• 179(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0214: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: eb827aa23012ad28c61d3f76ccdadcdfd1286deeec4fdcdd3771e64d98fd8ca2 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.18 #1 SMP Wed Feb 14 22:31:33 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180214222939-#0214-g6205418 [Build #0214]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:54b1a2e). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (6205418, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b16ba16, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. RetroPlayer: Input fixes
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • e2fsprogs: update to e2fsprogs-1.43.9, change download url (PR:2497, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • RetroPlayer: Input fixes (PR:13531, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • RetroPlayer: Improve logging (PR:13540, 1 commit, 40 files changed)
    • FIX: [3D] broken since awhile (PR:13535, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • Use override, fix interceptor class (PR:13542, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [cmake] pass compiler to & use ccache for FFmpeg (PR:13548, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:2501 (perma): buildsystem: selectively build packages with debug
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Here's a photo from the artefacts i'm seeing:
delete
(2018-02-14, 20:24)Ontige Wrote: Hey there,

I`ve switched my AVR yesterday from a Denon X2300w to a X3400H and I`m getting a strange behavior on the soundside with Libreelec on my NUC6CAYH. The Problem is that I only get Sound from the first Video I am playing. With the second Video i`m only getting silence. Two ways of geting Audio back working (at least for one more Video) is by rebooting Libreelec or by switching the HDMI-source on the avr to another an back to libreelec. With the x2300w everything worked fine, no Problems in this direction. The only Thing that changed was the AVR. I`ve doublechecked the config of the avr, of the audiosection of libreelec and I even done a factoryreset on the avr.

My question is know: Is it a Problem of the AVR? I can`t believe that denon changed so much in the System that such wierd Things happen.

At the link you can see the debug-log: Debug-Log

Thanks for your help!
Manuel
I`ve played a Little bit with the NUC and found out, that if I immediately start another Video while playing with Sound, the avr is switching correctly the Format and I still get Sound. I`m only "loosing" Sound if I stop the Playback. I could also eleminate the pulse-eight cec-adapter as the bad guy, because deactivating it doesn`t Change a Thing. Maybe this could help somebody looking at it...

I`ve also contacted Denon with the Problem and will Report back as soon as I get an answer.

Greetings,
Manuel
(2018-02-12, 23:55)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-02-12, 20:29)HeresJohnny Wrote: Ok, I'll go back to a build that doesn't work and secure a log. It doesn't crash as such, though, since I can still access the system via SSH.

It sounds like Kodi is crashing - SSH still works because it has nothing to do with Kodi. Smile

Reporting back with new findings. It seems that the problem is something else entirely:

Code:
21:31:09.745 T:139727820420864   ERROR: SQL: [MyMusic70] An unknown error occurred
                                            Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version
21:31:09.795 T:139727820420864   ERROR: Process error processing job

It looks like there's a problem with the music database. I have another 905x box which I just updated from adamg's 8.90.3 to 8.90.4 and found myself before a similar black screen. The log there also shows a failure to initialize the music database.

I've since dropped the entire MyMusic70 and MyMusic69 (to prevent it from updating, since that didn't help either) schemes from MySQL and started rescraping from scratch to rule out any database errors that might have been introduced by crashing or whatever. I'm using a Windows Notebook with x64 build from 20180214 to scrape, which seems to be unaffected. The error still persists, though.

I've just installed your build #214 and it shows the same error as above. Maybe something has gone wrong in the SQL syntax when it was switched to MariaDB? Anyway, #204 is the last version that works.
I just had a look at the conversation of PR:13318 https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13318 and it's implied that MariaDB was only tested with MyMusic69. Therein might the problem lie :-)

Since I'm not a dev, I'm not sure how to proceed formally. I've added my findings as a comment to PR:13318 and hope nobody gets mad at me...
We need to see a debug log of the database migration to MyMusic70.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
As I wrote, I dropped MyMusic70 and MyMusic69 to prevent migration, then started from scratch.

