Thread Closed
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-04-05, 21:57)billbillw Wrote:
(2018-04-05, 20:48)blokkie Wrote:
(2018-04-05, 01:53)billbillw Wrote: Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I'm trying to find a suitable Kodi/LibreELEC build to pass-through lossless audio codecs on my HP T620 Thin client. I've tried all the main releases and one of the Milhouse 9.0 releases from a few days ago. None will pass the lossless codec. 

This box has an AMD GX-415GA quad-core (eKabini) processor that can handle pass-through (I've tested with Windows Embedded 7 and it worked).

I'm not sure if it is limitations with the VDPAU/VAAPI drivers or what. I've had LibreELEC setup with several different boxes (Chromebox, Dell/Wyse 5010, and some Zotac boxes) and this is the only one that doesn't pass-through DD+, DTS-HD MA, or TrueHD. 

If anyone can point me to something that might work, I'd appreciate it. 

*Yes, I know I can turn off Pass-through and get multi-channel PCM, but I get better bass management when the codec is passed by bitstream to the receiver.*

Remember: "If Sync Playback to display is enabled PT gets automatically disabled."

from here
292983 (thread)      
Nope. I never use Sync Playback. I've set these up a few dozen times or more on various builds. There is just something with this AMD chip that doesn't want to let pass-through occur (at least not with Linux/LibreElec). Like I said, it worked just fine when I tested with W7ES and the Windows Kodi. With LibreElec, it will pass-through AC-3 and regular DTS. Just not the lossless stuff.

I would probably just use W7ES and Windows Kodi, but the performance is sluggish. The whole point of this build (going to a quad core) was to get better HEVC decoding without spending too much (NUC). My earlier generation of Thin Client (Dell 5010, with AMD G-T48E) does great on H264 stuff, but drops frames and crashes with 1080p h265 encoded material. The newer quadcore (GX-415GA) plays 1080p H265 with about 50% CPU usage (on LibreElec) and no dropped frames. When I tried with W7ES/Kodi, it pegged 100% CPU on the H265 material and dropped frames.   
I'm just wondering if the AMDGPU DC flag discussed here: (at Phoronix.com) has anything to do with my problem. Does AMDGPU have anything to do with what is being done with LibreELEC? Was it ever part of any previous Test builds?
  Thread Closed

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by billbillw - 2018-04-05, 23:53