v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-05-14, 23:18)SuperSheep81 Wrote:
(2018-05-14, 20:53)fritsch Wrote:
(2018-05-14, 20:26)SuperSheep81 Wrote: Hello Millhous,

I hope this is the right thread to ask.

In #0425 ffmpeg bumped to 4.0. Is there any chance that HEVC hardware acceleration will be supported in 10bit on Nvidia gpu's? Ffmpeg 4.0 does support that.

I hope you (or any other developer) can answer my question.

Thanks in advance!
 No. VDPAU was abondonned by nvidia, for now nvidia has no plans to support 10 bit. CUVID is just another PITA - only supporting new nvidia cards. I see no solution for nvidia.  
 VDPAU is abandonned. Nvidia developers say the Nvidia Video SDK supports 10 bit. And is already in FFMPEG 4.0. I don't know if it is impossible to bump VDPAU tp the Video SDK. Eventually lots of people will buy a new GPU in time. Nvidia is one of the 3 big players in GPU world. Maybe someone can take a look at it. (I'am no developer) 
 That way you would loose support for all "older" nvidia gpus. To support both yet another hw decoder in kodi needs to be implemented, just cause nvidia does not want to support common APIs, even not those that they designed themselves (vdpau ...). For a kodi htpc nvidia gpus are totally useless.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by fritsch - 2018-05-15, 07:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24