• 204(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-04-05, 23:53)billbillw Wrote: I'm just wondering if the AMDGPU DC flag discussed here: (at Phoronix.com) has anything to do with my problem. Does AMDGPU have anything to do with what is being done with LibreELEC? Was it ever part of any previous Test builds?

There is no AMDGPU DC in 4.14.y, this was only added in 4.15.y. You can try a 4.15.0 LibreELEC build and see if that makes any difference. If you need a more recent mainline kernel to fix this issue then you'll need to look elsewhere as LibreELEC only ships LTS kernels now, which means 4.14.y for the next 12 months or so.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-04-06, 00:52)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-04-05, 23:53)billbillw Wrote: I'm just wondering if the AMDGPU DC flag discussed here: (at Phoronix.com) has anything to do with my problem. Does AMDGPU have anything to do with what is being done with LibreELEC? Was it ever part of any previous Test builds?

There is no AMDGPU DC in 4.14.y, this was only added in 4.15.y. You can try a 4.15.0 LibreELEC build and see if that makes any difference. If you need a more recent mainline kernel to fix this issue then you'll need to look elsewhere as LibreELEC only ships LTS kernels now, which means 4.14.y for the next 12 months or so.    
Thanks Milhouse. I will try that. From the talk in that other discussion, I may have to figure out a way to enable the DC for my SOC graphics.
(2018-04-05, 22:24)BoKKeR Wrote: I run Kodi in 4k@60fps and I don't think its a heat issue.

here are my measurements:

Code:
/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone*/temp output
normal
68c
53c

After echo 750 > /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_min_freq
71c
56c

Its stable.
 It absolutely makes no sense that it gets slower after setting the minimal frequency to 750. Normal minimum is 200. 750 will just make sure it does not reduce the clock.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Whitelist does not work for me correctly.
With any settings switches to the maximum screen resolution with a frequency of 24p.
Asrock J4205-ITX - Denon AVR-X6200W - Sharp LC-60UQ10
(2018-04-06, 10:42)bobrik73 Wrote: Whitelist does not work for me correctly.
With any settings switches to the maximum screen resolution with a frequency of 24p.
Asrock J4205-ITX - Denon AVR-X6200W - Sharp LC-60UQ10

Please enable debug logging, reboot, play a video, then upload the log.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Log
(2018-04-06, 00:52)Milhouse Wrote:

So, I made a discovery last night. After trying several different LE9.0 builds, including #0129x version based on Linux 4.15.y (which supposedly adds AMDGPU DC). Still no luck. When I queried the modules (SSH>lsmod) it didn't show anything related to AMDGPU. After this, I was getting tired of messing around with the box and was ready to accept having Kodi convert the lossless audio to PCM multichannel. 

So, I rolled it back to an official build (8.4.x?). I didn't spend to much time in the settings. To my amazement, it was all of a sudden passing DD+, DTS-HD MA and TrueHD!  

What was the difference? It took me awhile of checking settings, and run some additional testing, but I finally realized that the difference is whether or not I select to have Kodi adjust the display rate to match the video (not sync display). If I have it set to adjust at start/stop, the lossless doesn't pass-through. If I turn off "adjust refresh rate" and let it stay at 60p, it will pass-through the lossless codecs.

I have ALWAYS had my Kodi boxes set to adjust the refresh rate at start/stop and it never prevented pass-through. So, there is something still not right with the drivers or Kodi. It should be able to pass lossless no matter what the frame rate. It should be EASIER for the box to send 24p. No reverse pulldown, no frame interpolation, etc. 

Any thoughts? 

Milhouse thought that maybe @fritsch or @FernetMenta could help?

This problem only seems to be an issue with this AMD GX-415GA SOC processor (eKabini, Radeon 8330e). I've used nearly identical settings on older (G-T48E) AMD APU chips, as well as with the Haswell Chromebox. Never an issue passing lossless.
if you enable "adjust refresh rate" pass through is not working, even if its activated in GUI
Backend: Asrock N3150 with Ubuntu 22.04 Server with TvHeadend 
Living Room: Nvidia Shield with Kodi
Other Kodi Clients: Coreelec, Mibox, Windows
Has anyone tried to get the music visualizations working? I have installed 4 or 5 and they do not display when playing an audio CD or with a Pandora plugin, even after setting them from the menu.
Intel NUC6i7KYK, 16gb RAM, 128gb Plextor SSD

Details I've been reading indicate that the Nuc platforms don't passthrough 'high quality' audio streams. Enabled Passthrough, enabled all the flags that my receiver supports, no audio when selecting DTS/DTS-MA audio tracks. Disabled Passthrough, and I get audio, and according to my receiver it's the x.1 DTS/DTS-MA audio stream, not just stereo.  Not sure if this is just 'work in progress' and documentation hasn't caught up or if I missed something somewhere.

