• 100(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
Hello, i have with my Intel NUC the problem, that since a few builds my player only decoding the movies via software. I have this seen via watching HEVC/x265 movies.
In 0801 it's run very well and in 0802 there is the decoding error.
(2017-08-04, 07:21)Mister XY Wrote: Hello, i have with my Intel NUC the problem, that since a few builds my player only decoding the movies via software. I have this seen via watching HEVC/x265 movies.
In 0801 it's run very well and in 0802 there is the decoding error.

Yes, it's being investigated.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-08-04, 05:17)Milhouse Wrote: @Wave_99: I've played your sample on an RPi3, Revo3700 (Atom/ION2) and Skylake NUC but haven't had any problems playing it so far.

Are you able to determine when this problem started for you, ie. which of these builds is the first to crash?

Hi Milhouse, its definitely problem with some system settings, i have updated to your build from LE 8.0.2 a did not system reset or clean install. But now, after system settings reset, videos playing just fine. I will try set now system and let you know after it...
(2017-08-04, 05:17)Milhouse Wrote: @Wave_99: I've played your sample on an RPi3, Revo3700 (Atom/ION2) and Skylake NUC but haven't had any problems playing it so far.

Are you able to determine when this problem started for you, ie. which of these builds is the first to crash?

Its someting about library, cause when i reload library from backup, it causes restart. If there is emty library, videos plays just fine. It will be challenge now, cause rebuild and rename about 1000 movies - its job for one day :-)

So, if i deleted all libraries, and create new one (from nfs share), it causes restarts on xvid video. Its interesting, i will continue with searching base of problem with clean system... Can you try add sample file to your library?
Short feedback on the samba issues i had.

I fixed the samba shares access to the kodi box by rebasing the samba.conf.sample to my network environment.
The "browse windows network" is still broken. Definitly a LibreElec issue as it works on stable LE.

Tripple checked all my smb.conf on my NAS and it's definitely not my NAS as it works from all Windows Clients in my House and when using stable LE.
For now i will use the "add network location" feature as a workaround which works flawless.

Thanks!
(2017-08-04, 12:15)Celox Wrote: Short feedback on the samba issues i had.

I fixed the samba shares access to the kodi box by rebasing the samba.conf.sample to my network environment.
The "browse windows network" is still broken. Definitly a LibreElec issue as it works on stable LE.

Tripple checked all my smb.conf on my NAS and it's definitely not my NAS as it works from all Windows Clients in my House and when using stable LE.
For now i will use the "add network location" feature as a workaround which works flawless.

Thanks!
Yeah, it's funny. Browse network works for me with these test Samba4 builds, so long as the SMB1/NT1 protocol is supported by the master browser. As soon as SMB1/NT1 is disabled on the master browser then Samba loses the ability to browse the network.

It's also possible that setting "client max protocol" (on the LE client) to anything other than SMB1 will break browsing, and as these test builds now default to the highest supported protocol (SMB3) then forcing SMB1 may restore browsing (no promises). However, leaving SMB1 enabled on the server is generally considered to be a significant security risk.

LE8 can browse your network because the only protocol LE8 supports is SMB1, and LE8 would stop browsing and connecting if you were to disable SMB1 support on the server. Note that LE 8.2 will switch to Samba 4 (available shortly after Kodi 17.4 is released) and will default to SMB3 just like these LE9 test builds.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-08-04, 12:44)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-08-04, 12:15)Celox Wrote: Short feedback on the samba issues i had.

Thanks!
Yeah, it's funny. Browse network works for me with these test Samba4 builds, so long as the SMB1/NT1 protocol is supported by the master browser. As soon as SMB1/NT1 is disabled on the master browser then Samba loses the ability to browse the network.

It's also possible that setting "client max protocol" (on the LE client) to anything other than SMB1 will break browsing, and as these test builds now default to the highest supported protocol (SMB3) then forcing SMB1 may restore browsing (no promises). However, leaving SMB1 enabled on the server is generally considered to be a significant security risk.

LE8 can browse your network because the only protocol LE8 supports is SMB1, and LE8 would stop browsing and connecting if you were to disable SMB1 support on the server. Note that LE 8.2 will switch to Samba 4 (available shortly after Kodi 17.4 is released) and will default to SMB3 just like these LE9 test builds.

