• 176(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-02-05, 23:43)dbaijot Wrote: Hi Milhouse,

i'm trying to use the new airplay functionalities of pulseaudio 11 through kodi but unfortunalty it doesn't work. i can play music to an airplay speaker with "paplay" command so pulseaudio seems to be well configured, but when i go to the "Settings/System/Audio" menu my airplay speaker is not present in the list.

Thanks

Sorry, no idea - I don't have any iDevices here. They're usually always broken so I'm not really surprised it doesn't work, to be honest. Not sure if @Memphiz can suggest anything.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-02-05, 23:37)Guilouz Wrote: So I think there is issue with Kaby Lake patch with DTS HRA.

Please open a new bug on https://bugs.freedesktop.org

If the bug is in the Intel driver then your best hope is that one of the Intel developers will fix it. If it's anything like the original HBA fix, it might take 12 months or more. Or never.

Alternatively, use Windows as that's obviously the only OS that Intel officially support these days with their hardware.

Or buy your x86 hardware from a vendor that actively supports Linux, rather than just paying it lip service and cherry picking functionality often leaving out support for hardware which works with Windows.

If you plan on using Kodi and Linux, I wouldn't recommend buying Intel at all these days - there's always something broken, or some promised hardware feature that only works with Windows. Or Nvidia GPU for that matter (unless it's dirt cheap and you don't mind throwing it away in 12 months time should Kodi drop Nvidia support). I realise that doesn't leave many options, but unless you're desperate my advice would be to wait (maybe buy a cheap Android box) and then see if AMD can do any better.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-02-04, 23:30)rudrood Wrote:
(2018-02-04, 20:23)epias Wrote:
(2018-02-02, 23:09)rudrood Wrote: IVideo and OSD is very dark.
Using a NVidia card.
The video is not only dark, but the limited video function is broken. Verified with AVS HD 709 (Grayscale Steps) test. For now, the only way of getting a decent picture is to set everything (KODI, GPU, TV) to "Full RGB". I also don't understand why "Video 16:235 pass-through" is removed. Always thought it was there to fix TVs that set limited/full automatically.      
 Can you tell me how to set it to full RGB?

Thanks     
Basically, turn off "Use limited colour range (16-235)" in Kodi and switch your TV set to Full RGB range. Check with a video test pattern (AVS HD 709) to make sure it is set correctly.
(2018-02-05, 02:23)Milhouse Wrote: Can you confirm the first build when this issue started?
It started with Build #1005 (Oct 5th). 

(2018-02-05, 02:23)Milhouse Wrote: The "Use limited color range (16-235)" setting is still available and hasn't been removed.
I was referring to xrandr's "Broadcast RGB" flag.
hi millhouse , firstly just want to thank you for your work i updated from 8.2.3 recently due to continuity errors with tvheadend which seems to have mostly been solved now.

I registered as the only issue i have encountered is when i reboot server tvheadend never starts up , i have to goto addons disable tvheadend and enable it again to get it to start. I tried fresh install but still no auto start at boot any ideas ?

running on pi
(2018-02-06, 02:32)ttech Wrote: hi millhouse , firstly just want to thank you for your work i updated from 8.2.3 recently due to continuity errors with tvheadend which seems to have mostly been solved now.

I registered as the only issue i have encountered is when i reboot server tvheadend never starts up , i have to goto addons disable tvheadend and enable it again to get it to start. I tried fresh install but still no auto start at boot any ideas ?

running on pi
Have you checked your tvheadend and kodi logs, maybe there's an error.

Are you using the tvheadend from the LibreELEC repository (you almost certainly shouldn't) or the latest version I provide that should work with these test builds?
(2018-02-06, 00:52)epias Wrote: It started with Build #1005 (Oct 5th). 

Then this is almost certainly down to the fixed-function pipeline change. Please open a ticket on trac.kodi.tv as that's how the developer likes to receive his bug reports.

