• 321(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-11-28, 01:43)wheemer Wrote: What's weird is I left it connected in it's non working state for about an hour and suddenly it's working... Not sure why or how but I am happy.

Pretty weird. I guess you should never turn it off in case you have to wait another hour. Smile

(2018-11-28, 01:43)wheemer Wrote: I think this controller is the 8192, if that matters

There are multiple variations of the RTL8192 - we support RTL8192CU, RTL8192DU and RTL8192EU with out of tree drivers. There may be others.

It's impossible to say what you have without your zip file from Logfiles. As I say, the chipsets used by these things varies by region, or whatever Realtek chipset happened to be the deal of the week at the time of manufacture... Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-11-28, 01:58)keydon Wrote: Hallo,

I noticed a regression in the CEC Volume Controls.
Starting from Milhouse Build #1107 I no longer can control the volume of my AMP from withing kodi (+/- Keys on the keyboard)
Instead it just adjusts the internal kodi volume. Audio-Passthrough still works fine.
But while Audio-passthrouh is active (i.e. when playing a video), the volume keys do nothing but show the volume indicator, the indicator itself does not change in this case.

I am using the Pulse-Eight USB-CEC-Adapter (latest firmware v7 2016-04-13) on regular x86_x64 hardware.
here are some versions I tested until I found the breaking build with some debug-logs and libCEC enabled component specific logs.

html:
#0916 OK
#1101 OK
#1106 OK http://ix.io/1uFj
#1107 Bad http://ix.io/1uFn
#1108 Bad
#1110 Bad
#1113 Bad
#1126 Bad
#1127 Bad http://ix.io/1uFr

thank you,
keydon

Thanks for the investigation.

In #1107 there were a few upstream libcec changes:

(2018-11-08, 01:13)Milhouse Wrote: Build Details:
  1. libcec:
    • Modifies NSIS script to call EventGhost to install the plugin (PR:375, 2 commits, 9 files changed)
    • fixed: don't poll samsung TVs. issue #424 (f87328d)
    • fixed: creating windows installer (009d54b)

The first and third commits should have no effect on LibreELEC, but I've reverted the second "Samsung" commit and uploaded build #1127b: Generic

Can you compare #1127b with #1127, and report if there is any change.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-11-28, 02:33)Milhouse Wrote: I've reverted the second "Samsung" commit and uploaded build #1127b: Generic
#1127b works like a charm! thank you <3
(2018-11-29, 00:01)keydon Wrote:
(2018-11-28, 02:33)Milhouse Wrote: I've reverted the second "Samsung" commit and uploaded build #1127b: Generic
#1127b works like a charm! thank you <3

Thanks fore the confirmation.

Now that we've identified the regression, it needs to be reported to libcec so that it can be fixed upstream - please open an issue on the libcec github posting links to your #1106/#1107 logs and your description of the problem. Linking to the original change and confirming that reverting this change fixes the issue should be helpful. If/when there is a libcec fix for the issue then we can include it in LibreELEC - reverting is really only ever a last option.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1128: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 6ac114cf25415ddb43faadde04e7644d308ddaed58eb52369bdca45332db4ef7 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.19.5 #1 SMP Wed Nov 28 23:05:41 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181128230210-#1128-g63fb241 [Build #1128]

# Kodi version
(18.0-RC2 Git:5880ccf). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (63fb241, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (5880ccf, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. mesa: update to mesa-18.2.6
  2. AV1 decode enabled
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • kodi: enable dav1d in ffmpeg backend (PR:3069, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [Bugfix][Android] fix handling of controller DPAD buttons (PR:14959, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Games: Assign joysticks in order of MRU (last activation) (PR:14944, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
    • [addons] fix addon install process percent indication (PR:14884, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [pvr] CPVRRecording::GetResumePoint(): Performance: Update resume poi (PR:14961, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [cleanup] remove code for glibc 2.0 and lower (PR:14951, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Android] prevent passing negative pts values to mediacodec (PR:14950, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. inputstream.adaptive:
    • [DASH] Tag main subs as default (6fb462e)
    • Version bump 2.3.12 (efd4b4f)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:3130 (perma): linux (RPi/Generic): update to linux-4.19.5
    • Added: [env] PR:3132 (perma): buildsystem: fix custom colors
    • Added: [env] PR:3135 (perma): mesa: update to mesa-18.2.6
    • Added: [env] PR:3136 (perma): buildsystem: proxy calls to package functions
    • Added: [env] PR:3137 (perma): ffmpeg: enable av1 just for neon/sse
Weekly Linux 4.20-rc4 build #1128x: Generic

