• 377(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-06-04, 08:17)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-06-04, 06:24)3DBuff Wrote: After database upgrade it won't recognize some movies even after reversing back to previous builds. The same movies will work just fine when scanned with new build of Kodi using fresh copy of official Kodi 17 with upgrade to #0602.

The old upgraded database flashes file name quickly during the scan and Kodi moves to the next file. I don't think this it's the naming. It works OK with official Kodi 17 even after upgrade to #0602.
If there is an issue with database upgrade since #0602 other people should see it shortly. Movies scanned by the previous version of Kodi are fine after upgrade. Only the ones scanned into #0602 are showing problem. If you change filename slightly on the existing movie and allow #0602 to re-scan it again it will produce this issue. One of them is Gringo.2018.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-FGT.mkv. Another is Tomb Raider and others but not all.

The upgrade of database was quick and without any errors.

I can't identify the first build. Everything worked until I upgraded today to #0602. After upgrade to #0602 some new movies scanned into #0602 were not recognized. They were still not recognized even if I reversed the upgrade to previously used April builds. I removed the source location and deleted associated records. After adding it back to #0602 I ended up with more unrecognized movies. The same thing happened with previously working build #0407. After database upgrade the #0407 is not scanning the movies that worked before the upgrade.

Can anybody check it. Just change something in the filename and rescan with #0602 or grater. It needs to be older database. Once you rename the filename and turn it into unrecognized press "I" for info.

Maybe it's just me or something on my system. It happened before Wink

I'm confused as you seem to be saying (based on your posts) that this issue is present in #0602 (which included a db upgrade to v110), #0601 (old v109 db), and previous builds (presumably all based on v109, if they're older than #1214), while also claiming these builds are/were working. What build did you upgrade from, the one that was working? And if you go back to that version, does it now work, or not? If not, then I'd say it never worked, or something else has changed (outside of Kodi) which now causes the scan to not work.

If previous builds (prior to #0602) have this issue then the latest video database upgrade (from v109 to v110) has no bearing and we can safely rule that out.

Please try backing up your existing MyVideos109.db, enabling debug and then scanning your new movies into #0601 - do they now appear? If not then please post your #0601 debug log which includes the scan, and details of at least one missing movie.

Also, what filesystem are you using to store the movies - exFAT, NTFS, ext4?

I created a new movie, and #0603 scanned it without any issue (I'm using MySQL, which may or may not be important).

@Milhouse, it must be my issue or other people would report it by now.

I know what you are saying to reverse the upgrade and find which one is the one causing the issue. The problem is that it worked until the upgrade and it doesn't after upgrade even if I reverse the upgrade back. I haven't tried backing up the database but I don't have working copy anymore. It is local database on RPi and files on NAS SMB NTFS.

I had 3 scenarios:

1. Working fine #0407 RPi on the TV. I upgraded to #0602 and scanned new movies. Some of the movies didn't scan. I removed the source, deleted associated entries and scan in again. More movies were unrecognized. Reversed the upgrade to #0407, deleted the source and scanned in again. The same thing, the same movies were unrecognized.

2. Separate RPi on projector working fine #0405. I scanned new movies first. All OK. Upgraded to #0602. No issues all looking good. Changed slightly filename in one of the questionable movies. It turned into unrecognized movie. Won't scan it again. There is no menu coming up where I can adjust manually the title. I renamed the file back to original and it appeared correct with the poster. All under #0602.

3. I made quick fresh SD card with official Kodi 17. Scanned the files in without any problems. Upgraded to #0602. Rename one file. No issues. Window pups up with manual selection of related title.