Here's a debug log, but nothing new, I'm afraid.
https://pastebin.com/y6MUKZhu
(2018-02-16, 00:31)HeresJohnny Wrote: As I wrote, I dropped MyMusic70 and MyMusic69 to prevent migration, then started from scratch.

Here's a debug log, but nothing new, I'm afraid.
https://pastebin.com/y6MUKZhu

It's not a debug log, and I also don't see any attempts to open the old databases (which is what you'd expect when "starting from scratch") so this log doesn't show any information relating to the creation of the MyMusic70 database.

Enable debug logging in Kodi, drop the MyMusic70 database, reboot, upload the log.

Edit: Also, what database server are you using, is it MySQL or MariaDB, and what version? I've tested starting from scratch with build #0215 and a MySQL 5.5.21 server and no problem.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0215: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: a6cc6ddf158afb224815adbf0d756bf060088cb1447365286ae62eb32fb131ce (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.18 #1 SMP Thu Feb 15 23:20:53 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180215224548-#0215-g6205418 [Build #0215]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:54b1a2e). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (6205418, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (468ce1b, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. libnfs: status variable for the callback function is error
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [uPnP] Content-Disposition Header (PR:13520, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [win10] added support of xbox media remote control (PR:13538, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
  2. libnfs:
    • status variable for the callback function is error (PR:240, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2501 (perma): buildsystem: selectively build packages with debug
(2018-02-16, 06:41)Milhouse Wrote: Enable debug logging in Kodi, drop the MyMusic70 database, reboot, upload the log.

Edit: Also, what database server are you using, is it MySQL or MariaDB, and what version? I've tested starting from scratch with build #0215 and a MySQL 5.5.21 server and no problem.
MySQL 5.7 here.

Sorry, it looks like debugging was not saved between updates the last time. I've made sure it's on this time. Since my music collection is huge I'd really like to avoid dropping the schema for the third time.

Here's a debug log of #204
https://pastebin.com/EpKjrXMY

And here's a debug log of #215, I updated immediately after taking the above log, no other changes.
https://pastebin.com/ce6FPQr2

Did you restart your test machine after you had scraped some sources? The initial creation of the database wasn't a problem here, but the error occured on the next restart.
(2018-02-16, 07:30)HeresJohnny Wrote: MySQL 5.7 here.

Sorry, it looks like debugging was not saved between updates the last time. I've made sure it's on this time. Since my music collection is huge I'd really like to avoid dropping the schema for the third time.

Here's a debug log of #204
https://pastebin.com/EpKjrXMY

And here's a debug log of #215, I updated immediately after taking the above log, no other changes.
https://pastebin.com/ce6FPQr2

Ah, ok - so your MyMusic70 database is accessible by #0204 (with mysql connector) but not by #0205+ (with mariadb connector)? Sorry I thought this was a migration issue. It's very unusual for Kodi to fail with such a basic query, but this might suggest the MariaDB connector is not compatible with your server.

How is your MySQL server configured, have you changed any settings from their default? Maybe there is a conflict between Maria and this version of MySQL (it's fine with 5.5.21 that I'm using). Sigh.
@Milhouse @HeresJohnny it is very unusual, that such simple SELECTS is failing.

I am currently on work, so i can not look into the logs (blocked by security).
After work, i will take a look.

Which exact version of MySQL, are you running?
I tested with 5.7.20 (incl. DB upgrade), and it went fine.

Sascha
I found the problem. InuSasha's hint as to his version gave me some info to work with. I have MySQL 5.7.19 and he has 5.7.20. One of the main things that changed is that as of 5.7.20 query cache is disabled. I was using query cache so on a hunch I disabled it.

Now Kodi starts normally, although I see in the debug log that queries are executed appx. 10 times slower (300ms vs 30ms before). Thanks to all who took the time to work with me!
If the Mariadb client isn't compatible with the MySQL Server query cache then maybe we should investigate a way to disable the query cache on a per-connection basis.
  • 179(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24