• 254(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
Also tried 620 and 627.

Same results. Not sure how to post images.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Photographs might be best. Upload to imgur.com, paste the link.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
If I guess the install buttons on the keyboard the kodi interface looks similar, way oversized with flickering.
It's as though it were trying to display a 4K image on a 1080p display.

What are the TV specs, and what port on the PC are you using (HDMI, DP etc.)?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Weekly Linux 4.18-rc1 build #0627x: Generic

Packages disabled/not included:
text:

DVB Driver Addons
Spinelplus support
(2018-06-28, 02:06)Milhouse Wrote: It's as though it were trying to display a 4K image on a 1080p display.

What are the TV specs, and what port on the PC are you using (HDMI, DP etc.)?

4K TV over HDMI

When I originally installed 8.2.5 the install screens were correct, but GPU not supported on boot as expected.
@Milhouse did u checked that my log file?
(2018-06-27, 00:49)Milhouse Wrote: [getedid] Add AMD support and react on used kernel

Hey folkks and testers. I personally would be interested if the getedid-script works for you.

What that script is for:

Let's assume you have a connection like this: HTPC->HDMI->AVR->HDMI->TV

If the HTPC is turned on as the first device in the chain, then it might be possible, that the HTPC can't fetch the EDID given from the AVR or the TV and the screen will stay black. Only solution is to reboot the HTPC.

That script solves that problem. At least in a bit Wink. It hardcodes the EDID into a file which then will be used at boot time. So the device will kind of "know" what kind of device is connected, even if it's not turned on.

Note: The AVR or the TV has to be connected while using kernel >4.15 as you can't force an output due to a bug IIRC

Usage:

- Connect all devices properly
- start all connected devices and make sure everything works fine (audio is ok, audiio formats are ok, picture is ok in regard of resolution and such)
- login via SSH
- enter getedid create

That's it. Depending on the GPU in use the device will either restart Kodi or reboot itself. After that it shouldn't matter if the HTPC is turned on as the first or the last device in the chain. It should always give you a screen.

Troubleshooting:

If the create-command doesn't work you probably used that script in an older version before. If that's the case you have to delete the created edid before. That's also easily done by the script while using getedid delete via SSH. After the deletion (and a possbile reboot/restart) is done, you should be able to use getedid create again.

Why I'm speaking to:

I once wrote that script some time ago with the help of @Milhouse and @lrusak (thanks for that) and in that version I added the support of AMD GPUs. I would love to see some AMD users to report if the script works fine for them or not. I'm also interested if it works for Intel or NVidia users as well. But AMD support is the new addition and I "kind of" expect Intel and NVidia to work. But reports are always welcome

As there's also a kernel change from LE 8.2.5 to the current nightlies, I had to change drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware to drm.edid_firmware as the former is deprecated since kernel 4.15. Currently we can't force the output internally like we could do with LE 8.2.5. So plewase don't assume you are able to run Kodi headless. If that will be fixed, I`ll change it ASAP.

Thanks for reading and please ping me if you notice something.

Cheers
DaVu
(2018-06-26, 20:39)billbillw Wrote:
(2018-06-26, 17:12)Mitch23 Wrote: @billbillw

Also have a NUC7i3BNH.
HDMI version 1.66 has worked only with an adapter from USB-C to HDMI for me (to a Denon AVR X4000).
After an update to the new version, DTS-HD works now with HDMI (but USB-C is no longer working).
OK, Maybe I'll try the 1.72. At this point, nothing to loose. I can swap back to my Windows SSD tonight and give it a try. Oddly, with 1.66, I had lots of issues with the USB-C-HDMI converter. I had problems with the projector saying unsupported video feed, but it wasn't consistent. 
I updated the NUC7i3BNH to HDMI firmware 1.72 last night. Swapped the windows SSD back to the LibreELEC SSD and I am still having the same issue. No sound output with DTSHDMA and TrueHD when trying to Passthrough. It was late and I didn't try any variations with display rate. I will play around more tonight and try to get another log. At this point, I may have to settle for Window and all its frustrations.
(2018-06-28, 10:07)DaVu Wrote:
(2018-06-27, 00:49)Milhouse Wrote: [getedid] Add AMD support and react on used kernel

Hey folkks and testers. I personally would be interested if the getedid-script works for you.

Cheers
DaVu 
A more interesting use case:
hdmi1 ->tv
hdmi2->avr

100% of the video always goes via hdm1 to TV
99%  of the time audio also goes via hdmi1 to TV
1% of the time I would like to use audio passthrough via hdmi2 to AVR (video still goes via hdm1 to TV)

Obviously, the avr is off 99% of the time and is only switched on for the 1% of the time I would like to use the enhanced audio formats via passthrough.

Even better would be dynamical re-enumeration of the audio formats in case I use a single hdmi -> avr -> TV, where the AVR, when off/standby, passes the TV formats through, and offers its full audio capabilities when on.

Is that something this script can handle?

Thx,
(2018-06-27, 11:50)Jezze Wrote: Im not sure if i have banned addon but that is the only way how to test it. I think that problem is kodi side because all subtitle addons not working.

I'm pretty sure you do know, as it's clear as day from your log, so try testing on a "clean" kodi installation without the banned addons.

I will say there is only one error in your log which relates to service.subtitles.opensubtitles:
text:
12:45:26.355 T:139813479466752 DEBUG: ### [__main__] - action 'search' called
12:45:26.356 T:139813479466752 ERROR: EXCEPTION: XBMC is not playing any file
12:45:26.356 T:139813479466752 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
Error Contents: XBMC is not playing any file
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.subtitles.opensubtitles/service.py", line 141, in <module>
item['file_original_path'] = xbmc.Player().getPlayingFile().decode('utf-8') # Full path of a playing file
RuntimeError: XBMC is not playing any file
-->End of Python script error report<--
12:45:26.356 T:139813479466752 DEBUG: onExecutionDone(17, /storage/.kodi/addons/service.subtitles.opensubtitles/service.py)
But hard to know if this is significant or not.

You said reverting to #0611 is working, are you saying it doesn't work in #0612?
(2018-06-28, 14:14)yamcenutzer Wrote: Is that something this script can handle?

Nope

The script is not meant for dynamic adjustments. It's more about to prevent a black screen if no EDID was fetched at all.

Generally you decide at which point you hardcode the EDID. After that point no adjustments can be done beside hardcoding new EDID informations.

If you want to pass video and audio to TV via HDMI1 and tomorrow want to pass video to TV via HDMI1 and audio to AVR via HDMI2, then that has to be adjusted via the Kodi audio output device setting and in that case I wouldn't recommend the use of that script at all. You also have to do more adjustments to the settings. As your TV might not be able to handle every HD audio format.

It might probably be possible if we can force an output internally (not sure). But as said, as long as that's not possible, we can't even test that.
(2018-06-28, 10:07)DaVu Wrote: Hey folkks and testers. I personally would be interested if the getedid-script works for you.

Cheers
DaVu  
 Hi!

It works fine again with #0626.
I have: Intel NUC7i3BNH HDMI -> Denon AVR (1080p) -> Samsung TV

I have quite a strict power-on order in my remote/setup so that is not my main concern, it usually works without EDID, but my previous "rainbowy noise problem" is far less eminent with custom EDID. I had almost forgot about it up until custom EDID stopped working just now.

(Details on the rainbowy-noise: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2712026)

So your script is a definitive plus for my installation, thanx!

Wish
That's good to hear. Thanks Wink
  • 254(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24