When scanning my movie collection the scraper misidentified a few things as I expected. I was able to correct them without much issue, but there are a number of movies in my collection that are older and instead of having spaces they have dots.  For some reason the scanner refuses to let me attempt to correct the name like it does with other typo'ed or 'unconventional' names. It doesn't appear to try to parse the string at all, just errors out and gives up without presenting the ability to correct/change the name.

Other than the above, the Apr 2 build is running excellently on the platform.
(2018-04-06, 05:22)fritsch Wrote:
(2018-04-05, 22:24)BoKKeR Wrote: I run Kodi in 4k@60fps and I don't think its a heat issue.

Code:
normal
68c
53c

71c
56c

Its stable.
 It absolutely makes no sense that it gets slower after setting the minimal frequency to 750. Normal minimum is 200. 750 will just make sure it does not reduce the clock. 
 I understand that it makes no sense. At best setting the frequency did not help anything. The temperatures are almost the same and the framerate is the same-ish rubbish. I could post a video tomorrow if it would help anything but I doubt it will. Is it only my NUC6CAYH that is having these troubles with 10bit 4k video on the newest builds?  @blokkie  ??
Im also not getting resolution change working.

Here is debug log: debug
(2018-04-06, 15:14)tavoc Wrote: if you enable "adjust refresh rate" pass through is not working, even if its activated in GUI

See post #3050.

(2018-04-06, 19:42)Nekromantik Wrote: Im also not getting resolution change working.

Here is debug log: debug

@Nekromantik what Whitelist resolutions did you set?
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0406: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: f47c4748ccf3a14c65f9ac064f462879415f09227aad319025b53b68f9a88853 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.32 #1 SMP Sat Apr 7 04:06:31 BST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180407040314-#0406-g0936d29 [Build #0406]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA2 Git:9dd23cb). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (0936d29, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (9dd23cb, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. kill global g_graphicsContext, g_textureManager, and g_LargeTextureManager
  2. PVR API 5.9.0 updates
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • kodi: remove rss hack (PR:2638, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • RPi: add alsa card conf for Allo DigiOne to enable passthrough (PR:2636, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • Component logging disabled on fresh install / Video component not pre (PR:13742, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • kill global g_graphicsContext, g_textureManager, and g_LargeTextureManager (PR:13724, 5 commits, 202 files changed)
  3. inputstream.adaptive:
    • [Android] log DRM__systemId (ce6b205)
    • Parse X-Limit-Video Header after license request (9560930)
    • Version bump 2.2.12 (0a17b3b)
    • Trust decode check instead key status (b129dce)
    • Version bump 2.2.13 (f66e2de)
  4. pvr.teleboy:
    • PVR API 5.9.0 (PR:6, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2627 (perma): linux: update to linux-4.14.32
    • Updated: [env] PR:2631 (perma): kodi: Mid April 2018
    • Updated: [pkg] patch: Mode whitelist
    • Added: [pkg] PR:13 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.vdr.vnsi)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:20 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.octonet)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:46 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.njoy)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:58 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.pctv)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:59 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.wmc)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:61 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.demo)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:71 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.dvbviewer)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:72 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.nextpvr)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:77 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.hdhomerun)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:79 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.argustv)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:82 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.filmon)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:84 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.vuplus)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:85 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.mediaportal.tvserver)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:99 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.mythtv)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:101 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.dvblink)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:110 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.stalker)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:182 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.iptvsimple)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:207 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.vbox)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:363 (perma): PVR API 5.9.0 (pvr.hts)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:13720 (perma): Allow a PVR addon to set a start offset of a stream to be played
(2018-04-06, 19:12)BoKKeR Wrote:
(2018-04-06, 05:22)fritsch Wrote:

Code:
normal
68c
53c

71c
56c

Its stable.
 I understand that it makes no sense. At best setting the frequency did not help anything. The temperatures are almost the same and the framerate is the same-ish rubbish. I could post a video tomorrow if it would help anything but I doubt it will. Is it only my NUC6CAYH that is having these troubles with 10bit 4k video on the newest builds?  @blokkie  ?? 
 Videos in general don't help. Debug Log does.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 204(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24