• 206(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
I installed the latest build 0407 on my existing krypton 17.6 installation. I use my pc with an 42" Panasonic Plasma TV. On krypton the option "use limited color range" was by default activated as it should. On Kodi 18, by default it is deactivated and the menu is way more blacker then on krypton. When I active "use limited color range" the menu gets more blacker. Is that normal?
(2018-04-09, 20:19)heinbloet Wrote:
(2018-04-07, 17:26)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-04-07, 17:14)heinbloet Wrote: My question: Is it possible to run newest Kodi 18 testbuilds with older Kernelversions? If yes: how

Sure - downgrade the kernel in git to whatever version you need then compile LibreELEC.

Edit: you'll need to go back a long way to avoid the bug - it's in 4.9.y: https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-medi...21356.html 
 Thank you for your answer. How do I downgrade the kernel in git? So far i have been able to follow the instructions from https://wiki.libreelec.tv/compile#tab__f...hub_master . A Server is set up and running. Do i have to edit the package.mk file in /packages/linux or is there a better way to downgrade? Thanks in advance.

Yes, you need to edit the package.mk back to 4.9.y, and fix any build issues (including reverting kernel patches, kernel firmware) that may result from using an older kernel. If you need more assistance I suggest opening a thread on the LibreELEC forum as continued discussion is off topic for this test thread.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0409: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: aa07a1d601c3f461e2d7515920a6facec8d3cd0ce6863f02f22df2f5669e27fa (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.33 #1 SMP Mon Apr 9 22:40:15 BST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180409221155-#0409-gb76223e [Build #0409]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA2 Git:ff02b71). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (b76223e, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (9f206f4, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.14.33 kernel
  2. have ServiceBroker return a pointer for WinSystem
  3. [Music]Refactor Artist/Album Information Dialog
  4. Add OnResume, OnAVChange and OnAVStart to jsonRPC notifications
  5. Verify add-on zip authenticity
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • u-boot: Odroid-C2 Adjust dvfs table for high cpu frequency sets (PR:2634, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [Music]Refactor Artist/Album Information Dialog (PR:13672, 4 commits, 19 files changed)
    • Add OnResume, OnAVChange and OnAVStart to jsonRPC notifications (PR:13726, 1 commit, 11 files changed)
    • Do not invoke UpdateFileList() when calling SaveFileState() (PR:11691, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Add cmake instructions for vs 2017 (PR:13751, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • have ServiceBroker return a pointer for WinSystem (PR:13748, 1 commit, 185 files changed)
    • [ci] update travis to xenial (9f206f4)
  3. libnfs:
    • The check for getpwnam wrongly succeeded on some systems (PR:243, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Add nfsport/mountport arguments (b54fc96)
  4. pvr.argustv:
    • PVR API 5.9.0 (PR:79, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2627 (perma): linux: update to linux-4.14.32
    • Updated: [env] PR:2631 (perma): kodi: Mid April 2018
    • Updated: [pkg] patch: Mode whitelist
    • Added: [pkg] PR:13647 (perma): Verify add-on zip authenticity
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I've pulled #0409 as remote control input is not working. At all (confirmed with both RPi2 and Generic builds).

Investigating...
The IR regression seems to be due to:
(2018-04-10, 00:42)Milhouse Wrote:
  1. XBMC:
    • have ServiceBroker return a pointer for WinSystem (PR:13748, 1 commit, 185 files changed)
Here are two photos of the dark menu. The first photo shows version 17.6 krypton and the second shows the latest build. Its way to black. I have an intel GPU HD610.

Here is a pastebin from /usr/bin/xrandr -display :0 --verbose | pastebinit:

Link
@blob810 

I had the same condition with the v18 Kodi/LibreELEC builds on Intel hardware (see my sig). With previous versions (v17.x), under Windows or LibreElec, I would set Kodi to limited (16-235) colorspace and my TV black level to "Low".

What works for me now with v18.x LibreELEC is Kodi set to full (0-255) and my TV black level set to "Normal". The Kodi GUI looks normal, and I don't have crushed blacks and whites. My gradient test pattern files still look smooth also.

Windows Kodi (v18.x) still works with the old settings.
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
The problem is on my TV i can´t set the color range to fulll. I have no settings for it.
(2018-04-11, 04:33)blob810 Wrote: The problem is on my TV i can´t set the color range to fulll. I have no settings for it.
 Have the same issue, it also makes the movies very dark.
Thanks for bringing this up I thought there was something wrong with my TV

@Milhouse  Any update on UHD ISO support?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I know there have been a lot of PVR changes lately and not sure when this first started but my channels do not show with their assigned numbers. Using Tvheadend for OTA programming. The server web interface still shows the assigned numbers (i.e. 5.1, 5.2, 16.1, 16.2) the client on LibreELEC just lists them starting at one (i.e. 1, 2, 3). Remember seeing something in the thread about Tvheadend but could not seem to find it. Is this a know issue?
(2018-04-11, 15:55)toasterboy1 Wrote: I know there have been a lot of PVR changes lately and not sure when this first started but my channels do not show with their assigned numbers. Using Tvheadend for OTA programming. The server web interface still shows the assigned numbers (i.e. 5.1, 5.2, 16.1, 16.2) the client on LibreELEC just lists them starting at one (i.e. 1, 2, 3). Remember seeing something in the thread about Tvheadend but could not seem to find it. Is this a know issue?

There is a Kodi PVR setting "use backend channel numbers". If it is turned off, Kodi assigns channel numbers and ignores the numbers provided by the backend. This setting is there for ages, nothing new or changed lately.
(2018-04-11, 15:39)movie78 Wrote: @Milhouse  Any update on UHD ISO support?

Not at this time - there were problems with 1.0.2 on RPi that resulted in crashes and which will need to be fixed first. I'll see if there's been any progress on that.

Edit: It's on the list of things to be fixed but not yet top of the priority list.
(2018-04-11, 18:57)ksooo Wrote: There is a Kodi PVR setting "use backend channel numbers". If it is turned off, Kodi assigns channel numbers and ignores the numbers provided by the backend. This setting is there for ages, nothing new or changed lately. 
 Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I am never sure when things are "normal" and then after updating a few times you notice something "weird". I did have a little mishap where I downgraded by a bit and it reset a bunch of things. I will make sure to check settings before I post next time.
Quick question, what's the reason for the stop in using new kernels?
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
Hmm all 720p resolution video's now upscales to 4k, even if gui is set to 1080p, 1080p is not affected and stays in 1080p 4k also stays 4k.

Must try latest test build, the above happens with build from 7 april.

Will post logs when I am back home.
Connect 55 UHD SL4xx / Onkyo TX-SR444 / Intel Apollo Lake  / Ziggo Mediabox XL / 2x upc ci+ nagravision module / using dvb-c and dvb-s(19,2/23,5/28.2)
  • 206(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24