally freeze with latest libreelec and nothing happens. I can still connect with ssh and check log file and everything seems normal, no errors etc but kodi is freezed.

Edit: i tested many different versions. 0415 is latest what works fine. Example when i use elementum addon and choose episode from list and start playing, nothing happens if version is newer than 0415.

You can force a crash as I have explained, and then upload the crash log. You should also be aware the Elementum is a fork of Quasar (which is on the banned add-ons list) - it would be best for you to reproduce the problem without dodgey add-ons installed.
  • 363(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24