v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
I found out what the problem is and it is not related to LibreELEC, your builds or anything else. The bug exists between my ears only.

All that was needed to enable pulseaudio streaming to another machine was simply 'pactl load-module module-zeroconf-discover'. After that 'pactl list short sinks' shows all pulseaudio sinks on the network and streaming works just fine. Sorry for the noise.
(2017-12-10, 17:55)ariendj Wrote: Hey there milhouse! Thanks for all the work that goes in to making all these builds!

I'm using the latest build #1208 right now and I have a problem I could not yet figure out:
I  want to use PulseAudio in LibreELEC to play audio via LAN to a different machine. So far (with stable versions) this worked fine when following the guide in the wiki.

With the test builds I have the following problem:
Playback from a remote machine to pulseaudio on LibreELEC works as always.
Playback from LibreELEC to a remote machine's pulseaudio does not work.

As per the LibreELEC wiki, if I run 'pactl list short sinks' I should get a listing of local and remote playback devices. With the latest test build and the one before, I only get the playback devices listed that are local to the LibreELEC machine.

pactl list short sinks
1       alsa_output.pci-0000_00_03.0.hdmi-stereo        module-alsa-card.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       SUSPENDED
2       alsa_output.usb-ASUS_Xonar_U7-00.analog-stereo  module-alsa-card.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       RUNNING
3       alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.iec958-stereo      module-alsa-card.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       SUSPENDED

The machine that I want to redirect the audio to is configured correctly as per the wiki. On my laptop I can set it as default sink and it plays without problems.

Any idea what might be wrong? Is there anything I can test or log output I can generate to get to the bottom of this?

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by ariendj - 2017-12-17, 15:30
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24