• 15(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2016-12-31, 21:29)ptr727 Wrote: This one sounds promising:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97330

I'd love for an "Intel Expert" to chime in here on what next steps to take?

I've included the patch referenced in that bug in build #0101 - can you give it a try and see if it has any effect (positive or negative)?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi,

are Apollo lake nucs already supported in the current milhouse builds?

Greetings,
Chris
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
Yes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
thanks.

... just a quick an additional quick question: wich apollo lake nuc would you recommend? or should i better go for an kaby lake nuc?
or is n3150 still the way to go?
(2017-01-02, 12:03)ix400 Wrote: thanks.

... just a quick an additional quick question: wich apollo lake nuc would you recommend? or should i better go for an kaby lake nuc?

If you don't play games. Apollo Lake is sufficient for all hevc 10 bit content I have. Currently only issue left is HD Audio when using the HDMI 2.0 out. But that's it. Everything else works perfect.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-01-02, 12:04)ix400 Wrote: or is n3150 still the way to go?

No.
I made a selfbuild setup for my personal needs: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2485434 besides that here is Apollo Lake NUC: http://geizhals.de/intel-nuc-kit-nuc6cay...45579.html
The NUC is not available right now. So I just ordered the Board and RAM you suggested. For the Case Iˋm going to use an Fractal Nano S.

Thanks for your help.

Is the Apollo Lake support in the Milhouse 18 builds superior to the Krypton 17 builds?
18 > 17.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-01-02, 14:46)ix400 Wrote: The NUC is not available right now. So I just ordered the Board and RAM you suggested. For the Case Iˋm going to use an Fractal Nano S.

Thanks for your help.

Is the Apollo Lake support in the Milhouse 18 builds superior to the Krypton 17 builds?

A bit fat the case, isn't it?
A little off topic. Just wait a few days. The 7th gen Kaby Lake NUCs will be announced on CES in three days. And I know they are a bit overkill for the just video playback, but the i3 version should be a good fit.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2017-01-02, 16:54)fritsch Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 14:46)ix400 Wrote: The NUC is not available right now. So I just ordered the Board and RAM you suggested. For the Case Iˋm going to use an Fractal Nano S.

Thanks for your help.

A bit fat the case, isn't it?

Wie der Herr so's Gescherr!
(2017-01-02, 03:06)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-12-31, 21:29)ptr727 Wrote: This one sounds promising:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97330

I'd love for an "Intel Expert" to chime in here on what next steps to take?

I've included the patch referenced in that bug in build #0101 - can you give it a try and see if it has any effect (positive or negative)?

Thank you, but no change, some 24p movies are still black screen on play, stop, play, stop, play, and they eventually play.

How do you suggest I proceed to get attention of Intel/Kodi/LE devs to make some progress with this issue?
As it has absolutely nothing to do with Kodi - leave them out of the chain. For intel, post another bugreport at bugs.freedesktop.org or try a piotrasd build they use experimental drm-intel kernel.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24