• 384(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-06-14, 02:50)smp1 Wrote: Kernel 4.9.80 with softirq patch is the last kernel that doesn't give me audio dropouts when recording (and watching at the same time) a TV channel. 4.17 is just as bad as 4.14.x.

Which is weird, as we have the ksoftirq fix from Linus Torvalds in both 4.14.y and 4.17.y.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-06-14, 03:22)Milhouse Wrote: Which is weird, as we have the ksoftirq fix from Linus Torvalds in both 4.14.y and 4.17.y. 
The audio dropouts issue is unrelated. It started with kernel 4.10 and it seem to be Pi-specific (I was unable to reproduce on a PC). I posted about it here.
(2018-06-13, 12:49)Halloway Wrote: Crash & restart when playing folder with FLAC music files. #0611

I've been experiencing this on and off over the past couple of weeks but haven't been able to repeat reliably it until now. I go to Music > Files > Music NAS (the name I gave the Music folder on my SMB NAS) and then select an album folder and try to play it by pressing the 'P' key. KODI looks like it is going to play the first track but then the screen goes dark and a few seconds later reboots. I can play the same files OK if I open the folder and then select the first track.
@Halloway is it likely when this happens that the NAS drive is asleep, or that the first file to play is somehow inaccessible?

Also happening from fileview, but has that music been scanned into the music library as well?

There are two issues we are looking into: one is crash on playback of inaccessible files; the other relates to both player and media window trying to use busy dialog at the same time e.g. play next track happens at same time user browses songs node (that takes time to load). Just wondering if what you have seen is one of these, or have a 3rd issue?
@DaveBlake I got the music folder crash both when playing from SSD on my linux laptop and when playing from SD card on RPi3B+. Didn't make a difference if the folder was scanned into the library or not.

On my laptop I just had a single folder of mp3s in $HOME/Music/

so long,

Hias
(2018-06-14, 15:02)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2018-06-13, 12:49)Halloway Wrote: Crash & restart when playing folder with FLAC music files. #0611

I've been experiencing this on and off over the past couple of weeks but haven't been able to repeat reliably it until now. I go to Music > Files > Music NAS (the name I gave the Music folder on my SMB NAS) and then select an album folder and try to play it by pressing the 'P' key. KODI looks like it is going to play the first track but then the screen goes dark and a few seconds later reboots. I can play the same files OK if I open the folder and then select the first track.
@Halloway is it likely when this happens that the NAS drive is asleep, or that the first file to play is somehow inaccessible?

Also happening from fileview, but has that music been scanned into the music library as well?

There are two issues we are looking into: one is crash on playback of inaccessible files; the other relates to both player and media window trying to use busy dialog at the same time e.g. play next track happens at same time user browses songs node (that takes time to load). Just wondering if what you have seen is one of these, or have a 3rd issue? 

I'd have to check to be certain but yes, it's possible that Kodi is trying to access a sleeping NAS. I've noticed that the NAS does take a little time to get going sometimes so it's very possible that that is a factor. Obviously it's a tricky thing to test but I'll see what I can do, and I'll have a look at the music library thing as well. Only some of the music on the NAS is in the library, mainly because I'm in the initial stages of copying music onto the NAS and into Kodi.

Regards,
H.
Hello @Milhouse 

Since today morning Netflix does not work anymore. I have a fresh install on my RPi3b+

When i start the addon, i get an error message "Request error"

Here the debug_log

http://ix.io/1dlX

Don't know what happend Sad Yesterday evening it worked.
(2018-06-14, 18:54)wintux Wrote: Hello @Milhouse 

Since today morning Netflix does not work anymore. I have a fresh install on my RPi3b+

Here the debug_log

http://ix.io/1dlV

Check the Netflix addon github - a fix has already been released, 0.13.9.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-06-14, 18:54)wintux Wrote: Hello @Milhouse 

When i start the addon, i get an error message "Request error"

Here the debug_log

http://ix.io/1dlX

Okay asciidisco fixed it. New Version from Netflix is now available an github.

@Milhouse you where faster than i.
about 15 min, i could swear there was no update .... o.O
@Milhouse,

I start a picture slideshow and press the Info key (I), the system restart.
Thanks for your attention.

Here are the logs, I guess:
http://ix.io/1dmH
(2018-06-14, 15:07)HiassofT Wrote: @DaveBlake I got the music folder crash both when playing from SSD on my linux laptop and when playing from SD card on RPi3B+. Didn't make a difference if the folder was scanned into the library or not.

On my laptop I just had a single folder of mp3s in $HOME/Music/

so long,

Hias
I have the same, USB HDD, RPi3B+.
(2018-06-14, 02:24)Milhouse Wrote: Experimental Linux 4.17.1 build #0613x: RPi / RPi2

This is an experimental 4.17.y release to get an idea of how it performs, discover any (unknown) issues, and will inform our decision whether to continue with 4.14.y or switch back to a mainline kernel for the LE9 release.

