• 203(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-04-05, 08:22)fritsch Wrote:
(2018-04-04, 23:02)BoKKeR Wrote: On the newest build, I am getting dropped frames on every 4K video where there are big changes in the image (landscapes etc.).  I tried an older version (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20180115210328-#0115-gcd45cd6.tar) and it worked fine there but the colors were worse. I tried switching changing up VAAPI but it did not help. The only thing that helps if I have the pause menu open on the bottom then the video plays back properly. The second I hide the play/stop panel it starts to judder. 

NUC6CAYH

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/DRFPZ9cxnj/

btw have HDR been implemented on this device and build? The colours look way better.
 Can you try before starting the movie, from a shell: 
Code:
echo 750 > /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_min_freq

Edit: Yes. Fernetmenta has implemented the very first step of proper tone-mapping. So colors are correctly transformed. 
I would say that it actually made things worse. Now it was losing frames no matter if I had the bottom list open or not. After a restart, it went back.
With new build #0404 auto framerate switching seems to be broken for me.
NVIDIA Shield, H270M-Plus (i3-7100),NUC7i3BNH,WeTekHub,Pi2,Win10Server.
(2018-04-05, 10:58)debutanker Wrote: With new build #0404 auto framerate switching seems to be broken for me.
mine as well
(2018-04-05, 10:58)debutanker Wrote: With new build #0404 auto framerate switching seems to be broken for me.

(2018-04-05, 11:18)porkchop999 Wrote:
mine as well

Yes, there's something not quite right with the Mode Whitelist PR, I've posted details to the author, it may be missing a matching rule - hopefully it can be tweaked before tonight's build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-04-05, 05:38)Milhouse Wrote: Ah, if UHD playback needs libbluray 1.0.2 then we're not on that yet, still 1.0.1 - the bump to 1.0.2 is on the list but we've got some RPi dependencies that need to be resolved first.
 Don't know if it is right to ask this do you know the when this will be added?

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2018-04-05, 09:18)BoKKeR Wrote:
(2018-04-05, 08:22)fritsch Wrote:
(2018-04-04, 23:02)BoKKeR Wrote: On the newest build, I am getting dropped frames on every 4K video where there are big changes in the image (landscapes etc.).  I tried an older version (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20180115210328-#0115-gcd45cd6.tar) and it worked fine there but the colors were worse. I tried switching changing up VAAPI but it did not help. The only thing that helps if I have the pause menu open on the bottom then the video plays back properly. The second I hide the play/stop panel it starts to judder. 

NUC6CAYH

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/DRFPZ9cxnj/

btw have HDR been implemented on this device and build? The colours look way better.
 Can you try before starting the movie, from a shell: 
Code:
echo 750 > /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_min_freq

Edit: Yes. Fernetmenta has implemented the very first step of proper tone-mapping. So colors are correctly transformed.  
I would say that it actually made things worse. Now it was losing frames no matter if I had the bottom list open or not. After a restart, it went back. 
That would mean you have a heat issue. Do you run kodi in 4k and upscale all the way?

Can you let it run for a bit and provide: sensors | pastebinit please?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sad 
Oeps
(2018-04-05, 01:53)billbillw Wrote: Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I'm trying to find a suitable Kodi/LibreELEC build to pass-through lossless audio codecs on my HP T620 Thin client. I've tried all the main releases and one of the Milhouse 9.0 releases from a few days ago. None will pass the lossless codec. 

This box has an AMD GX-415GA quad-core (eKabini) processor that can handle pass-through (I've tested with Windows Embedded 7 and it worked).

I'm not sure if it is limitations with the VDPAU/VAAPI drivers or what. I've had LibreELEC setup with several different boxes (Chromebox, Dell/Wyse 5010, and some Zotac boxes) and this is the only one that doesn't pass-through DD+, DTS-HD MA, or TrueHD. 

If anyone can point me to something that might work, I'd appreciate it. 

*Yes, I know I can turn off Pass-through and get multi-channel PCM, but I get better bass management when the codec is passed by bitstream to the receiver.*

Remember: "If Sync Playback to display is enabled PT gets automatically disabled."

from here
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=292983
Latest Millhouse Build passthrough works like a charm in my NUC6CAY, All formats work even Dolby Atmos.
Check your Audio settings > audio decoder > device like DisplayPort > number channels 2.0 (!)
Audio Passthrough > on ( everything checked)
That should work 👍
(2018-04-05, 20:56)blokkie Wrote: Latest Millhouse Build passthrough works like a charm in my NUC6CAY, All formats work even Dolby Atmos.
Check your Audio settings > audio decoder > device like DisplayPort > number channels 2.0 (!)
Audio Passthrough > on ( everything checked)
That should work 👍
 No need to set channels to 2.0, the NUC6CAY can do multi channel output just fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-04-05, 20:48)blokkie Wrote:
(2018-04-05, 01:53)billbillw Wrote: Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I'm trying to find a suitable Kodi/LibreELEC build to pass-through lossless audio codecs on my HP T620 Thin client. I've tried all the main releases and one of the Milhouse 9.0 releases from a few days ago. None will pass the lossless codec. 

