• 316(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
Superb.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
Which flavour of Linux does LibreElec use? Ubuntu?

I’m thinking of using Teamviewer to setup & support a family member remotely. Maybe there’s another Remote Desktop app that others use but I’m quite familiar with Teamviewr to support my 85 yo dad.
(2018-11-16, 09:05)HomerJau Wrote: Which flavour of Linux does LibreElec use? Ubuntu?

I’m thinking of using Teamviewer to setup & support a family member remotely. Maybe there’s another Remote Desktop app that others use but I’m quite familiar with Teamviewr to support my 85 yo dad.
 it's not based on any existing distro.  There's a VNC addon you can use for remote access, but you'd need to have the appropriate ports forwarded on the router since not designed for external use like Teamviewer
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1116: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 03fda5dfd7175009879781fb5caea835ea0d97e76b91ca7be0f9f6759a471c80 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.19.2 #1 SMP Fri Nov 16 21:25:08 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181116212344-#1116-gcf9a0c9 [Build #1116]

# Kodi version
(18.0-RC1 Git:5bcc6f9). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (cf9a0c9, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (5bcc6f9, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. [addons] Sort logged list of installed add-ons
  2. inputstream.adaptive: Include codecId in decoder display name
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [addons] sync with repo (PR:14886, 1 commit, 7 files changed)
    • [AddonVideoCodec] retrieve codec name after Open() (PR:14889, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. inputstream.adaptive:
    • Include codecId in decoder display name (3e6b8e6)
  3. pvr.mythtv:
    • add eit categories supplied by telerama (e88cd2f)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] PR:14888 (perma): [addons] Sort logged list of installed add-ons
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Installed the latest update...worked flawlessly as always.

Wondering if anyone knows when inputstream.adaptive with be fixed so we can enjoy Netflix again??
(2018-11-17, 01:43)cranks Wrote: Installed the latest update...worked flawlessly as always.

Wondering if anyone knows when inputstream.adaptive with be fixed so we can enjoy Netflix again??
Not sure its an inputstream.adaptive problem - have you tried the latest 0.13.7 Netflix add-on which should include a fix?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-11-17, 01:46)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-11-17, 01:43)cranks Wrote: Installed the latest update...worked flawlessly as always.

Not sure its an inputstream.adaptive problem - have you tried the latest 0.13.7 Netflix add-on which should include a fix?
 Just tried 0.13.7 Netflix add-on as suggested and now I have a working Netflix again....thanks for the advise!!

On a slightly different topic....can you suggest how I can copy this working Kodi onto another pc running a different version of Kodi thus saving me setup time?? (I have two SFF pc's running different Kodi builds that are in other rooms...like to save time setting up the other one if possible..)
(2018-11-17, 02:05)cranks Wrote: On a slightly different topic....can you suggest how I can copy this working Kodi onto another pc running a different version of Kodi thus saving me setup time?? (I have two SFF pc's running different Kodi builds that are in other rooms...like to save time setting up the other one if possible..)

Normally you'd use the backup/restore facility in LE Settings add-on, but only if the two Kodi versions are using the same database versions (or the system to which you restore the backup is using a higher database version, which won't be the case if you use one of my builds as the backup source). When the other Kodi system is using an older database version (eg. Krypton) then it won't see the database version you restore. Also, Kodi 18 uses a different settings system which can't be restored to a pre-Kodi 18 system.
Thanks Milhouse...they are both Kodi 18 so I'll try the backup/restore facility as you suggested...
Smile 
The backup and restore feature works a treat!!!   Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1117: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: c8f78a9f7b336110bd1f672229b346937ac3edef7f02da0aed85bfda679d8d6a (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.19.2 #1 SMP Sat Nov 17 21:04:06 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181117210230-#1117-g5a18f1a [Build #1117]

# Kodi version
(18.0-RC1 Git:8b68a90). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (5a18f1a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (8b68a90, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. [JSON] Bump version to 10.0.0
  2. fixed: Low read rate detection logic when VideoPlayer uses filecache
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • update_retroplayer-addons: use git ls-remote to avoid cloning the ent (PR:3052, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • update_retroplayer-addons: use default branch instead of master (PR:3110, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • vdr-addon 109 / script.config.vdr 103 (PR:3097, 6 commits, 19 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • fixed: Low read rate detection logic when VideoPlayer uses filecache (PR:14869, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • [storage] MediaManager::Onstorage*: Do not show toasts if fullscreen (PR:14881, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [fix] redact paths in edl logging (PR:14844, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [JSON] Bump version to 10.0.0 (PR:14790, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [addons] Sort logged list of installed add-ons (PR:14888, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. inputstream.adaptive:
  4. pvr.mythtv:
    • sync upstream cppmyth (2.11.0) (80396dd)
    • disable file caching by default (1a0a9cb)
    • add advanced settings to re-enable builtin files cache (19dc3d0)
    • review visibility fo recording flags (6aa74d1)
    • bump version 5.9.0 (d53d4b8)
Just an FYI post:

I just bought a NUCi5BEK and installed LibreELEC, then updated to Milhouse build #1115. I then loaded the most recent backup from my Milhouse #1022 build (from another Intel HTPC).

It all seemed to work but then I noticed that all my videos were "squeezed" on the sides, about 20-50 pixels. Even my calibration files acted this way.

Kodi was still set to 1080p, my TV set to "Screen Fit". I checked and reset "almost everything!!!" but the issue persisted.

Then I turned off "Adjust framerate on start/stop" and the problem went away. I had the appropriate framerates already "whitelisted" from the #1022 backup.

Finally, I deleted the guisettings.xml file and restarted, re-set my framerate "whitelist" setting, turned on "Adjust framerate on start/stop" and now it all works as expected.

Edit: I had a different issue with Kodi 18 B5 on my Windows HTPC where some 720p files would display in the upper-left quadrant of the screen. I deleted the guisettings.xml (inherited from Kodi 17.6) and reset the whitelist and now it works fine also.

Lessons learned...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Simple: The old manual calibrations you did - don't match the overscan/ underscan of your new device.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
thx
Hey,

This is again about the buffering issue with the latest builds. Playback just buffers or fails from smb:// shares. As in other reports, the problem started with build 1023 and still exists in the latest builds (haven't tried one with a 4.20 kernel though). I originally mentioned it as as Samba-issue in https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2786457. Also reported by @jmerrilljr, @jwegman, @supergroover and @Matt Devo.

I notice that the other reports also include Chromebox hardware. My hardware is a HP Chromebox 020. I only use a wired network with a cat6 cable and play files from either a Debian 9.3 SAMBA 4.5.12 share or a Windows 7 share. Same results from both. I have tested the network with iperf3, and the connection is flawless with ~950Mbit/s. The network adapter is a RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller using the r8169 kernel module.

I am still not entirely sure if this is only a hardware issue, last time I tried I *think* that OS mounted samba shares and local playback worked fine. I could be wrong though, since the reports are from Chromebox users. I will have to test quickly with some OS-mounted shares and maybe try a build with a 4.20-RC kernel (was mentioned here somewhere). Anyway, here are the logs. Debug has also been turned on. I am pretty sure they are not truncated. I just copied those from the Logfiles smb-share (which just executes the /usr/bin/createlog command)

I also get a message about "Remote communication server failed to start" on boot, but I think it is irrelevant.

1016 log files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/esyfiirbqpjep...Aynoa?dl=0
1016x log files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/59yklg7s5knq2...2J4ca?dl=0

Just tell me what else might be needed, or what else to test, and I will do it later today.
  • 316(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24