• 453(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1122: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 6c1e88db38252bcac67832c563886b1b655a668c82c0a8ec8f8b56cec01839b1 (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 5c9fd705bdb2371c8faaa9289986d428d66d821bc91694f2e679d0e01e262942 (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.19.3 #1 Thu Nov 22 21:03:22 GMT 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Nov 4 2018 16:35:17
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version ed5baf9520a3c4ca82ba38594b898f0c0446da66 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181122210216-#1122-ga4fe4d9 [Build #1122]

# Kodi version
(18.0-RC2 Git:5478a4c). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (a4fe4d9, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (5478a4c, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. pvr.dvbviewer updates
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • buildsystem: printf conversion to function (PR:3109, 14 commits, 11 files changed)
    • kodi: update to 18.0rc1 (PR:3117, 5 commits, 2 files changed)
    • alsa: update lib/utils/plugins to 1.1.7 (PR:3114, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • iptables: update to iptables-1.8.2 (PR:3089, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • visualization.projectm: update to e6c5ab3 (PR:3099, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. pvr.dvbviewer:
    • Fix some conversation warnings (d8b3f35)
    • Implement GetStreamTimes for ongoing recordings (2e94d0c)
    • Timers: Use Recordstat-Element to determine real recording start time (3363bb2)
    • Fix appveyor artifacts upload (0ee7530)
    • Bump version to 3.7.6 (6feff99)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:3118 (perma): xf86-video-nvidia: fix libglx_nvidia.so
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-11-22, 12:32)Milhouse Wrote: the ARMv8 performance benefit is not significant (from past testing, 10-15% or less compared with ARMv7),  
significant is such a subjective term. I'd call a 10-15% gain from software with no change in hardware very significant.
People pay hundreds on a new phone, or thousands on a new computer for a 10-15% hardware CPU gain. To get that from nothing more than software on existing hardware, is truly significant.
Hi,

I tried retroplayer on libreelec (rpi3b+) and it is working great meanwhile for PS1 Kodi restart every time. Somebody have the same issue or it is just me?

I saw also FBAlpha is not present on the choice in the repository do you plan to add it ?

Thanks for your help !
Wwark
(2018-11-23, 04:24)J_E_F_F Wrote:
(2018-11-22, 12:32)Milhouse Wrote: the ARMv8 performance benefit is not significant (from past testing, 10-15% or less compared with ARMv7),  
significant is such a subjective term. I'd call a 10-15% gain from software with no change in hardware very significant.
People pay hundreds on a new phone, or thousands on a new computer for a 10-15% hardware CPU gain. To get that from nothing more than software on existing hardware, is truly significant.  
 All the features of rpi userland can't be built for 64bit atm (the most important being *GL and OMX/mmal), because vc4 is actually 32bit and making userland fully compatible and working with aarch64 would require insane amount of time and tons of elaborate hacks,
and AFAIK this is not a priority for RPF.
10-15% gain of what?
ATM Kodi-rpi won't work (or even build) on a pure aarch64 OS, so there is nothing to be gained.
There may be a generic approach by using mesa vc4 GL drivers and Xorg, but currently in such configuration there would be no hw video decoding, which again makes it almost pointless.
(2018-11-23, 11:10)wwark Wrote: I tried retroplayer on libreelec (rpi3b+) and it is working great meanwhile for PS1 Kodi restart every time. Somebody have the same issue or it is just me?

Where's your crash log? Or report it in the Retroplayer thread.

(2018-11-23, 11:10)wwark Wrote: I saw also FBAlpha is not present on the choice in the repository do you plan to add it ?

What is FBAlpha, what repository?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-11-23, 04:24)J_E_F_F Wrote:

We'd love to achieve a 10-15% performance gain from a simple compilation switch, if only it were that simple!

Adding a new ARMv8 RPi architecture would mean supporting a completely new device ("RPi3" in addition to the existing RPi ARMv6 and RPi2 ARMv7 devices) with a dedicated RPi3 ARMv8 build and associated RPi3 ARMv8 binary addons. That is an enormous challenge for a team that operates solely on donations and volunteer effort. And that's without considering all the issues that come with a 100% ARMv8 64-bit (aarch64) build, which basically means it's not currently possible without breaking a lot of required stuff, so the best that could be achieved is a hybrid 64-bit kernel/32-bit userland, which isn't really that great as a choice, or a significant move forward. It would be creating the ARMv8 build for the sake of it, generating a lot more work, without achieving anything significant or worthwhile.