I also have another media box with Kodi 17 working without issues.
Hi Popcornmix,
How much of a performance hit should I expect from these new firmware fixes "New firmware (fixes for borderline RPi3+ boards)" ?
I'm again seeing a relativly large degredation in HVEC decoding; using top I'm peeking at 300-315% CPU using #0530
and 360-375% CPU using #0603 for replaying the same video file, I've misses out the versions inbetween because of the problems with schmoo.
I do have a relativley high ram overclock (which is perfectly stable) on my Pi3B+ of 730MHz, as it seems that it's the memory paramaters that are being tweaked by the firmware fix.
arm_freq=1420
over_voltage=3
force_turbo=1
core_freq=560
gpu_freq=510

disable_pvt=1
sdram_freq=730
sdram_schmoo=0x02000020
over_voltage_sdram_p=6
over_voltage_sdram_i=4
over_voltage_sdram_c=4

Thanks for any insight.
Regards, Kevin.
(2018-06-04, 18:12)bleep42 Wrote: Hi Popcornmix,
How much of a performance hit should I expect from these new firmware fixes "New firmware (fixes for borderline RPi3+ boards)" ?

The only change I'd expect could be measurable is the threshold for switching between 1.4GHz and 1.2GHz.
This is actually unlikely to effect HEVC decode as arm isn't typically maxed, but may show a higher percentage of arm CPU used.
(e.g. 900MHz used of 1200 = 75% versus 900MHz used of 1400 = 64%).

You can add "temp_soft_limit=70" to config.txt to revert to the previous behaviour.
(2018-06-04, 18:22)popcornmix Wrote:
(2018-06-04, 18:12)bleep42 Wrote: Hi Popcornmix,

The only change I'd expect could be measurable is the threshold for switching between 1.4GHz and 1.2GHz.
This is actually unlikely to effect HEVC decode as arm isn't typically maxed, but may show a higher percentage of arm CPU used.
(e.g. 900MHz used of 1200 = 75% versus 900MHz used of 1400 = 64%).

You can add "temp_soft_limit=70" to config.txt to revert to the previous behaviour. 
Thanks, I'll add the extra temp paramater and check again.
I suspect you are correct, as the temp does go up fairly quickly when pushing it and I wasn't specifically monitoring that. :-(
Regards, Kevin.
(2018-06-04, 13:28)aleksobs Wrote:
Quote:As far as I can see Estuary does not have the menu entry "Interface Settings -- Skin -- Configure Skin -- Add-on Shortcuts" like Confluence have. After updating to #602 the shortcuts are gone and it is not possible to create them again.
I confirm this bug. But it is not so significant.

OK, but it's not a bug - it's an Estuary feature request, right? There's a thread for that.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-06-04, 17:24)3DBuff Wrote: @Milhouse, it must be my issue or other people would report it by now.

I know what you are saying to reverse the upgrade and find which one is the one causing the issue. The problem is that it worked until the upgrade and it doesn't after upgrade even if I reverse the upgrade back. I haven't tried backing up the database but I don't have working copy anymore. It is local database on RPi and files on NAS SMB NTFS.

I had 3 scenarios:

1. Working fine #0407 RPi on the TV. I upgraded to #0602 and scanned new movies. Some of the movies didn't scan. I removed the source, deleted associated entries and scan in again. More movies were unrecognized. Reversed the upgrade to #0407, deleted the source and scanned in again. The same thing, the same movies were unrecognized.

2. Separate RPi on projector working fine #0405. I scanned new movies first. All OK. Upgraded to #0602. No issues all looking good. Changed slightly filename in one of the questionable movies. It turned into unrecognized movie. Won't scan it again. There is no menu coming up where I can adjust manually the title. I renamed the file back to original and it appeared correct with the poster. All under #0602.

3. I made quick fresh SD card with official Kodi 17. Scanned the files in without any problems. Upgraded to #0602. Rename one file. No issues. Window pups up with manual selection of related title.

I also have another media box with Kodi 17 working without issues.

Not really sure what to suggest. It sounds like a corruption of some sort, but it's unlikely to be database related as the db migration in #0602 doesn't change your old v109 database, it only creates a new v110 database so that when you go back to an older pre-#0602 build it will be using your old (apparently working) v109 database again.

