• 150(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
Kodi 18 uses a new settings system (version 2) so when rolling back to LE 8.2.1 the Kodi 17 in LE8 will not recognise your version 2 settings and assume they're corrupt and restore default settings. Passthrough will be disabled if you enable sync to display.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@mwake You may always make backup (Settings\LibreELEC), and revert to it after testing stable version, and coming back to testbuilds. It will restore Your settings and plugins.
@Milhouse I think i found the difference between stable and testbuilds for my Broadcom wifi. Here is lspci -v for stable:
02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Limited BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n
    Subsystem: Foxconn International, Inc. BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    Memory at f7c00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [58] Vendor Specific Information: Len=78 <?>
    Capabilities: [48] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    Capabilities: [d0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
    Capabilities: [13c] Virtual Channel
    Capabilities: [160] Device Serial Number 00-00-b9-ff-ff-f1-08-ed
    Capabilities: [16c] Power Budgeting <?>
    Kernel driver in use: wl
    Kernel modules: wl, bcma

And here testbuilds:
02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Limited BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n
    Subsystem: Foxconn International, Inc. BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    Memory at f7c00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [58] Vendor Specific Information: Len=78 <?>
    Capabilities: [48] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    Capabilities: [d0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
    Capabilities: [13c] Virtual Channel
    Capabilities: [160] Device Serial Number 00-00-b9-ff-ff-f1-08-ed
    Capabilities: [16c] Power Budgeting <?>
    Kernel driver in use: bcma-pci-bridge
    Kernel modules: bcma, wl

Maybe it may help somehow.
LibreELEC on Intel NUC DC3217IYE (click to find my uname, lsb_release, lspci, lsusb and dmesg info).
Hey there milhouse! Thanks for all the work that goes in to making all these builds!

I'm using the latest build #1208 right now and I have a problem I could not yet figure out:
I  want to use PulseAudio in LibreELEC to play audio via LAN to a different machine. So far (with stable versions) this worked fine when following the guide in the wiki.

With the test builds I have the following problem:
Playback from a remote machine to pulseaudio on LibreELEC works as always.
Playback from LibreELEC to a remote machine's pulseaudio does not work.

As per the LibreELEC wiki, if I run 'pactl list short sinks' I should get a listing of local and remote playback devices. With the latest test build and the one before, I only get the playback devices listed that are local to the LibreELEC machine.

pactl list short sinks
1       alsa_output.pci-0000_00_03.0.hdmi-stereo        module-alsa-card.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       SUSPENDED
2       alsa_output.usb-ASUS_Xonar_U7-00.analog-stereo  module-alsa-card.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       RUNNING
3       alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.iec958-stereo      module-alsa-card.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       SUSPENDED

The machine that I want to redirect the audio to is configured correctly as per the wiki. On my laptop I can set it as default sink and it plays without problems.

Any idea what might be wrong? Is there anything I can test or log output I can generate to get to the bottom of this?
I'm trying to run this on a VM and when I apply the update all the text is removed. Is there any way around that?
(2017-12-10, 19:11)wheemer Wrote: I'm trying to run this on a VM and when I apply the update all the text is removed. Is there any way around that?

Which VM software are you using, what version of LibreELEC where you using before updating?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1210: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 335d1b63d318a4a7a336a8dfbdb5b73f1e3804480fe50f05d0c6dabd0c047058 (Generic)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.4 #1 SMP Sun Dec 10 21:19:02 GMT 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20171210210330-#1210-g3e358c7 [Build #1210]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:1e1a81a). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (3e358c7, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (1e1a81a, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Drop ALSA/Pulse patch - this may require current audio device to be re-selected. Patch will return once fixed.
  2. Bump cmake-3.10.0, mesa-17.3.0
  3. Fix /var/run symlink
  4. AE: cleanup the mess in AESinkFactory
  5. Build Kodi using LTO
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • Package Updates: bump mesa-17.3, cmake-3.10.0 (PR:2307, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
      • cmake: simplify version changes
      • cmake: update to cmake-3.10.0
      • mesa: update to mesa-17.3.0
    • openssl/heimdal: Security fixes (PR:2304, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • nss-mdns: install all libraries, correct avahi socket path (PR:2303, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • systemd: fix systemd-tmpfiles-setup (PR:2308, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • scripts/mkimage: add label to disk partition as well (PR:2260, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • u-boot: added option to compile mkimage for host (PR:2305, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • addons: use GOARM=7 for more arm cpus (PR:2310, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [bluray] Update libbluray to version 1.0.2. (PR:13149, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • Filestate: fix and cleanup (PR:13146, 4 commits, 10 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: ffmpeg - drop deprecated merging of side data (PR:13010, 2 commits, 7 files changed)
    • [PVR] PVR database: Fix error "Abort due to constraint violation. Query: INSERT INTO channels..." (PR:13150, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Estuary] A bunch of small fixes & consistency improvements (PR:13155, 7 commits, 3 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer / PAPlayer: check return code of demuxer reset (PR:13156, 1 commit, 15 files changed)
    • AE: cleanup the mess in AESinkFactory (PR:13119, 13 commits, 51 files changed)
    • silence some warnings (PR:13157, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • [utils] Fix IsInArchive, IsInZIP and IsInRAR. (PR:13143, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • airplay: disable video/pictures support by default (PR:13159, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fix typo (*VAApi()->VAApi*()) and function signature of VAAPIRegisterRender(), fixes build without VAAPI (PR:13162, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [uwp] remoe Real Media Files from FileType in manifest (PR:13163, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [addons] sync scrapers with repo (PR:13160, 1 commit, 14 files changed)
  3. pvr.demo:
    • implement strEpisodeName, iSeriesNumber, iEpisodeNumber (PR:56, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
I'm trying it on VMware Workstation 14.