When testing ARMv8 over 2-3 years ago I only tested ffmpeg performance, which was probably 32-bit. I don't actually remember the precise numbers now, which is why is said "10-15% or less" but I would emphasise the "or less" part as the gains were small.

So yes, it is entirely subjective but given the choice of supporting what would effectively be a new device on an immature arch with a very modest performance gain - all of which requires more compute time for build cycles, more storage, and more forum discussion about ARMv8 specific bugs/issues - or recommending a small ARM overclock, the choice was obvious!
I think the issue I have for PS1 is related to this PR https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14924 (it will maybe fix this issue). I will try to launch the game without the bios this evening.

I did a search and found the binary addon of FBAlpha in libreelec (https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...ro.fbalpha) but it is not present in libreelec repository used for rasberrypi.

Thanks,
Wwark.
(2018-11-23, 18:11)wwark Wrote: I think the issue I have for PS1 is related to this PR https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14924 (it will maybe fix this issue). I will try to launch the game without the bios this evening.

I've added PR14924 to tonight's build, so test PS1 with your BIOS and #1123 later tonight, and see if it's any better.

(2018-11-23, 18:11)wwark Wrote: I did a search and found the binary addon of FBAlpha in libreelec (https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...ro.fbalpha) but it is not present in libreelec repository used for rasberrypi.

Ah OK, fbalpha was only added to the LE tree 9 days ago - it probably still needs to be built. I imagine that will happen with 8.90.008 which is going to be released in the next few days.

Edit: Actually it's much older than that, and it's there in the Generic (x86_64) repo.

I'm asking the LE team if there's a problem with the RPi2 builds of fbalpha. Will get back to you when I know more.
@Milhouse Thanks for the updates.

I've done a test without the bios and no more restart of Kodi. I will try tomorrow to test the next nightly.

Wwark.
@wwark the current fbalpha package fails to build for ARM, it's something that will be looked into.
I've just setup my RPI 3B+ with LibreElec 17.6. I'm using it with the official PSU that I was using with the RPI2 but I'm seeing the warning lightning bolt on screen a lot, so before I update to the latest testbuild is there anything I can set in the config.txt that will solve whatever problem that's indicating? The only USB device I have plugged in is the IR receiver and I'm using an Ethernet cable at the moment.

The log shows this for the config currently:
Code:
                                            arm_freq=1400
                                            audio_pwm_mode=514
                                            config_hdmi_boost=5
                                            core_freq=400
                                            desired_osc_freq=0x33e140
                                            desired_osc_freq_boost=0x3c45b0
                                            disable_commandline_tags=2
                                            disable_l2cache=1
                                            display_hdmi_rotate=-1
                                            display_lcd_rotate=-1
                                            force_eeprom_read=1
                                            force_pwm_open=1
                                            framebuffer_ignore_alpha=1
                                            framebuffer_swap=1
                                            gpu_freq=300
                                            hdmi_channel_map=8
                                            hdmi_edid_file=1
                                            hdmi_force_cec_address=65535
                                            hdmi_force_hotplug=1
                                            hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
                                            init_uart_clock=0x2dc6c00
                                            lcd_framerate=60
                                            over_voltage_avs=62500
                                            over_voltage_avs_boost=0x2932e
                                            over_voltage_sdram_p=2
                                            overscan_bottom=48
                                            overscan_left=48
                                            overscan_right=48
                                            overscan_top=48
                                            pause_burst_frames=1
                                            program_serial_random=1
                                            sdram_freq=500
                                            sdram_schmoo=0x2000020
(2018-11-23, 23:56)doveman2 Wrote: I've just setup my RPI 3B+ with LibreElec 17.6. I'm using it with the official PSU that I was using with the RPI2 but I'm seeing the warning lightning bolt on screen a lot, so before I update to the latest testbuild is there anything I can set in the config.txt that will solve whatever problem that's indicating? The only USB device I have plugged in is the IR receiver and I'm using an Ethernet cable at the moment.