(2018-02-06, 00:52)epias Wrote: I was referring to xrandr's "Broadcast RGB" flag.
I think you're referring to the passthrough full/limited patch which was dropped in #1216 and applied only to Intel GPUs. This kernel patch was removed because, well, people complained the display was too dark (and nobody commented positively/negatively following its removal so either it had no effect, or everyone is too polite to say anything).
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0205: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: f5c482efa3f0c880f3abb369ccf6e2504a5b5247d35b59e38de0d9260951815d (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.17 #1 SMP Tue Feb 6 01:42:04 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180206014010-#0205-gadba308 [Build #0205]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:4de5826). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (adba308, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (54b1a2e, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.14.17 kernel
  2. Switch from MySQL client to MariaDB client
  3. Bump glibc-2.27, systemd-237, e2fsprogs-1.43.8, binutils-2.30, meson-0.44.0, ccache-3.3.6, ncurses-6.1, autoconf-archive-2017.09.28
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • mariadb: switch from mysql to mariadb (PR:2387, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • gcc: update to gcc-7.3.0 (PR:2441, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [darwin] Add support for apfs to storage provider. (PR:13478, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • sql-client: add support for mariadb-client (PR:13318, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • [PVR] Search window: Fix init of search filter. (PR:13485, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • [FFMPEG] add strip command (PR:13472, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. pvr.demo:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (8f62053)
  4. pvr.dvblink:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (89d1687)
  5. pvr.dvbviewer:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (64c4356)
  6. pvr.filmon:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (2721611)
  7. pvr.hts:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (095784b)
  8. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (933a5c4)
  9. pvr.mediaportal.tvserver:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (dec444f)
  10. pvr.nextpvr:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (aa1c8d2)
  11. pvr.pctv:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (5b47d9f)
  12. pvr.stalker:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (77eec69)
  13. pvr.vbox:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (57f3198)
  14. pvr.vuplus:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (f05f158)
  15. pvr.wmc:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (38e670a)
  16. pvr.zattoo:
    • typo in kodi url (PR:15, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  17. vfs.libarchive:
    • [depends] add openssl (PR:12, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
  18. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2466 (perma): linux: update to linux-4.14.19 (-ish)
    • Added: [env] PR:2459 (perma): Package Updates: various
    • Added: [env] PR:2480 (perma): install perf in development builds
I don't think this has been mentioned before but 10-bit H264 and H265 is currently unplayable - just a white screen is visible.

Last working build is #0126 - all builds after that play 10-bit content as 100% white screen.

Intel NUC6i5SYH.
(2018-02-06, 00:07)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-02-05, 23:43)dbaijot Wrote: Hi Milhouse,

i'm trying to use the new airplay functionalities of pulseaudio 11 through kodi but unfortunalty it doesn't work. i can play music to an airplay speaker with "paplay" command so pulseaudio seems to be well configured, but when i go to the "Settings/System/Audio" menu my airplay speaker is not present in the list.

Thanks

Sorry, no idea - I don't have any iDevices here. They're usually always broken so I'm not really surprised it doesn't work, to be honest. Not sure if @Memphiz can suggest anything.

Many thanks Milhouse, and thank you for your work, the builds you provide us are very good.
Pulseaudio 11 has improved their airplay support and from my point of view it works well now (it was not the case with previous pulseaudio version).
I did a test with another kodi raspberry having airplay reception enabled and I could see it and stream the music on it from kodi interface but I still can not see the airplay speaker... if anyone has an idea...
(2018-02-06, 05:23)Milhouse Wrote: I don't think this has been mentioned before but 10-bit H264 and H265 is currently unplayable - just a white screen is visible.

Last working build is #0126 - all builds after that play 10-bit content as 100% white screen.

Intel NUC6i5SYH.
10 bit should work with VAAPI just fine. As h264 10 bit does also not work -> it's the SW Decoder that is failing right?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-02-06, 11:15)fritsch Wrote:
(2018-02-06, 05:23)Milhouse Wrote: I don't think this has been mentioned before but 10-bit H264 and H265 is currently unplayable - just a white screen is visible.

Intel NUC6i5SYH.
10 bit should work with VAAPI just fine. As h264 10 bit does also not work -> it's the SW Decoder that is failing right?

Yes. VAAPI is enabled, but 10-bit playback is using SW decode.

10-bit h264 #0126:

10-bit h264 #0127 (and all later builds):

10-bit h265 #0126:

10-bit h265 #0127 (and all later builds):
(2018-02-06, 11:15)fritsch Wrote: 10 bit should work with VAAPI just fine. As h264 10 bit does also not work -> it's the SW Decoder that is failing right?

And just so there's no confusion:

8-bit H264 (HW or SW decode): OK in all builds
8-bit HEVC (HW or SW decode): OK in all builds

10-bit H264 (SW decode): White screen since #0127
10-bit HEVC (SW decode): White screen since #0127

Tested on Skylake NUC.
(2018-02-06, 02:42)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-02-06, 02:32)ttech Wrote: hi millhouse , firstly just want to thank you for your work i updated from 8.2.3 recently due to continuity errors with tvheadend which seems to have mostly been solved now.

running on pi
Have you checked your tvheadend and kodi logs, maybe there's an error.

Are you using the tvheadend from the LibreELEC repository (you almost certainly shouldn't) or the latest version I provide that should work with these test builds? 
Hi Millhouse , thanks for taking the time to reply greatly apprecaited my addons were migrated when i added your build to update folder. I have tried removing tvheadend build which was migrated on update and installed your latest version but still getting same result.

I havent checked logs but can later today , maybe its worth me trying fresh / clean install as opposed to my migrating my addons.
Hi. Thank you for your work. I'm using build # 0205. All is well, but when playing 3840x2160 24 Hz, I get this picture.

Video 3840x2160 60 Hz playing without problems.

How can this be fixed?

Testing on Intel j4205 (Apollo Lake).
  • 176(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24