My NAS is master browser.
I just checked man smb.conf on my NAS box which is running the latest SAMBA for 16.04 and "min protocol" already defaults to "SMB2_10". So it has SMB1/NT1 disabled by default. Probably from upstream due to security fixes.
Like you said its highly likely that the changes incorporated in LE9 break the browsing. Because when i switch to LE8 it works flawless.

So the only workaround for now would be to force the smbclient to SMB1. (Not tested)
For now I'm fine. Just reporting back in case anyone else comes across this issue.
(2017-08-04, 13:07)Celox Wrote: My NAS is master browser.
I just checked man smb.conf on my NAS box which is running the latest SAMBA for 16.04 and "min protocol" already defaults to "SMB2_10". So it has SMB1/NT1 disabled by default. Probably from upstream due to security fixes.
Like you said its highly likely that the changes incorporated in LE9 break the browsing. Because when i switch to LE8 it works flawless.

Something is definitely not right if LE8 - which only speaks SMB1 - can connect to a NAS that no longer supports SMB1.

I'd double check the NAS to confirm SMB1 really is disabled because it doesn't sound like it is. Check the logs to make sure there's no typos or other quirks that are causing Samba to ignore your min protocol setting.

Once SMB1 is disabled on the server you will see a "Connection timed out" error when attempting to connect with SMB1 from the LE8 client:

It´s definately problem with update from previous version LE. Clean install, create new library and everything works just fine. So, really sorry for bothering you with this, it´s my fault.
(2017-08-04, 17:14)WaVe_99 Wrote:

It´s definately problem with update from previous version LE. Clean install, create new library and everything works just fine. So, really sorry for bothering you with this, it´s my fault.

No problem. These things can happen sometimes. Maybe a corrupted setting. Hopefully it's a one off. Smile
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0804: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.12.4 #1 SMP Fri Aug 4 21:59:07 BST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20170804215744-#0804-g072425f [Build #0804]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:dde9b24). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (072425f8, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (dde9b24f, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. inputstream.adaptive updates
  2. PVR API 5.5.0
  3. Fix crash if a button in joystick.xml has no action
  4. VAAPI: fix hevc interop test (fixes 4K/HEVC hardware decoding - thanks @lrusak)
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • Player: drop unused option (PR:12618, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • IPlayer: rework player times (PR:12598, 9 commits, 27 files changed)
    • [PVR][addons] PVR API 5.5.0: Add support for series link based series recordings, ... (PR:12609, 2 commits, 11 files changed)
    • [depends] bump python2 to 2.7.13 (PR:12619, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
  2. inputstream.adaptive:
    • [HLS] theoretical livesstream support (feb558bd)
    • [HLS] livestreams tested / logger implemented (b6b8dcfe)
    • [HLS] AES-128 encryption (0cd6ad2a)
    • [HLS] add aes_encryption files (4b6185b1)
    • More HLS and cleanup (34733320)
    • [HLS] soft reset on read errors on eosegment (4d5604c6)
    • compile warnings / issues fixed (a1576469)
    • [HLS] clear stream in common way (0f10bcb9)
  3. pvr.demo:
    • PVR API 5.5.0: Remove GetChannelSwitchDelay, Add GetStreamTimes (PR:51, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  4. pvr.hts:
    • PVR API 5.5.0: Add series link support (PR:321, 2 commits, 12 files changed)
  5. pvr.vdr.vnsi:
    • implement GetStreamTimes (PR:5, 4 commits, 6 files changed)
  6. pvr.vuplus:
    • Added minimalistic support for PVR Addon API 5.5.0 (PR:68, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  7. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] PR:12626: Fix crash if a button in joystick.xml has no action
    • Added: [pkg] PR:12628: VAAPI: fix hevc interop test
@pacoma2610 / @Bluesmanuk / @Mister XY: Please test 4K/HEVC with #0804, hopefully fixed now. Thanks for reporting.
(2017-08-05, 00:01)Milhouse Wrote: @pacoma2610 / @Bluesmanuk / @Mister XY: Please test 4K/HEVC with #0804, hopefully fixed now. Thanks for reporting.

I can confirm that issue is resolved for me.

Thank you.
@Milhouse

Build # 804 works playing 4k / h265 video material, thanks for the quick fixing.

One thing, however, struck me, I'm not sure why.

In Windows (Nightly Leia) the video material 4k / h265 is detected cleanly (see screenshot), not with Libreelec (at least according to the skin)

Windows:

Libreelec:
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24