Thread Closed
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-02-16, 02:24)khaoohs Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 08:58)_Spook_ Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 23:34)Kwiboo Wrote: Thanks!, I was able to reproduce the double press issue on my gear and have reverted the change in repeat delay that caused this.
Great! Thanks Smile

Just updated from 0211 to 0214, I am now getting the double-press with my Harmony remote.
http://sprunge.us/hFai

OK, so you should have this:

#0211: No issue
#0212: Harmony users might have double key presses caused by PR1327
#0213: No issue (as PR1327 is not included)
#0214: Harmony users might have double key presses caused by a revised version of PR1327

@Kwiboo please correct me if I've got this wrong, but this is what we currently think is happening with Harmony users:
Quote:After some more testing I am unsure if the repeat delay needs to be reverted to 1000ms. The default setting for Harmony's command repeats was set to 3, meaning it will send IR-commands 3-4 times for each button pressed, lowering this setting to 0, 1 or 2 repeats also makes the double presses go away.

Normally this hasn't been an issue for Harmony users as the original LE/Kodi IR configuration would intentionally ignore button presses either because the back end is responding too slowly or (in the case of Kodi) is programmed to ignore the first key press. Now that these issues have been eliminated by PR1327, the default (and excessive) Harmony setting is starting to cause unintentional button repeats.

We're looking into a solution that doesn't require a change to Harmony settings, but it's possible that this might be the best/only solution if the problem is now being caused by the default Harmony device configuration.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  Thread Closed

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by Milhouse - 2017-02-16, 03:27