• 166(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
Hm, #0108 is not booting.

Code:
NEVER TOUCH boot= in extlinux.conf / cmdline.txt!
If you don't know what you are doing,
your installation is now broken.

Normal startup in 60s...

Well, I did not touch anything. ;-)

The boot then does not work, I see a lot of FAILED messages and at some point it just stops without loading the graphical interface.

What can I do to revert to a older Milford build? #0106 was working good for me. Unfortunally I did not save the settings bevor upgrading today.
Looks like your update had issues because I'm booting and running 0108
(2018-01-09, 19:08)Roi Danton Wrote: Hm, #0108 is not booting.

Code:
NEVER TOUCH boot= in extlinux.conf / cmdline.txt!
If you don't know what you are doing,
your installation is now broken.

Normal startup in 60s...

Well, I did not touch anything. ;-)

The boot then does not work, I see a lot of FAILED messages and at some point it just stops without loading the graphical interface.

What can I do to revert to a older Milford build? #0106 was working good for me. Unfortunally I did not save the settings bevor upgrading today.

Presumably this is due to Meltdown - what CPU do you have?

There are some known boot issues with certain hardware that will be fixed in 4.14.13, possibly (and hopefully) your hardware falls into this category:

Greg Kroah-Hartman Wrote:4.14.13 will be out in a few more days, with some additional fixes in it that are needed for some systems that have boot-time problems with 4.14.12

If you don't have ssh access then in order to downgrade you will need to:
  1. Create a USB memory stick using the official LibreELEC 8.2.2 img.gz
  2. Use this memory stick to boot into live mode
  3. Complete the Setup Wizard and enable ssh
  4. Log in using ssh (user: root, password: libreelec)
  5. Download the #0106 tar file (or #0107, which should be OK too)
  6. Extract the SYSTEM and KERNEL files from the tar file and copy them over the same files on your *internal* HDD/SSD which will be mounted as /var/media/<something>
  7. sync, poweroff, remove the USB memory stick and boot up - you should now be back to #0106 (or #0107)

If you have ssh access then login, download the tar file, extract SYSTEM and KERNEL, make the /flash partition read-write with
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /flash
then copy SYSTEM and KERNEL to /flash. Finally, reboot.

I would suggest not trying again until 4.14.13 is available (probably before the end of the week).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Does any retro gaming work on this build, I've been pulling hair trying to get something to work but have had little luck, Just a black screen or retroarch quits immediately
(2018-01-09, 19:44)wheemer Wrote: Does any retro gaming work on this build, I've been pulling hair trying to get something to work but have had little luck, Just a black screen or retroarch quits immediately

No, the libretro addon needs updating. I posted about this a few days ago.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you for your answer. It is an Intel Celeron N3050. And yes, one of the goals installing this build was to see if Meltdown is taking any or too much performance from the system.

I do/did not have SSH on the not fully booted system, no.

So I just performed what you suggested. (Did not know until then that there is a live option for the LE stick. ;-) )

Works again, on 0106, downloading 0107 now and won't upgrade until there is kernel 4.14.13 in the build.
(2018-01-09, 19:47)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-01-09, 19:44)wheemer Wrote: Does any retro gaming work on this build, I've been pulling hair trying to get something to work but have had little luck, Just a black screen or retroarch quits immediately

No, the libretro addon needs updating. I posted about this a few days ago. 
I did see that the build in stuff was not working. But I had installed Gamestarter and tried with their method and had no success. Was just wondering if anyone had their addons working.
(2018-01-09, 19:53)Roi Danton Wrote: Works again, on 0106, downloading 0107 now and won't upgrade until there is kernel 4.14.13 in the build.

Great. And don't forget to enable ssh on your working system - ssh is vital when working with unstable test builds! Smile

If you're concerned about ssh security you now have two options:
  1. Disable ssh passwords in LibreELEC Settings > Services (and use public/private keys)
  2. Log in with ssh and run passwd to change the root password to something of your own choosing

Option #1 would be my recommendation.

