• 265(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
@lwrcase the Category "Install from zip" widget on the Home screen has never worked, it's a known issue - use the "Install from zip" button in Settings > Addons.

So just to confirm, with #0703c there's no video stutter and no audio issue. That's good to know. @Aenima99x it would be great if you're able to confirm the same, or provide a debug log.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-07-07, 00:07)Pienoet Wrote:
(2018-07-06, 13:23)fritsch Wrote: Thx I sent a PR.

Edit: No crash here, also no error in log, but screen is entirely black in that method. Same btw. for BOB which takes the same path (sse4 copy + gl render).

I just installed #706 and same behaviour.

Always post a new crashlog, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I suffered from the "remote stops working after 5 seconds" on my NUC7PJYH. I downgraded BIOS to JY0027.bio and now everything seems to work normally again.

@seiichiro0185, @HiassofT, @TheKraut
(2018-07-07, 07:27)fritsch Wrote:
(2018-07-07, 00:07)Pienoet Wrote:
(2018-07-06, 13:23)fritsch Wrote: Thx I sent a PR.

Edit: No crash here, also no error in log, but screen is entirely black in that method. Same btw. for BOB which takes the same path (sse4 copy + gl render).
Debug Log
I just installed #706 and same behaviour. 

Always post a new crashlog, please. 

@fritsch sorry for misunderstanding but the crashing is fixed but i have the same behaviour as you entire screen is black same as for “bob”.

debug_log
(2018-07-07, 07:01)Milhouse Wrote: @lwrcase the Category "Install from zip" widget on the Home screen has never worked, it's a known issue - use the "Install from zip" button in Settings > Addons.

So just to confirm, with #0703c there's no video stutter and no audio issue. That's good to know. @Aenima99x it would be great if you're able to confirm the same, or provide a debug log.
Sorry we lost power for 8 hours yesterday during 118F temps and I'm heading out on vacation tomorrow so I won't be able to test it for a while. The audio issue was very minor though and I don't know that I could reproduce.
hello group, 3 days ago that youtube does not work, before it goes very well. I leave the log to review

Thank you

http://ix.io/1gmn
(2018-07-07, 19:54)arielf Wrote: hello group, 3 days ago that youtube does not work, before it goes very well. I leave the log to review

Thank you

I don't understand you - do you have a problem now or not? If so describe the problem rather than a vague "it doesn't work".

You've posted a crash log but you've never had a crash so there is nothing to review.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0707: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 104c2d7e00566470854c5fafa2c5ed88fab81f46b27132d54364d13434f002b4 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.17.4 #1 SMP Sat Jul 7 22:04:12 BST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180707220257-#0707-g65d87ea [Build #0707]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA3 Git:5014160). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (65d87ea, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (2a76746, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. systemd: change uuid generation
  2. move activating OSD to GUIWindowFullScreen
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • ffmpeg: install ffmpeg from ffmpeg-tools, don't include in image (PR:2805, 7 commits, 10 files changed)
    • settings: bump LibreELEC-settings to pick-up changes (PR:2819, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • systemd: change uuid generation (PR:2708, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • RetroPlayer: Zero-copy support (PR:14149, 4 commits, 34 files changed)
    • [cleanup] silence compiler warnings (PR:14159, 4 commits, 12 files changed)
    • move activating OSD to GUIWindowFullScreen (PR:14158, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. libnfs:
    • configure.ac: fix --enable-utils (PR:261, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. pvr.zattoo:
    • Enable replay also for hls streams (12134c8)
(2018-07-07, 23:05)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-07-07, 19:54)arielf Wrote: hello group, 3 days ago that youtube does not work, before it goes very well. I leave the log to review

Thank you

I don't understand you - do you have a problem now or not? If so describe the problem rather than a vague "it doesn't work".

You've posted a crash log but you've never had a crash so there is nothing to review.

I've moved your latest post to the Raspberry Pi thread as you've now posted a Raspberry Pi log.
This positing relocated to RPi2 forum
(2018-07-07, 10:24)keoma Wrote: I suffered from the "remote stops working after 5 seconds" on my NUC7PJYH. I downgraded BIOS to JY0027.bio and now everything seems to work normally again.