I had used the ova available for 8.1.2 which opens and runs perfectly. I then dropped in the latest nightly release from today... It reboots and updates fine, just no text anywhere.
(2017-12-10, 00:53)UrushibaraRuka Wrote: Maybe I really just overlooked it all the time but then again, the issue is gone when i disable VDPAU, no issue with VAAPI (which seems like it's not used because the overlay says it's still software rendered)

AMD doesn't support VAAPI (yet), which is why if you select it you'll only be using software decoding.
(2017-12-11, 02:54)wheemer Wrote: I'm trying it on VMware Workstation 14.

I had used the ova available for 8.1.2 which opens and runs perfectly. I then dropped in the latest nightly release from today... It reboots and updates fine, just no text anywhere.

Can you change your virtual hardware version to 12: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1010675

https://www.mesa3d.org/vmware-guest.html
(2017-12-10, 13:19)nicram Wrote:     Kernel driver in use: bcma-pci-bridge
    Kernel modules: bcma, wl

Maybe it may help somehow.

Hi, can you try putting the following two lines in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-broadcom.conf
Code:
blacklist brcmsmac
blacklist bcma
then reboot and see if that helps.

bcma-pci-bridge is the bcma driver, and there are two possible drivers for this hardware (bcma and wl) and it now appears that the bcma driver is being loaded while stable is loading the wl driver. Possibly something changed in the more recent kernel which means drivers are matching/loading in a different order, or it worked with stable more by luck than judgement! Blacklisting bcma might give wl a chance to load instead.
(2017-12-11, 03:39)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-12-11, 02:54)wheemer Wrote: I'm trying it on VMware Workstation 14.

Can you change your virtual hardware version to 12: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1010675

https://www.mesa3d.org/vmware-guest.html 
Cool, that worked! I changed the hardware compatibility to Workstation 12 and the fonts are there. I wish I new how to make use of the second link but that's daunting.

Thanks
Glad it's working again. Smile

The second link is just background info confirming that 12 is now required:
Code:
The VM is configured for virtual hardware version 12.
(2017-12-11, 05:51)Milhouse Wrote: Hi, can you try putting the following two lines in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-broadcom.conf
Code:
blacklist brcmsmac
blacklist bcma
then reboot and see if that helps.

bcma-pci-bridge is the bcma driver, and there are two possible drivers for this hardware (bcma and wl) and it now appears that the bcma driver is being loaded while stable is loading the wl driver. Possibly something changed in the more recent kernel which means drivers are matching/loading in a different order, or it worked with stable more by luck than judgement! Blacklisting bcma might give wl a chance to load instead. 
 I done it, and it worked! Smile Thank You for help, it's final moment when for me, everything is working as i planned too Smile Oh, maybe except keypads on remote control, but i read that it is because some wrong signals sent by RC by itself. But everything else is working great.
Thank You for helping me Smile
LibreELEC on Intel NUC DC3217IYE (click to find my uname, lsb_release, lspci, lsusb and dmesg info).
(2017-12-11, 03:00)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-12-10, 00:53)UrushibaraRuka Wrote: Maybe I really just overlooked it all the time but then again, the issue is gone when i disable VDPAU, no issue with VAAPI (which seems like it's not used because the overlay says it's still software rendered)

AMD doesn't support VAAPI (yet), which is why if you select it you'll only be using software decoding. 
Yeah, I googled for it and found that AMD doesn't support it as of yet, but there's already something on the horizon.

So far I wasn't able to do some tests on my issue, being sick kinda sucks and falling asleep every 30min sucks as well.
But I already made a little plan on where to start testing.
Will report when I'm better and can start testing.
Hi Milhouse,

I have an Intel NUC NUC5i5RYH and since build #1211 I have lost sound, in system I have no possibility to change output audio (it's greyed out) and I have lost passthrough settings.

No problem with build #1210
 Estuary MOD V2 
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24