Known issues:
text:

iptables temporarily replaced with nftables due to build issues
xf86-video-nvidia may not be working (or show garbage characters)
(2018-11-24, 13:30)ellite Wrote:
(2018-11-23, 17:22)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-11-23, 15:46)ellite Wrote: Hi.
I have an issue on both my setups, it started when I had to reinstall my machines. I tried to search before asking for your help, but I could not find anything.
The issue I am facing, is that some screens are missing the texts. This is how it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/U2pekEl
The setup is an Intel NUC i5 running 2018-1122.

I did a reset today, to see if the issue would go away, but it is still there.

I have a log with debug enabled.
LOG: https://pastebin.com/mCxifafF

Would appreciate any assistance you could provide.
Thanks in advance.

Edit: Did a complete fresh install from a USB stick. And could notice this only starts after I have two different profiles. I restarted like 10 times before setting the profiles, and this never happened. Setup my profiles, and after reboot, this issue is back again.

Nothing comes to mind, maybe @fritsch has an idea.

But as always, start testing the older builds in order to determine when the issue started. Go back 6 months - if the problem isn't there 6 months ago then start going forward until you find the first build with the issue. If the issue is present in a build from 6 months ago then go back further (there are 12 months worth of builds online). Worst case it's been present for longer than 12 months, but that's usually not the case.   
 Hi, thanks for your assistance.
I Started testing from December last year, and could find the build where it stopped working. The first build with this issue is #0604
Hope this can help find the issue.

Regards. 
Did anyone find any hints on what is causing this? Is there anything I can do on my side to solve it?
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1129: Generic

SHA256 Checksum: e2ed3ae12b32abf7349e2d1b753828fcf8800872d162ec68c5cc0b770872c17f (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.19.5 #1 SMP Thu Nov 29 21:03:51 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181129210228-#1129-g5dc77c9 [Build #1129]

# Kodi version

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (5dc77c9, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (5880ccf, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. libssh: update to libssh-0.8.5
  2. Adds ability to change SSH root password from LE settings
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • ffmpeg: enable av1 just for neon/sse (PR:3137, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • buildsystem: proxy calls to package functions (PR:3136, 7 commits, 6 files changed)
    • buildsystem: fix custom colors (PR:3132, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • dvb-latest: update to 2018-11-23 (PR:3123, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • samba: update to samba-4.9.3 (PR:3129, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • mesa: update to mesa-18.2.6 (PR:3135, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • zstd: update to 1.3.7 (PR:3126, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libretro-fbalpha: updated to git bfededf / updated build flags (PR:3133, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • dotnet-runtime: update to 2.1.6 (PR:3139, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  2. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:3138 (perma): libssh: update to libssh-0.8.5
    • Added: [pkg] PR:106 (perma): Adds ability to change SSH root password from LE settings (service.libreelec.settings)
(2018-11-29, 21:38)ellite Wrote:
(2018-11-24, 13:30)ellite Wrote:
(2018-11-23, 17:22)Milhouse Wrote: Nothing comes to mind, maybe @fritsch has an idea.

But as always, start testing the older builds in order to determine when the issue started. Go back 6 months - if the problem isn't there 6 months ago then start going forward until you find the first build with the issue. If the issue is present in a build from 6 months ago then go back further (there are 12 months worth of builds online). Worst case it's been present for longer than 12 months, but that's usually not the case.   
 Hi, thanks for your assistance.
I Started testing from December last year, and could find the build where it stopped working. The first build with this issue is #0604
Hope this can help find the issue.

Regards. 
Did anyone find any hints on what is causing this? Is there anything I can do on my side to solve it?

I've been snowed under and haven't had time to respond on this until now, but there's nothing obvious in #0604 so I have to ask - are you sure this starts with #0604?

In the log you posted previously, your advancedsettings.xml has various gui settings:
text:
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>

Test without those settings.
Hi, thanks for coming back to me.

1 - Yes, it starts on that version. #0603 is fine. (Just tested again today)
2 - I removed those setting from the advancedsettings.xml, unfortunatelly, the problem persists.

