v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-08-03, 20:21)Milhouse Wrote: @yamcenutzer: When you added your user/domain/password to your sources (which I presume you did, based on previous posts) did you add it to sources.xml or did you use passwords.xml? The former won't work with a centralised MySQL db (that is populated with urls scraped without username/domain/password) while the latter will.

However without a debug log, it's impossible to know, really.

Neither, I just add it manually .
On a new machine,
- in the GUI (file manager-> add source->browse->add network location).
It then gets written to mediasources.xml and nowhere else.
- then copy over advancedsettings.xml, which contains the mysql credentials for the video and audio dbs

on a 17.3 (and long before), nothing else was needed for the new machine to access all the stuff on the nas.

I never noticed a 'passwords.xml'. That seems new (to me),

Re: debug.log: yes I agree, have the same problem with my 'customers' :-), but I'm not quite there yet, want to understand if I'm just not too dumb to see somethning obvious.
Also, the weekened is just one day away, wher I can spend a bit more time.

PS, this passwords.xml, wouldn't that also pop up on windows machines? I don't see it there either, and of course, the win machines have no problems with the nas.

Update: I think I got it:
After adding the media source, I have to create another, named folder, e.g. 'shares', or 'nas', using the now available 'media source'. Then a passwords.xml is created, and everything works.!!!

Wow...
I'm not sure if that was always needed or only now with LE 18, but whatever, it seems to work now.
Thanks for listening...

BTW, might be an idea to store this stuff also in the a central config db (with encrypted credentials, ofcourse)

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by yamcenutzer - 2017-08-03, 21:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24