I could understand if the v110 db was giving you problems, but not when you go back to your v109 database and that also now has problems - this is what confuses me, as something else must have changed and it's not the database. My only thoughts are that perhaps a setting has become corrupted - try a fresh guisettings.xml - or a source has changed in some way, or something else outside of Kodi is behaving differently (maybe a scraper website is playing up?)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
If that’s the case of new copy of databases v110 I should be able to go back and export database and Kodi settings. Import to fresh new SD with #0603 and see if this works. Maybe it needed a fresh new base to work with after few years of upgrades. I don’t think it was TMDB. I tested it with both scrapers. I also have the same problem on both Pi’s after recent upgrade. Definitely something in my system. Nobody else seems to have issue with it Wink
Database issue - some movies are not scanning in.

Here is the result of my experiment.

Raspberry Pi with defective Kodi / database
- Rolled back to #0531
- Created export of Video Library
- Created system and Kodi Backup from LibreELEC function

New SD chip with fresh #0603
- movies scanned in and tested again - all OK
- imported Video Library - check questionable movie by renaming of the file - OK, no issues, scans back in with manual title option.
- restored system and Kodi from Backup
- check version, still #0603
- some movies were missing from the list
- Info function from the file explorer generates pupup "Loading ...." and "No information found!" with option to click OK only. No manual title selection box or a way to scan the movie into the list.

By creating system and Kodi backup and restore I successfully transferred the issue from the old chip to the new one Wink

Looks like only one option left. Redo it all from scratch not from backups Wink
Sad 
Hello.
All the new builds from milhouse have one problem. The search in some addons dont work. Can someone help me
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0604: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 9a6e956d83859fec8743147455f4b63017546c1eed15a51e5d92cc1613a36e08 (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: abf30bcd205b55240c1ab61384d17bce6c3bb68de6a82045e194c584c5a1b15d (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.14.44 #1 Tue Jun 5 04:39:28 BST 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jun 3 2018 10:02:47
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version d22ba6022500dfc98835c2ffc094d3575430ef03 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180605043720-#0604-g01391bb [Build #0604]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA2 Git:593949a). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (01391bb, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (05a868b, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. gcc: update to 8.1
  2. [guiinfo] Fix after 2cef6e4 - skin.string label broken. (kodi)
  3. Sync BCM4345C0.hcd
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • pngquant: update to pngquant-2.12.0 (PR:2751, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • enable LTO only for selected packages (PR:2731, 58 commits, 56 files changed)
    • network-tools add-on buildfix (PR:2736, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • pulseaudio: remove fix and cleanup (PR:2735, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • gcc: update to 8.1 (PR:2718, 9 commits, 14 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • Fix whitelistable resolutions on some platforms (PR:13904, 4 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [d3d11] fix crash on some platforms in case of 10bit swap chain (PR:13974, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
    • Remove CGUIWindowLoginScreen::LoadProfile() (PR:13972, 6 commits, 12 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: pulseaudio: fix build with av_get_cpu_flags
    • Added: [pkg] 3c32db57: [guiinfo] Fix after 2cef6e4 - skin.string label broken. (kodi)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:8 (perma): Sync BCM4345C0.hcd (brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-rpi)
(2018-06-05, 06:31)j.g.67 Wrote: Hello.
All the new builds from milhouse have one problem. The search in some addons dont work. Can someone help me

Can you be more specific?
(2018-06-05, 06:31)j.g.67 Wrote: Hello.

Broken since 0422. 0421 last build that searches without freezing or rebooting. I’ve been away for a while with work and don’t know if any recent builds have worked however I know I left 0421 which was running well.
Reported Skin Live Tv Mod Setting Bug is gone in 0604
The problem with search is in Exodus placenta convenant and more . In build 320 is all okay.
(2018-06-05, 13:51)j.g.67 Wrote: The problem with search is in Exodus placenta convenant and more . In build 320 is all okay.
No, the problem is with you. You are apparently not reading and accepting the forum rules (wiki) that specify that there is a zero-tolerance when it comes to banned addons providing illegal access to video streams.

TL : DR; No support for people with Kodi systems infested with banned add-ons.
  • 377(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24