• 21(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-01-14, 17:01)wallacebw Wrote: Now that RetroPlayer and most emulators are working, I ordered a pair of 8bitdo SNES30 controllers (http://www.8bitdo.com/snes30/) and am experiencing an issue.

Yes, unfortunately there's a conflict somewhere. It happens with RPi builds too, debug-enabled crashlog here.

It appears to be something to do with VFS and controllers, and there is a VFS-related change added in build #0110.

Can you test builds #0109 and #0110, and see which crashes?

I believe @garbear is away at the moment, but hopefully can contribute something when he's available.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Milhouse,

Problem exists since build 1215.
I think it is related to the bump to kernel 4.9.x
Also found this: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-77-page-2.html

Hope that helps.
(2017-01-15, 01:15)-zero- Wrote: Hi Milhouse,

Problem exists since build 1215.
I think it is related to the bump to kernel 4.9.x
Also found this: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-77-page-2.html

Hope that helps.

Potted DVB history:

With build #1215 we dropped the ddbridge (Digital Devices) patch from the 4.9.0 kernel, and added a bunch of TBS drivers.

With build #1219 the TBS drivers had to be dropped due to various issues, in particular they were not reliable. Plus, they're a pain to support in the same package as the kernel.

With build #0108 we added the "media_build" package which should have restored Digital Devices support.

Since your Digital Devices hardware is not functioning I've pinged our DVB expert for further advice.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-01-15, 00:01)Milhouse Wrote: Can you test builds #0109 and #0110, and see which crashes?

#0109 works, I'll test #0110 soon. I'm afraid the kids will form a mutiny if i don't let them play for a while.Big Grin
What happened to the "Files" view icon? I used it to manually update libraries from the root of what I had set up as a source.

Thanks.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
Thanks a lot for your help.
Let's see with which solution the dvb expert is coming up.
I guess the 4.9.0 patch is still necessary.

Btw. I have 2x Cine CT V6 connected to an Octupus CI.

-zero-
(2017-01-15, 21:49)unmesh Wrote: What happened to the "Files" view icon? I used it to manually update libraries from the root of what I had set up as a source.

Thanks.

Go to Videos (or Music) and in the Categories row there is a Files widget. You can organise the order of the widgets in the Categories row using the Node editor.

If that's not it, you're better off asking in the Estuary forum.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0115: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.9.3 #1 SMP Sun Jan 15 21:04:14 GMT 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170115210256-#0115-gb488908 [Build #0115]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:4d93228). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (b4889086, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (22cf5fa4, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New AddonsDB schema v27
  2. Add support for SMB File Rename if same share
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • kodi: update amltiming patch (PR:1178, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • added lnbp22.c patch for more power (PR:1118, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • Add support for SMB File Rename if same share (PR:11446, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cmake] Cdio is unconditionally required (PR:11443, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [addons] webinterface.default 2.4.1 (PR:11458, 1 commit, 33 files changed)
    • fixed: make news available when browsing add-on repositories (PR:11455, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. peripheral.joystick:
    • Fix Continuous Integration (PR:76, 0 commits, 0 files changed)
    • [windows] fix CreateDirectoryA & RemoveDirectoryA are not a member of… (PR:75, 0 commits, 0 files changed)
@wallacebw can you test build #0115 with your controller and let me know if it continues to crash or not?
thx with #0115 Retroplayer works againSmile
Excellent. Sorry about that (and pointing the finger at kodi developers) - it was my own fault as I hadn't realised the add-on API had changed and all the add-ons needed a rebuild. I'll now rebuild all add-ons every night (rather than only when they addons change) that I include in each build, which should hopefully avoid future breakage...
(2017-01-15, 22:39)-zero- Wrote: Thanks a lot for your help.
Let's see with which solution the dvb expert is coming up.
I guess the 4.9.0 patch is still necessary.

Btw. I have 2x Cine CT V6 connected to an Octupus CI.

-zero-

Based on feedback from the DVB expert, the media_build package we use (based partly on crazycat source) does not include support for the latest Digital Devices driver.

The media_build package includes the "normal" kernel DVB drivers, plus all of the TBS drivers, and some popular devices that are not yet upstreamed (T230C etc.), and also additional fixes. However the Digital Devices (ddbridge) driver is NOT supported.

Quote:the problem is that TBS and ddbridge has similar chips in usage so their drivers are overlapping -> both won't work at the same system (because dd [don't] give a sh*t to upstream their drivers for this 3-4 cards they have)

we have now the most possible support (no os offer that much - afaik) besides support for ddbridge

So the issue is that the TBS and ddbridge drivers cannot coexist with each other - we can include the drivers for the TBS range of hardware, or the ddbridge driver, but not both and the decision has been taken to include the TBS drivers.

We haven't quite given up hope on overcoming the issues with the ddbridge driver but I can't guarantee it will be supported again at this point in time. If you need immediate support you should seek a custom build with ddbridge support (maybe ask on the LibreELEC forum) or a completely alternative distribution that includes ddbridge support.

If you continue to use these builds, keep an eye out for media_build changes as hopefully ddbridge support may return in the future.
(2017-01-16, 09:36)Milhouse Wrote: Excellent. Sorry about that (and pointing the finger at kodi developers) - it was my own fault as I hadn't realised the add-on API had changed and all the add-ons needed a rebuild. I'll now rebuild all add-ons every night (rather than only when they addons change) that I include in each build, which should hopefully avoid future breakage...

personally i rather have somebody point the finger at me one time too many in order to catch bugs early, than the alternative so do not feel bad about this.
(2017-01-16, 04:28)Milhouse Wrote: @wallacebw can you test build #0115 with your controller and let me know if it continues to crash or not?

#0115 works properly. Thank you!
@Milhouse

I'm actually running #0106 and tried DAZN addon (0.7.0) yesterday, which surprisingly works!!

I did not check back, but were there any changes you know about regarding DAZN?
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24