• 224(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-05-10, 09:00)jznine Wrote:
(2018-05-08, 09:19)jznine Wrote: Since after approximately 04/02 build, playback on my machine has no longer changed the display (60hz) to match the source refresh rate (24hz)? This happens for all videos and rates. See attached for a log file for the 04/02 test, and one using the latest nightly. Change display to match source etc is enabled and has been previously working fine. 

Any ideas? I thought it was just broken for a while, but haven't seen any resolution since then when testing new nightlies.

thanks
Any ideas anyone? @Milhouse @fritsch

Did you see the question from @blob810 immediately after your last post?

Or this post?

Once you have added your refresh rates to the Whitelist you will also need to enable Settings > Player > Videos > Adjust display refresh rate > Always (although this setting will be dropped eventually).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@debutanker snap - you were quicker than me! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-05-10, 09:17)Milhouse Wrote: @debutanker snap - you were quicker than me! Smile

Still clear in my mind - final preparations for 'father's day" here in germany.... Blush
NVIDIA Shield, H270M-Plus (i3-7100),NUC7i3BNH,WeTekHub,Pi2,Win10Server.
Ok, sorry I thought that was for another post, & I missed the whitelist change to kodi display setup in the notes.

I now feel like rube. Sorry all

Tested and working good again now. Appreciate the effort everyone puts in to these LibreELEC builds.

Any idea what the default will be for the adjust display refresh rate once it is removed from the GUI?
(2018-05-09, 18:34)seiichiro0185 Wrote: Hi there,

first of all thanks for all the great work with this build and Kodi/Libreelec in general, which runs absolutely amazing on my "Production" Mediacenter (Old Zotax ZBox passive).

I recently got my hands on a NUC7PJYH and I'm seeing the same problem as TheKraut reported. The integrated IR-Receiver works for a couple of keypresses and then stops doing anything. This happens with all the Alpha Builds back until March (didn't test further), and also with a current ArchLinux Installation including latest Kernel 4.16.7. I also tried the Installation from my old Zotac Box and a completely clean new Install of Libreelec.

I'll try to get a Windows 10 Installation onto the device and report back if it behaves any different. 
 So I installed Windows 10 on my Intel NUC7PJYH and tested the integrated IR receiver there.  It works without a problem. So it really seems to be a software problem on Linux (I suspect in the kernel). Unfortunately I have no usefull experience with debugging kernel driver issues.

If anyone has an idea what I could test or do to debug this problem further I'll gladly do it.
#0508 when playing 4K content, the screen does not go to 4K and continues to work at 1080p.
(2018-05-10, 10:23)seiichiro0185 Wrote:
(2018-05-09, 18:34)seiichiro0185 Wrote: The integrated IR-Receiver works for a couple of keypresses and then stops doing anything. This happens with all the Alpha Builds back until March (didn't test further), and also with a current ArchLinux Installation including latest Kernel 4.16.7.

I'll try to get a Windows 10 Installation onto the device and report back if it behaves any different. 
 So I installed Windows 10 on my Intel NUC7PJYH and tested the integrated IR receiver there.  It works without a problem. So it really seems to be a software problem on Linux (I suspect in the kernel). Unfortunately I have no usefull experience with debugging kernel driver issues.

If anyone has an idea what I could test or do to debug this problem further I'll gladly do it.
Report the issue to the ArchLinux folks. Chances are higher that someone of them might have such a NUC and could work on a solution with the upstream kernel folks.