Thanks, @keoma. I can confirm that after downgrading my NUC7CJYH to the 0027 BIOS, integrated CIR works fine with the latest #0707 LE build. Using a Logitech Harmony 350 universal remote.

As a side note to other users, I left the BIOS settings untouched after the implicit reset caused by the downgrade, except for disabling Secure Boot. Subsequently disabling CEC did not make any difference in terms of CIR functioning in LE.
(2018-07-08, 10:56)TheKraut Wrote:
(2018-07-07, 10:24)keoma Wrote: I suffered from the "remote stops working after 5 seconds" on my NUC7PJYH. I downgraded BIOS to JY0027.bio and now everything seems to work normally again.

Thanks, @keoma. I can confirm that after downgrading my NUC7CJYH to the 0027 BIOS, integrated CIR works fine with the latest #0707 LE build. Using a Logitech Harmony 350 universal remote.

As a side note to other users, I left the BIOS settings untouched after the implicit reset caused by the downgrade, except for disabling Secure Boot. Subsequently disabling CEC did not make any difference in terms of CIR functioning in LE. 
 This is really interesting info. Can you contact intel support and make them aware of that?

The BIOS release notes listed various firmware updates (for the embedded controller and power management controller) for 0037, maybe one of these is causing the issues. Just a wild guess though, and probably only Intel can tell for sure.

so long,

Hias
That reminds me on the early days of the Intel nucs where we organized a shit storm until they fix cir.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-06-28, 10:07)DaVu Wrote:
(2018-06-27, 00:49)Milhouse Wrote: [getedid] Add AMD support and react on used kernel

Hey folkks and testers. I personally would be interested if the getedid-script works for you.

What that script is for:

Let's assume you have a connection like this: HTPC->HDMI->AVR->HDMI->TV

If the HTPC is turned on as the first device in the chain, then it might be possible, that the HTPC can't fetch the EDID given from the AVR or the TV and the screen will stay black. Only solution is to reboot the HTPC.

That script solves that problem. At least in a bit Wink. It hardcodes the EDID into a file which then will be used at boot time. So the device will kind of "know" what kind of device is connected, even if it's not turned on.

Note: The AVR or the TV has to be connected while using kernel >4.15 as you can't force an output due to a bug IIRC

Usage:

- Connect all devices properly
- start all connected devices and make sure everything works fine (audio is ok, audiio formats are ok, picture is ok in regard of resolution and such)
- login via SSH
- enter getedid create

That's it. Depending on the GPU in use the device will either restart Kodi or reboot itself. After that it shouldn't matter if the HTPC is turned on as the first or the last device in the chain. It should always give you a screen.

Troubleshooting:

If the create-command doesn't work you probably used that script in an older version before. If that's the case you have to delete the created edid before. That's also easily done by the script while using getedid delete via SSH. After the deletion (and a possbile reboot/restart) is done, you should be able to use getedid create again.

Why I'm speaking to:

I once wrote that script some time ago with the help of @Milhouse and @lrusak (thanks for that) and in that version I added the support of AMD GPUs. I would love to see some AMD users to report if the script works fine for them or not. I'm also interested if it works for Intel or NVidia users as well. But AMD support is the new addition and I "kind of" expect Intel and NVidia to work. But reports are always welcome

As there's also a kernel change from LE 8.2.5 to the current nightlies, I had to change drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware to drm.edid_firmware as the former is deprecated since kernel 4.15. Currently we can't force the output internally like we could do with LE 8.2.5. So plewase don't assume you are able to run Kodi headless. If that will be fixed, I`ll change it ASAP.

Thanks for reading and please ping me if you notice something.

Cheers
DaVu 
 Just a reminder for those who want to test.

Thx again.
(2018-07-08, 11:56)HiassofT Wrote: This is really interesting info. Can you contact intel support and make them aware of that?
 From this post at the Intel Community, it appears as if somebody already did and they decided to not give a cr*p about it because Linux is not officially supported Sad

Kinda ridiculous, given that both the NUC7C and NUC7P have been given a certificed pre-install status by Ubuntu by now.

[Edit] Added a post over Intel forums. Anyone having the same issue, feel free to assist in increasing the attention, so that we mayhopefully get a proper, long-term solution. Thanks to everybody who helped in nailing down the issue and sorry to everybody else for polluting this thread with multiple posts Wink
  • 265(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24