When using option #2 it's usually best to use two ssh sessions - change the password in one, test the new password in a second ssh session.
(2018-01-09, 19:53)Roi Danton Wrote: Thank you for your answer. It is an Intel Celeron N3050. And yes, one of the goals installing this build was to see if Meltdown is taking any or too much performance from the system.

Actually, another solution for Meltdown boot issues would have been to add nopti to the end of the kernel command line[1]. This option will forcibly disable KPTI, but should only be necessary if experiencing boot issues (or if you don't want to take any potential performance hit from Meltdown, and accept the consequences etc.).

1. Edit /flash/syslinux.cfg if booting with legacy BIOS, or /flash/EFI/BOOT/syslinux.cfg if using UEFI. The kernel command line begins with APPEND.
SSH is running and I changed the password. For automatic stuff (playing around with openHAB and LibreELEC) I also use keys.

Unfortunally I was not able to login to SSH when the system did fail to boot with #0108 earlier, in fact it was not even pinging.

No, I won't disable the the Meltdown patch with the kernel option. At least not now. I want to see if it makes any difference with my system and if yes, if the performance is still good enough for using the system. But I think the consequences are not that harsh on a internal box with Kodi running on it. We will see. So thank you for these information, too. I might use these later, if the performance decrease is too bad.
(2018-01-09, 08:01)wheemer Wrote: Roger, thought the crash log also contained the regular log.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26351471/

I had to play a few videos before I saw the problem, the last video played in this log was no audio, but it's random.
I have seen this issue on two other PCs running any build past 0102...
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0109: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 5f6c2add99b5094f6075c7bfd79658c46cf71cc76f4e8c0d81393046f069ae10 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.12 #1 SMP Tue Jan 9 22:17:57 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180109221632-#0109-g0a6a443 [Build #0109]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:138fa39). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (0a6a443, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (0c21beb, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. AE: register setting handlers inside ActiveAE
  2. [PVR][Estuary] PVRInfoPanel: Add percent played progress bar
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • [LE 9.0] Update to Amlogic 3.14 kernel from Nougat 2017-09-28 SDK (PR:2335, 7 commits, 9 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Fix crashes on pvr client addon install/uninstall/update. (PR:13335, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • AE: register setting handlers inside ActiveAE (PR:13334, 1 commit, 7 files changed)
    • FIX: [droid] "Attempt to remove non-JNI local" messages (PR:13330, 1 commit, 9 files changed)
    • [PVR][Estuary] PVRInfoPanel: Add percent played progress bar, for exa (PR:13338, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. pvr.hts:
    • Fixed crashes on addon destruction. (PR:348, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2392 (perma): linux: update to linux-4.14.15 (-ish)
Retroplayer (Game) add-ons have been re-built and pushed to the LibreELEC 9.0 repository for RPi2, RPi and Generic - please refresh and update.
Nice it just worked right away first successful retro game I could ever get working with audio. Awesome work everyone.

I am curious how to configure a nice front end for it?
(2018-01-07, 15:31)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-01-07, 14:33)c--mas Wrote: Hi,

i´ve installed the latest version. At first: great work :-) I´m running this version on a RPi3 and want to use my existing Hauppauge WinTV-Nova HD for the DVB-S signal. Is a driver implenentation planned for this card or it´s better for me to buy another DVB-S USB device? I´ve installed TVheadend and the Hauppauge driver package addon.

Thank you for s short feedback :-) I´ll hope i can also support this community in the future.

I asked a colleague more familiar with DVB stuff and this is his reply:
Quote:It is at the Hauppauge driver addon and should work already. All those drivers are currently upstreaming, so 4.17-18 should have already good support.
If this isn't working with the Hauppauge addon he should dmesg | paste
If you have a problem, please upload the requested log.                   
Thank you for your fast reply. Based on my daily work it was not earlier possible to check it. What did he mean with 4.17-18? My first idea was the kernel ...but there are 4.14 in use....
Please have a look at my dmesg :-) That would be great.

dmesg
  • 166(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24