I can maybe add something.
This only happens if I have 2 profiles set. If I don't have profiles, this does not happen.
If I switch to a different skin, and switch back, the problem is gone until next reboot.
If I logoff a profile, and login again, the problem is also gone (Or it was the case. Now it just reboots if i logoff/login).

Thanks.
(2018-11-21, 17:27)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-11-21, 08:33)Simaryp Wrote: Hey Milhouse, I am not doing frequent updates of your builds so I don't know from which build this started but with the recent builds I have an annoying bug again that I had beforehand only on a different custom build.
I am running a HTPC with an Asrock J4105-ITX. I have randomly a mouse cursor in the center of my display. I think I saw it in the past sometimes on bootup before Kodi launched. The occurrence flipflops randomly when the display switches between video playback. For example: After boot; no cursor. During video 1; no cursor. Back in Kodi; cursor. During next video; cursor. And so on. There is no systematic in it. Switching TV-channels might also cause this. Only thing I can say is that switching the displaymode might trigger a flip.
It seems also to be different from the Kodi mouse. I activated it, while I had the cursor in the center. But this caused a second bigger cursor to appear in the upper left corner. I have no mouse attached to the system only a FLIRC-USB, which is usually detected as an Keyboard.

I asked already in the libreelec forum but got no response so far.

Can you take a photograph? Have you tried disabling mouse input? It would help if you could identify the first build with this issue. 
Hi Milhouse I pinned it down. Build 1027 is fine. Starting with Build 1028 both main issues, the occurence of mouse cursor and the wrong frequency on dvb start. In direct comparison I also figured out that starting playback in general takes longer and the tv gives information that the input signal has changed. With 1027 that wasn't the case.
(2018-11-30, 12:50)ellite Wrote: Hi, thanks for coming back to me.

1 - Yes, it starts on that version. #0603 is fine. (Just tested again today)
2 - I removed those setting from the advancedsettings.xml, unfortunatelly, the problem persists.

I can maybe add something.
This only happens if I have 2 profiles set. If I don't have profiles, this does not happen.
If I switch to a different skin, and switch back, the problem is gone until next reboot.
If I logoff a profile, and login again, the problem is also gone (Or it was the case. Now it just reboots if i logoff/login).

Thanks.

Profiles are a mess. I think the plan is to rearchitect the entire implementation in Kodi 19. I don't know what is causing this bug, but you may need to open an issue on Kodi github in order that it gets any attention.
(2018-11-30, 18:15)Simaryp Wrote: Hi Milhouse I pinned it down. Build 1027 is fine. Starting with Build 1028 both main issues, the occurence of mouse cursor and the wrong frequency on dvb start. In direct comparison I also figured out that starting playback in general takes longer and the tv gives information that the input signal has changed. With 1027 that wasn't the case.

There were more whitelist/resolution changes in that build. Please open an issue on Kodi github. Pretty much all of the LibreELEC changes you see in #1028 were also present in #1027.

There is an EGL-related change in #1028 but this is intended to improve compatability with older hardware - can you provide a debug log (wiki) from #1130?

The updated 4.19 kernel PR in #1028 is accounted for by the rebasing of the RPi linux commits, meaning the x86_64 kernel is identical to that in #1027.

If nobody is able to suggest a cause in this thread, then I would suggest you open an issue on the Kodi Github.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1130: Generic

SHA256 Checksum: e68865c89d68d4338679365d95deb2bd77cecc49ab5e60106f1032705428e160 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.19.5 #1 SMP Fri Nov 30 21:07:20 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181130210330-#1130-g5dc77c9 [Build #1130]

# Kodi version

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (5dc77c9, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (5880ccf, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Enable CONFIG_BRCMFMAC_SDIO support, with firmware and configs
  2. Improve password setting PR
Build Details:
  1. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:3130 (perma): linux (RPi/Generic): update to linux-4.19.5
    • Updated: [pkg] PR:106 (perma): Adds ability to change SSH root password from LE settings (service.libreelec.settings)
I created a fresh log.
I started the system and switched on a TV Channel. Only the resolution bug occurred. I changed the channel but no cursor appeared. I started then a series episode. After stopping playback the cursor was there.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/VYXt9cQH9t/

BTW: The suggested paste.kodi service said the file is too long.
  • 321(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24