• 308(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-10-29, 02:52)winux Wrote: I removed the autostart.sh and updated to #1028. i saw the libreelec boot screen and after that as soon as it booted into the ui it went black again. so no it's not working out of the box with #1028.
I added the autostart.sh again, rebooted, got picture and it's working fine.

That's unfortunate. Can you post kodi.log from #1028 when booting *without* the workaround?

BTW, starting with #1028 you can now add the workaround with:
text:

echo KODI_GL_INTERFACE=GLX >/storage/.config/kodi.conf
which is a permanent fix, as it will survive a reboot. You no longer need the entry in autostart.sh.

To disable the workaround either remove /storage/.config/kodi.conf, or comment the line ie.
text:

#KODI_GL_INTERFACE=GLX
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-10-29, 03:55)Milhouse Wrote: That's unfortunate. Can you post kodi.log from #1028 when booting *without* the workaround?

Can you try this build which has a modified (hopefully correct!) fallback patch #1028b: Generic

Again, please remove/disable the workaround - #1028b should work "out of the box".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-10-29, 10:46)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-10-29, 03:55)Milhouse Wrote: That's unfortunate. Can you post kodi.log from #1028 when booting *without* the workaround?

Can you try this build which has a modified (hopefully correct!) fallback patch #1028b: Generic

Again, please remove/disable the workaround - #1028b should work "out of the box".

Of course, sorry i'm not at home so it will take a while but you will geht an answer tonight.
(2018-10-29, 10:46)Milhouse Wrote:

confirmed! #1028b got picture and works without the autostart.sh mod out of the box. thx again for that one =)
Thanks @winux.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1029: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 6fbd2f01e9a3bc2375497a0a8bc5a20782da9c20ad0eb8f44b0252d84c1953d8 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.19.0 #1 SMP Mon Oct 29 21:04:15 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181029210252-#1029-g01f20a4 [Build #1029]

# Kodi version
(18.0-BETA5 Git:ab5576d). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (01f20a4, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (ab5576d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. [GLES] VideoPlayer: YUV2RGB rework, Tonemapping, and other cleanup
  2. GLContextEGL: Fall back to GL 2 compatibility version
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [GLES] VideoPlayer: YUV2RGB rework, Tonemapping, and other cleanup (PR:14704, 6 commits, 30 files changed)
    • GLContextEGL: Fall back to GL 2 compatibility version (PR:14737, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. inputstream.rtmp:
  3. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • [depends] bump zlib to 1.2.11 (PR:200, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
  4. vfs.libarchive:
    • [depends] bump openssl to 1.1.1 (PR:25, 4 commits, 30 files changed)
    • bump version to 1.0.4 (6d39012)
  5. vfs.sftp:
    • [fix] windows crash (PR:19, 6 commits, 27 files changed)
    • bump version to 1.0.1 (6749200)
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1030: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: a95eec621d5ef0ce1263514d8fd1d9eb4b5784b1fcb89720e4602fd81fdc7a66 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.19.0 #1 SMP Tue Oct 30 21:05:01 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181030210338-#1030-gaf991c8 [Build #1030]

# Kodi version
(18.0-BETA5 Git:abaf617). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (af991c8, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (abaf617, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Correctly read artist art after Coverity scan fix
  2. [Estuary] Video OSD and Music OSD enhancements/fixes.
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • linux (Generic): update to linux-4.19 (PR:2937, 22 commits, 12 files changed)
    • linux (RPi): update to linux-4.19 (PR:2954, 38 commits, 17 files changed)
    • DVB driver addons update to latest (PR:3001, 6 commits, 17 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • Correctly read artist art after Coverity scan fix (PR:14741, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Estuary] Video OSD and Music OSD enhancements/fixes. (PR:14739, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [JSON]Fix use of IsBroken method in addon serialization (PR:14738, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Fix resolution changes on OSX (PR:14510, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [Estuary] Add media/flags/audiocodec/mp3float.png texture to support (PR:14745, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix empty VideoResolution for certain 4K videos (PR:14742, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. inputstream.adaptive:
    • Jenfinsfile only for osx / win (64bb8d0)
    • Version bump 2.3.5 (294fff5)
  4. pvr.vuplus:
    • Externalise config (PR:121, 5 commits, 43 files changed)
I've tested 1030 today and compared the XBOX DVD dongle support with kodi 17.
Although the remote works for the most part (guess some buttons need to be reassigned) it feels sluggish. It doesnt respond well to multiple presses. Can this be configured somehow?
(2018-06-19, 03:30)billbillw Wrote: OK, I thought I'd try again now that these builds are using newer kernels. I just tried the 0618 version uploaded a couple hours ago. I am still having the same issue with my NUC7i3BNH not being able to pass DTS-HD Master or TrueHD. It doesn't matter if I have it at 60p or 24p.
To refresh NUC7i3BNH (Kaby Lake) >HDMI cable >Yamaha A3010 receiver > Epson Projector. 