so long,

Hias
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0510: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 12d629289dee8d295e259970d8353099b21ee8385418fa97b488b4fd839967ea (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.39 #1 SMP Fri May 11 05:17:42 BST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180511051447-#0510-g0172956 [Build #0510]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA2 Git:eb1e22e). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (0172956, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (d4d5c41, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. init: add sky42 enhancements/bug fixes
  2. RPi, Generic: fix erratic IR timeout behaviour on Topseed mceusb receiver 1784:0011
  3. Resolution: User current resolution - desktop might be something else
  4. [Music]Artist art in file view and on playback from fileview
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • windowing: use desktop resolution as a fallback (PR:13860, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix two VAAPI crash bugs (PR:13863, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. inputstream.adaptive:
    • Trust audio descryption from manifest / stream could be wrong ([enca] (9bd5bdd)
    • AdaptationSet sorting and merging (013351d)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:2689 (perma): init: add sky42 enhancements/bug fixes
    • Added: [env] PR:2692 (perma): RPi, Generic: fix erratic IR timeout behaviour on Topseed mceusb receiver 1784:0011
    • Added: [pkg] PR:13868 (perma): Resolution: User current resolution - desktop might be something else
    • Added: [pkg] PR:13871 (perma): [Music]Artist art in file view and on playback from fileview
(2018-05-08, 07:58)debutanker Wrote: Yesterday i've just noticed that my iMON VFD only shows "Thanks for using..." and after cutting it off from power supply, it's completely "dead" (black screen) ---> http://ix.io/19Ih
Seems that something brings back an older issue for me --->
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2666523
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2651864

Deactivated and reactivated XBMC LCDproc/LCDproc and everything seems to be fine again.
NVIDIA Shield, H270M-Plus (i3-7100),NUC7i3BNH,WeTekHub,Pi2,Win10Server.
The past 4 or 5 builds I've been unable to skip back/forward any of my video media past about 30seconds, I just end up with a blank screen. I've made all the changes regarding whitelisting resolutions/refresh rates (I have always had the option "Adjust display refresh rate" to "Always"), but nothing has helped. The whole video file plays just fine, but if i try to skip for any amount, 10/30/60 etc, I get a black screen but the audio is fine. I normally have Kodi set to [email protected] (or 24 as my TV likes to show) but tests with videos recorded at 23.97, 25 or 50/60 I get the same behaviour.

I've tried to upload a log, but when I perform the submit logs and get a URL, I get a black screen again so nothing is displayed, and Kodi restarts back to the start with debugging still active. UPDATE: I think this is the log: https://pastebin.com/gwWQ0bFt

Any ideas?
you can find the log files under libreelec shares just point your windows file explorer to \\yourlibreelecip\Logfiles upload the latest logfile to pastebin or equal site.
Connect 55 UHD SL4xx / Onkyo TX-SR444 / Intel Apollo Lake  / Ziggo Mediabox XL / 2x upc ci+ nagravision module / using dvb-c and dvb-s(19,2/23,5/28.2)
(2018-05-11, 14:42)Devil-Strike Wrote: you can find the log files under libreelec shares just point your windows file explorer to \\yourlibreelecip\Logfiles upload the latest logfile to pastebin or equal site.
 Thanks, I think I found the log it would have attempted to upload: https://pastebin.com/gwWQ0bFt
(2018-05-11, 14:31)Taomyn Wrote: The past 4 or 5 builds I've been unable to skip back/forward any of my video media past about 30seconds, I just end up with a blank screen. I've made all the changes regarding whitelisting resolutions/refresh rates (I have always had the option "Adjust display refresh rate" to "Always"), but nothing has helped. The whole video file plays just fine, but if i try to skip for any amount, 10/30/60 etc, I get a black screen but the audio is fine. I normally have Kodi set to [email protected] (or 24 as my TV likes to show) but tests with videos recorded at 23.97, 25 or 50/60 I get the same behaviour.

I've tried to upload a log, but when I perform the submit logs and get a URL, I get a black screen again so nothing is displayed, and Kodi restarts back to the start with debugging still active. UPDATE: I think this is the log: https://pastebin.com/gwWQ0bFt

Any ideas?

Yes, it's an Nvidia problem - see comments on PR13824. Going back to #0504 may be the best option until there is a fix.

Separately I've also noticed that audio is glitchy for the first few seconds when starting a video - I need to try and identify when that problem was introduced (not sure if it's Nvidia specific or not), I don't think it was too long ago that it started.
(2018-05-11, 17:50)Milhouse Wrote: Yes, it's an Nvidia problem - see comments on PR13824. Going back to #0504 may be the best option until there is a fix.

Separately I've also noticed that audio is glitchy for the first few seconds when starting a video - I need to try and identify when that problem was introduced (not sure if it's Nvidia specific or not), I don't think it was too long ago that it started. 
Ok, thanks - I'll roll-back and await a fix
From 0510 Kodi freezes when it does library clean on boot.
Tried 3 times all froze at different stages. 

Does not seem to create crash log.
  • 224(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24