Changes:
text:

Updated Realtek drivers
Packages disabled/not included:
text:

DVB Driver Addons
Spinelplus support
Known issues:
text:

Known USB and FIQ performance issues
Hi Milhouse,
Thanks you a lot for your effort

I'm testing the build with kernel 4.17 on my Pi3 and all is workig fine here. I can't note any performance regression.
- Live TV with Sundtek USB DVB-C
- Play Blu-Ray MKV from USB HD
(2018-06-14, 22:34)herrmeier01 Wrote: I'm testing the build with kernel 4.17 on my Pi3 and all is workig fine here. I can't note any performance regression.
- Live TV with Sundtek USB DVB-C
- Play Blu-Ray MKV from USB HD

Great, thanks! The FIQ issues will be resolved in the next 4.17.y test build now that this fix has been merged: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/com...001a6ac354
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0614: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 5a28a1d4ae03c0178508933f0ef7af9b6ae1383e99687cba1c1a20bc6d81e93c (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 460c12bc319bd3017ad22ff5cd3ef41e05a690a98b67037d507ec47137b0147b (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.14.49 #1 Thu Jun 14 21:06:24 BST 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jun 7 2018 15:37:30
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version 4800f08a139d6ca1c5ecbee345ea6682e2160881 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180614210404-#0614-g83c436f [Build #0614]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA2 Git:37f55e6). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (83c436f, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (182196b, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. VideoPlayer: ffmpeg - make sure not to return eof as long nothing was added
  2. Remove unused Rendersystem methods
  3. Display #channels in audio selection list
  4. [GLES] update rendering method to use CPictureBuffer
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • build: only use gnu-style hash table in binaries (PR:2748, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • tinc: update to 1.1pre16 (PR:2774, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • init: strip leading / from BOOT_IMAGE & DISK_IMAGE, normalising for all projects (PR:2770, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Python2: update to Python2-2.7.15, bump Python-related packages (PR:2725, 15 commits, 17 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • Games: Fix segfault when opening a game (PR:14018, 2 commits, 13 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: ffmpeg - make sure not to return eof as long nothing was added (PR:14040, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Remove unused Rendersystem methods (PR:14031, 2 commits, 9 files changed)
    • Display #channels in audio selection list (PR:14042, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [GLES] update rendering method to use CPictureBuffer (PR:14029, 4 commits, 5 files changed)
    • Do not reuse pvr channel string (PR:14043, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • center -> centre revert / lowercase channels (PR:14044, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cleanup] silence unused variable warning (PR:14045, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Cleanup of various virtual destructors (PR:14033, 36 commits, 40 files changed)
  3. pvr.dvbviewer:
    • rewrite threaded part of timeshift buffer (327d0a8)
    • Make use of default member initializers (e84ce1f)
    • appveyor linux builds (b2f0d35)
    • remove A600 from maintainers (8ce8055)
    • Fix backend info shown in Kodi (1be2b93)
    • Fix memleak with GetLocalizedString (4804c1e)
    • Fix compile warnings, be more verbose and enable debug builds (45ac9a9)
    • This is no unstable software (19276a9)
    • Use PVR_STRCPY instead of strncpy (c9502ae)
    • Implement auto timers (c413bf8)
    • do RelWithDebInfo builds for windows (c723f19)
    • AutoTimers: Hardcode default priority (for now) (3894af2)
    • Enable autotimer backend version check (1059502)
    • AutoTimers: add deduplication properties (6f1044d)
    • Remove ifdef guards (29b3f75)
    • Add settings class (8bcae0a)
    • Move global settings to settings class (c77b831)
    • Fix parsing of backend settings (de6f322)
    • Bump version to 3.6.0 (f01e52c)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2772 (perma): linux: update to linux-4.14.49
(2018-06-13, 21:51)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-06-13, 18:00)-DH- Wrote:
(2018-06-13, 00:22)Milhouse Wrote: Can you compare build #0429 with #0428? #0429 is when we updated libinput.

Can you also compare #0423 with #0422? #0423 includes PR13176 which adds the libinput backend for non window system platforms.

You may need to confirm or reconfigure your keyboard settings with each build, as the settings may not migrate correctly when upgrading or downgrading. It may also be worth rebooting after changing keyboard layout.

Edit: Also try comparing #0302 with #0301 but be warned: these #030x builds will not boot the Pi3+ (as they pre-date the Pi3+ launch).

After an hour having fun with updates and restarts I can say it starts with #417, #416 is working. Checked that twice.

Thanks - looks like my initial analysis was a little half-baked, as we'd already included the libinput changes in #0422 since #0417. OK, that's something to think on... not sure if this is an LE issue, or a Kodi issue, or a bit of both.

Just a small update: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...-397497347 - for non-X11 systems (ie. RPi) Kodi isn't being told to use the configured keyboard layout, but we're not yet sure how best to tell it to Kodi... investigations continue.
(2018-06-14, 02:24)Milhouse Wrote: Experimental Linux 4.17.1 build #0613x: RPi / RPi2

This is an experimental 4.17.y release to get an idea of how it performs, discover any (unknown) issues, and will inform our decision whether to continue with 4.14.y or switch back to a mainline kernel for the LE9 release.

Changes:
text:

Updated Realtek drivers
Packages disabled/not included:
text:

DVB Driver Addons
Spinelplus support
Known issues:
text:

Known USB and FIQ performance issues
Well I would prefer the mainline kernel. I mean why should you stuck with the LTS one when there are some major improvements in the current one (i.e. better gpu driver, less watts)?

Under my Raspi 3 I can tell so far, that
- Amazon VOD'S works, GUI seems to be quicker/ huge GUI speed bump
- Amazon App (with local DB) doesn't work at all:
    Menu loop (never lists movies or plays em, I stuck in the movie or series menu "genre, new arrived, years, et cetera)
    DB Update not possible (Alert again)
- Zattoo HiQ works, semms like same speed bump in the GUI like Amazon VOD
- MediathekVIew works, Live Stream seems to load kinda slower, but not annoying
- 7TV-Live works, same speed bump like Zattoo HiQ and Amazon VOD
- Access to a SMB-Share under linux with SMBv1 only. If you lift up the protocol version to v2 or v3 you get a failure like "(Error NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL)" or "protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_NETWORK_RESPONSE"

To sum up:
I like the test build with kernel 4.17 and would love to see more builds of it in the future Smile. Good job @Milhouse 

Log here: https://privatebin.net/?fa5b44e88e490394...HjiUbIhooM=
  • 384(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24