This receiver projector combo has worked fine for me to stream DTS HD Ma/TrueHD for many years using previous Kodi builds (Chromebox, PC, Dell/Wyse Thin Clients, etc). 

I updated the NUC HDMI firmware to 1.66 some time ago and this NUC box works fine with Windows 10 and official Windows 32 bit Kodi. It passes HD audio and does so with refresh rate switching down to 24p. 

I finally figured out how to enable logging. I played back a 1080p movie rip with both DTS-HD Master (5.1) and DTS 5.1. I switched from DTSHDMA to regular DTS after a short period with no audio playback (receiver shows Analog). This was set at fixed 60p for this log. When I switched to bitstreaming regular DTS, it started playing the audio immediately. I switched back to DTS HD Master and the audio dropped again immediately.

Here is the latest Log. 
http://ix.io/1dQ7
 So, to update on this for any Kaby Lake NUC users, I figured out that it was something to do with my Yamaha receiver. I recently swapped receivers to an Integra (Onkyo) DTR-50.5 and the DTS-HD/TrueHD are passing perfectly using LibreElec. I actually tried the Official 8.90.x alpha and it is working fine under both 24p and 60p. So, nobody ever responded with an thoughts from my Log (above), so I will probably never know if it was a bad Yamaha receiver, or just something between Yamaha and LibreElec/Kodi that was preventing the HD audio from passing.

Just keep this in mind if you are having HD audio problems and have a Yamaha receiver.
(2018-10-31, 15:54)billbillw Wrote: So, to update on this for any Kaby Lake NUC users, I figured out that it was something to do with my Yamaha receiver. I recently swapped receivers to an Integra (Onkyo) DTR-50.5 and the DTS-HD/TrueHD are passing perfectly using LibreElec. I actually tried the Official 8.90.x alpha and it is working fine under both 24p and 60p. So, nobody ever responded with an thoughts from my Log (above), so I will probably never know if it was a bad Yamaha receiver, or just something between Yamaha and LibreElec/Kodi that was preventing the HD audio from passing.

Just keep this in mind if you are having HD audio problems and have a Yamaha receiver.

I'm fairly sure that Yamaha has been identified as a brand that has caused problems with Kodi audio in the past, along with Denon/Marantz. I don't know if this is a Kodi, kernel or even Intel hardware issue, or just a bug in the AVR firmware, but generally speaking almost all other AVR brands are working fine with HD audio (which is probably why nobody responded, as the problem isn't on the LibreELEC end of the HDMI cable).

@fritsch can probably speak more about the problems he's experienced with Denon/Marantz, while I've never had a problem with Onkyo. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your Integra now that you've finally got working HD audio! Smile
(2018-10-31, 16:15)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-10-31, 15:54)billbillw Wrote: So, to update on this for any Kaby Lake NUC users, I figured out that it was something to do with my Yamaha receiver. I recently swapped receivers to an Integra (Onkyo) DTR-50.5 and the DTS-HD/TrueHD are passing perfectly using LibreElec. I actually tried the Official 8.90.x alpha and it is working fine under both 24p and 60p. So, nobody ever responded with an thoughts from my Log (above), so I will probably never know if it was a bad Yamaha receiver, or just something between Yamaha and LibreElec/Kodi that was preventing the HD audio from passing.

I'm fairly sure that Yamaha has been identified as a brand that has caused problems with Kodi audio in the past, along with Denon/Marantz. I don't know if this is a Kodi, kernel or even Intel hardware issue, or just a bug in the AVR firmware, but generally speaking almost all other AVR brands are working fine with HD audio (which is probably why nobody responded, as the problem isn't on the LibreELEC end of the HDMI cable).

@fritsch can probably speak more about the problems he's experienced with Denon/Marantz, while I've never had a problem with Onkyo. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your Integra now that you've finally got working HD audio! Smile 
 Yes, although I was not happy that the Yamaha died suddenly without warning, I am very pleased to be using LibreElec again. Windows was a frustration almost every time I turned it on.
(2018-10-31, 16:15)Milhouse Wrote: @fritsch can probably speak more about the problems he's experienced with Denon/Marantz, while I've never had a problem with Onkyo. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your Integra now that you've finally got working HD audio! Smile

Eagerly waiting to hear an answer on this as I have a couple of Denon AVRs and looking to buy a new NUC8 for the second (it’s currently got an Apple 4K TV with MRMC but it’s UI is very limited especially for music and playlists. I want another LE device like my original NUC5 but needs HD audio like the NUC5)
All problems are solved. with lspcon firmware >= 1.66, a recent kernel all formats work fine. The last bits ot properly working was DTS-HD HR which we fixed some weeks ago.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
For your log

Quote:21:22:29.967 T:140534340290752 NOTICE: Starting Kodi (18.0-ALPHA2 Git:37f55e6). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Are you kidding me?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for great news and all the Kodi/kernel devs for their work on this!!
  • 308(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24