The log shows this for the config currently:
Code:
                                            arm_freq=1400
                                            audio_pwm_mode=514
                                            config_hdmi_boost=5
                                            core_freq=400
                                            desired_osc_freq=0x33e140
                                            desired_osc_freq_boost=0x3c45b0
                                            disable_commandline_tags=2
                                            disable_l2cache=1
                                            display_hdmi_rotate=-1
                                            display_lcd_rotate=-1
                                            force_eeprom_read=1
                                            force_pwm_open=1
                                            framebuffer_ignore_alpha=1
                                            framebuffer_swap=1
                                            gpu_freq=300
                                            hdmi_channel_map=8
                                            hdmi_edid_file=1
                                            hdmi_force_cec_address=65535
                                            hdmi_force_hotplug=1
                                            hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
                                            init_uart_clock=0x2dc6c00
                                            lcd_framerate=60
                                            over_voltage_avs=62500
                                            over_voltage_avs_boost=0x2932e
                                            over_voltage_sdram_p=2
                                            overscan_bottom=48
                                            overscan_left=48
                                            overscan_right=48
                                            overscan_top=48
                                            pause_burst_frames=1
                                            program_serial_random=1
                                            sdram_freq=500
                                            sdram_schmoo=0x2000020
avoid_warnings=1
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1123: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 26f7957f580b59d7747d308eae4ee7eb3986be8625952ae841a1708034eb2202 (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 0f19b6b6763affa0a5116749b6fd8eb86634b0ad56325ff505ad2d056dacad32 (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.19.4 #1 Fri Nov 23 21:03:24 GMT 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Nov 4 2018 16:35:17
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version ed5baf9520a3c4ca82ba38594b898f0c0446da66 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181123210219-#1123-gcf48bb0 [Build #1123]

# Kodi version
(18.0-RC2 Git:ead4000). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (cf48bb0, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (ead4000, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.19.4 kernel
  2. pvr.vuplus startup fix
  3. VideoPlayer: fix state of a/v players after switching refresh rate
  4. Fix crash in PCSX ReARMed with BIOS
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • scripts/mkimage: die is unknown; exit 1 (PR:3121, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • xf86-video-nvidia: fix libglx_nvidia.so (PR:3118, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: fix state of a/v players after switching refresh rate (PR:14921, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Estuary] Adjust eventlog entry height so that it can display two full lines of text. (PR:14923, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [lang][kodi.core] automatic syntax corrections for the en_GB language file (98ad65e)
    • [lang][skin.estuary] updated language files from Transifex (3f5a4c6)
    • [lang][skin.estouchy] updated language files from Transifex (8dfbf79)
  3. pvr.argustv:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (83aa1e9)
  4. pvr.dvblink:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (c2c799d)
  5. pvr.dvbviewer:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (cda813e)
  6. pvr.filmon:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (e850633)
  7. pvr.hts:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (6a12442)
  8. pvr.mediaportal.tvserver:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (b17fdad)
  9. pvr.nextpvr:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (ccdfd63)
  10. pvr.pctv:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (b60b971)
  11. pvr.vuplus:
    • No startup fix (PR:135, 0 commits, 0 files changed)
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (f7f92af)
  12. pvr.wmc:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (81e2090)
  13. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:3084 (perma): linux (RPi/Generic): update to linux-4.19.4
    • Added: [pkg] PR:14924 (perma): [games] Fix crash in PCSX ReARMed with BIOS
(2018-11-24, 00:51)bmonster Wrote: avoid_warnings=1

Although that doesn't really "solve" the problem, it just masks it by hiding the low voltage warning.

@doveman2: Either your PSU is failing, or there's a bug in the firmware (not sure which version of LibreELEC 8.x you are using as 8.2.1 to 8.2.5 have all been based on Kodi 17.6).

You should test these latest builds without the config setting, and if you still have an issue with the lightning bolt then I would suggest a new PSU.
Good evening, I have a problem with the beta. If I watch iptv and after a few hours watching a movie by emby, LibreELEC responds very slowly and the RAM is consumed up to about 50mb. Either it freezes or it restarts. I have the problem at least once a day. The problem exists even if I watch iptv in the morning and would like to keep watching in the evening. Then I have the problem too. Why is that? Do you have an idea? Very sorry for my Bad English
  • 453(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24