This box has an AMD GX-415GA quad-core (eKabini) processor that can handle pass-through (I've tested with Windows Embedded 7 and it worked).

I'm not sure if it is limitations with the VDPAU/VAAPI drivers or what. I've had LibreELEC setup with several different boxes (Chromebox, Dell/Wyse 5010, and some Zotac boxes) and this is the only one that doesn't pass-through DD+, DTS-HD MA, or TrueHD. 

*Yes, I know I can turn off Pass-through and get multi-channel PCM, but I get better bass management when the codec is passed by bitstream to the receiver.*

Remember: "If Sync Playback to display is enabled PT gets automatically disabled."

from here
Nope. I never use Sync Playback. I've set these up a few dozen times or more on various builds. There is just something with this AMD chip that doesn't want to let pass-through occur (at least not with Linux/LibreElec). Like I said, it worked just fine when I tested with W7ES and the Windows Kodi. With LibreElec, it will pass-through AC-3 and regular DTS. Just not the lossless stuff.

I would probably just use W7ES and Windows Kodi, but the performance is sluggish. The whole point of this build (going to a quad core) was to get better HEVC decoding without spending too much (NUC). My earlier generation of Thin Client (Dell 5010, with AMD G-T48E) does great on H264 stuff, but drops frames and crashes with 1080p h265 encoded material. The newer quadcore (GX-415GA) plays 1080p H265 with about 50% CPU usage (on LibreElec) and no dropped frames. When I tried with W7ES/Kodi, it pegged 100% CPU on the H265 material and dropped frames.
I run Kodi in 4k@60fps and I don't think its a heat issue.

here are my measurements:

Code:
/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone*/temp output
normal
68c
53c

After echo 750 > /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_min_freq
71c
56c

Its stable.
(2018-04-05, 21:57)billbillw Wrote:
(2018-04-05, 20:48)blokkie Wrote:

from here
Nope. I never use Sync Playback. I've set these up a few dozen times or more on various builds. There is just something with this AMD chip that doesn't want to let pass-through occur (at least not with Linux/LibreElec). Like I said, it worked just fine when I tested with W7ES and the Windows Kodi. With LibreElec, it will pass-through AC-3 and regular DTS. Just not the lossless stuff.

I would probably just use W7ES and Windows Kodi, but the performance is sluggish. The whole point of this build (going to a quad core) was to get better HEVC decoding without spending too much (NUC). My earlier generation of Thin Client (Dell 5010, with AMD G-T48E) does great on H264 stuff, but drops frames and crashes with 1080p h265 encoded material. The newer quadcore (GX-415GA) plays 1080p H265 with about 50% CPU usage (on LibreElec) and no dropped frames. When I tried with W7ES/Kodi, it pegged 100% CPU on the H265 material and dropped frames.   
I'm just wondering if the AMDGPU DC flag discussed here: (at Phoronix.com) has anything to do with my problem. Does AMDGPU have anything to do with what is being done with LibreELEC? Was it ever part of any previous Test builds?
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0405: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: a849236f3823c9091fdcde7f6d72562f33541a930046f3c97038914c4a2e361d (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.32 #1 SMP Thu Apr 5 22:47:23 BST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180405224411-#0405-g1fed43a [Build #0405]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA2 Git:4bf3584). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (1fed43a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (c691ac1, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Move all platform specific code to platform's folders.
  2. [Estuary] Reintroduce/fix busy dialog animations after #13715.
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • ADSP: Remove skin conditions (PR:13736, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Move all platform specific code to platform's folders. (PR:13739, 30 commits, 179 files changed)
    • [win10] filesystem: handle win-lib file/directory as a local resources. (PR:13740, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [cmake] move rbpi platform defines into platform file (PR:13730, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [Estuary] Reintroduce/fix busy dialog animations after #13715. (PR:13738, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. inputstream.adaptive:
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2627 (perma): linux: update to linux-4.14.32
    • Added: [env] patch: linux: drop 78xx WOL panic workaround
    • Added: [env] PR:2631 (perma): kodi: Mid April 2018
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Note that for Refresh Rate switching in #0404 and later, it is now necessary to configure the resolutions you want Kodi to use (by default, it won't use any thus no refresh rate switching).

In Settings > Display > Whitelist select the resolutions your TV supports (or you prefer) and then click OK.
  • 203(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24